Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'll actually finish this poo poo now that I'm on a desktop and therefore can play while watching videos instead of forgetting about the run in the fuckin' end-game

hell, I'll do a prep run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
My test fuckin' run rolled Berserker. Goddamnit.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Man, my test run is on World 2 now and I got Black Mage/Berserker/Beastmaster/Dancer.

I'm not super happy with this team composition. At least I get to learn more about Captures, I suppose.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
As a fellow FFIX fan, I'll do the Tot thing, as long as I don't blank out on it. Tot is pretty dope.

KataraniSword posted:

Hope you farmed enough gil for Flame Rings in World 1. If you did that, then you're golden. If not, you're gonna have some HP problems for a few bosses.

Learn what captures do 25% MaxHP attacks. (Yellow Dragon in Exdeath's Castle is one of them, Dragon Aevis in the void is another.) Instant death monsters are also good in the rare cases a boss is vulnerable.

Couldn't be bothered to farm gold. Hell, I might be underleveled, I think I'm in my late 10's still.

I suppose I just spam good Captures and clean up with spells. It's good practice at least, hehe. It does make for the squishiest party ever if you can't be bothered to grind, I had to cheese the meteor bosses super hard.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
What if I do Bartz as Tot then hex edit everyone else's names to Jotaro, is, and Trash?

can I even do that I should look into that

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
yaaaaaaay my first job is blue mage

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Tot!!! run gave me MYSTIC KNIGHT on Water. Tot is blessed.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Fire crystal update: Blue Mage/M.Knight/Beastmaster

this is the silliest run

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Edward_Tohr posted:

Blue mage and Beastmaster in the same run.

Honestly, at this point it barely matters what you roll for Earth. :v:

Imma just learn all the blue magics and break the game. Maybe I'll get Chemist and break the game even more, but I suppose right now whatever I get will work, hehe.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Half of Dracula posted:

My tweets don't go through to Gilgabot and I want to unlock Fire (and Earth). This is what I get for trying to unlock all my jobs early.

It updates my personal page, that's how I've been checking out my jobs so far. Search for your @ on the players' list.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Tot!!! run has been derailed by Overwatch and a power outage today, but broken-rear end "best classes in the game" run will resume tomorrow whenever I wake up because I have all the time in the world. Thank god for 10% unemployment and 25% recent college graduates unemployment rates!

:smith:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Okay, final party is:

Blue Mage/Mystic Knight/Beastmaster aaaand...

Dancer!

Not the bestest Earth job but it barely matters right now, doesn't it?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Sup, thread? So, I'm on the Rift right now and I wanted to know how "fast" do I need to be to cheese Omega with !Calm. I tried the strat with my late 20s squad and it didn't really work. I suppose I could grind levels or Hermes' Sandals money regardless, but I kinda wanna be an rear end in a top hat and beat it in as low of a level as possible.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Samuel Clemens posted:

The speed of your characters is independent of their level. The only things that help are raising Agility, lowering Equipment Weight, and having Haste on every character.

Gotcha. Decided to grind for Hermes and Coral Rings while I'm at it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I did Omega, Shinryu has proven more of a pain. Gotta prep that Wonder Wand so I can just Berserk him, I guess.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I killed the stupid dragon! With a stupid strategy! Read: Aegis Shielded Hasted Mirage Robed Mystic Knight spamming Dance until Sword Dance worked enough times and Shinryu didn't RNG me to death.

...I really should've leveled up some more.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

fuuuuuuuuuuck this stupid tree probably the 30th attempt

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Level 5 Death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I thought you guys would like to know about my 750 Chaos Run.

Red Mage/Blue Mage/Chemist so far, one crystal to go.

I hope it's Time Mage.

• Locked thread