Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Going to be doing my first Fiesta thanks to FFRK-induced nostalgia.

I've played FFV before, but never all the way through, but have paid tangential attention to the Fiestas in the past.

What are the known list of registration commands this year, or are they a mystery until registration officially starts? I remember reading about them a couple years ago but didn't see a list of any in the OP, and the official site is just a countdown timer. I'm assuming for a first-time complete playthrough anyway I should just stick to the default...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Schwartzcough posted:

We can't be sure about this year, but probably the only change will be the new "mystery" option. Here's a link to the other likely commands: http://fourjobfiesta.com/help.php

Thanks!

What exactly is the difference between Normal, Random, and Chaos? Am I reading random right in that you could just theoretically get 4 water crystal jobs out the gate?

Pretty sure I want to do #natural, but not sure which main mode I'll end up on.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
The idea is that once you get your first job, all your freelancers become that job and you never go back to freelancer again, right? And you just fill out the rest of your team as the other jobs become available?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Registered for a plain old Chaos run for my first time actually completing the game and doing the Fiesta.

Don't gently caress me, Gilgabot :ohdear:

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I know the GBA version is the preferred version; is there a preferred emulator for Windows I should be using and/or any particular patches? Want to have this ready to go for sunday.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Prism posted:

There's a new version of that patch, isn't there? (Since last Fiesta anyway.) Do you know where it's at? I went to romhacking to look and it said it was updated November 2015 but it's the same one I downloaded last year, 3.0.

I'd appreciate a link to this as well.

Also, does it work with the Fiesta mod patches listed in the OP? Is it generally considered cheating to use stuff that unlocks all the jobs immediately like those patches? If this is my first Fiesta and I'm doing Chaos should I avoid those entirely and just play through it naturally?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

the Orb of Zot posted:

He's finishing up Necrophobe, just Shinryu and NED left.

So an hour from now at the latest.

I'm parked outside of the Wind Shrine and ready to go.

I hope I don't draw all Earth Crystal jobs :ohdear:

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
So will Gilgabot unlock jobs now?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Welp, my first job is Dragoon.

This means all four of my jobs are Earth Crystal, doesn't it.

So, how rough is it taking four freelancers to the Earth Crystal?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Hit the Water crystal and unlocked Geomancer on my chaos run, which puts me at Dragoon/Geomancer/???/??? and means even more freelancing.

Things aren't looking good, are they?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Got summoner on fire crystal, which now means my full freelancer party is now 3 Geomancers and 1 Summoner, since I don't have any summons yet.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Oyster posted:

Having a Summoner, is it worth it to buy Chocobo/Sylph/Remora? I'm thinking if !Call only pulls from available summons I'd like to only get Shiva/Ifrit/Ramuh/Syldra/Leviathan/Bahamut.

Chocobo was critical for getting my Summoner/Geomancer party through the final phase of Archaeovois, and Remora was useful exactly once in the Titan fight.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I'm further than I've ever gotten in FFV, and am at Exdeath's Castle in World 2 with Thief/Geomancer/Summoner/Dragoon.

I missed the line about farming Reflect Rings in the barrier tower on Enkibot.

How screwed am I?

Edit: Never mind, I see Reflect Mages on F2 that I can steal them from.

Phew.

Aerox fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jun 14, 2016

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
With Thief/Summoner/Geomancer/Dragoon, which Sealed Weapons and optional World 3 stuff should I be aiming for?

Right now I know I want Air Lancet for Summoner and the Holy Lance for Dragoon, I know the Gaia Bell is trash (and my Geomancer is basically just a summoner anyway), and I think I'm going to pop Chicken Knife on the Thief. I'm also thinking about getting Magic Lamp, although I'm not sure if it's necessary.

What other stuff should I be eyeing? A cursory read of the optional stuff makes it sound like it's mostly all hot garbage for this party composition, but I've never made it to World 3 in any FFV playthrough before so I'm assuming there's a bunch of stuff I'm missing.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Ok, I think I'm about ready for Neo Exdeath.

Everyone's got Hermes Sandals.

Dragoon (Holy Lance/Aegis Shield/Genji Helm/Bone Mail)
Thief (Chicken Knife/Tiger Mask/Diamond Plate)
Geomancer (Using !Summon) (Air Knife/Gold Hairpin/Black Robe)
Summoner (Air Knife/Gold Hairpin/Black Robe)

Also grabbed the Magic Lamp and Syldra. Anything critical I'm missing?

Roughly what level should I be to beat him? I'm 29 now -- if I'm too low, where's a good spot to farm for exp?

Edit: I can go straight into the Rift via the airship into the Desert Zone without getting all the tablets and stuff, right? Or is it mandatory to get all 12 weapons first?

Aerox fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jun 16, 2016

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
My emulator took the tiniest picture, but I did it! Very first Fiesta down!

I think I'm going to do another run since I'm leaving on a work trip tomorrow and have downtime!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

alcharagia posted:

Catoblepas tries his hardest, but I do not think there has ever been a game where he was a useful summon.

He was super critical in taking out an instant chunk of NED in my run, and he also took out a couple other bosses in a really helpful manner.

• Locked thread