Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Lovely Senorita posted:

after a few years of this, I'm thoroughly convinced that Berserkers are a much better job to receive than Red Mage at any and all points

Berserkers are amazing if they get just one useful support skill

Even if it's just a magic job to boost the rune axe. More than once I've beaten the game with a Berserker as my only good damager.

IDK how much I'm gonna do this this year around, the last couple of years haven't really worked out great, I got fired in the middle of the fiesta in 2014 and I was transitioning into a new career in 2015. Maybe this'll be the year I get 20 wins. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Huzzah! posted:

In Best I'd put white/blue mage. Both can buff and heal the team. After that, Ninja/Knight to really give the team damage.

For worst, thief or geomancer.

Edit: VVVVVV I suppose

I've done two runs of Thief/ZerkZerkZerk, this run is incredibly easy. Thief can steal any equipment you need and get you healing items way outside the level range you would normally get them. The very high speed of a thief makes it easy for you to keep the party healed (relatively, as far as potion users go) and Artful Dodger is by far the best ability to put on a Berserker in a 3Zerk run.

Knight is not good because 2Handing isn't a very good choice when you only have one healer and need to minimize the damage your guys take. The worst class to do this with would probably be Mystic Knight. You can't share anything useful with your berserkers and the Rune Axe doesn't work for mystic knight abilities. Even a Geomancer does okay with zerkers because !Gaia can often heal or one-shot a field of enemies. A mystic knight in a 3zerk party is a Red Mage without spells.

ftr, Thief is my favorite class in FF5 and I'll fight you over it. Steal is awesome, there is so much fun crap that you can pick up along the way that you can't otherwise get without a thief.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 10:57 on May 22, 2016

• Locked thread