Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Last time I managed to defeat Shinryu but, somehow, couldn't defeat Neo Exdeath. This time, THIS TIME, Imma do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Neo Exdeath can be a real bastard, especially for certain teams. I kind of think he's the hardest normal (i.e. non-optional/secret/postgame) final boss in the series.

There's a whole bunch of little tricks regulars use to grease the wheels of that encounter a little bit. Make sure you grab the Magic Lamp, for example. Check the document!

I used the magic lamp and stuff, I could usually kill 2 parts, but I needed to grind more to have the hp/damage to finish the fight.

My team was Berserker, Berserker, Black Mage, Red Mage.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I'm going to call him Prince.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I still want my FFV Saturday Morning Cartoon.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Lovely Senorita posted:

Bartz is the singular best character in Final Fantasy Record Keeper.

Surely you mean Gilgamesh?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Can Of Worms posted:

Finally... it's time... I might not have as much time to grind out Fiesta runs the summer, but hopefully I can get a few!

By the way Kyrosiris, two corrections: Sullla's site moved domains recently, the new link for his logs is http://www.sullla.com/FF/finalfantasy.html. The other is that the Fiesta patch unlocks all jobs for Chaos runs.

And while I'm here, I'll give a little plug for my other patch with some incentives to use it: Do you want Rapidfiring Berserkers? Do you want unkillable Monks that recover HP faster than a speeding bullet, and that can imbue their fists with righteous holy fury, or the raw energy of Flare? Do you want a Brave Blade that actually isn't terrible and lets you run from fights? Then you should try my patch in the OP, for the GBA version of FFV!!!

Yes, I want all of that!

Edit: How do you apply the patch? Also, can you apply both?

MonsieurChoc fucked around with this message at 16:33 on May 22, 2016

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Can Of Worms posted:

The changelog has the instructions, but to summarize: You can either use http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/606/ or http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/519/. The patches aren't compatible with each other though!

Alright then. I'm gonna play Balance for fun and Fiesta for the Fiesta.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Schwartzcough posted:

Oh really? Huh, I thought the GBA version was miticulous in carrying over the same bugs intact (except for the thornlet underflow). I didn't think it introduced new ones.

It introduced more than one! Vampire heals and damage for full missing hp instead of half, for instance.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

World 2 is pretty much the high point of FFV's plot, starting with Galuf single-handedly saving the crew and the mad escape across the Big Bridge to the Dawn Warriors to Galuf's Death to Exdeath's Castle. Even when I played it for the first time with the crappy translation I loved it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

What the hell is Meatfort? Exdeath Castle?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Asked Gilgabot for all my jobs, and for some reason he won't give me my Earth job. Got Dancer/Bard/Geomancer so far.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Problem fixed by senfing another tweet, got Beastmaster as my foith job. Gonna be a weird run!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

After a good night's sleep, let's get the ball rolling on this thing. Four dancers up till the Water Crystal, go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3_NntYhzV4

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Sandowrm is kicking my rear end. I've got Dance/Bard/Geomancer.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

The power of the Dance is nothing compared to Soul Cannon. :negative:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Guys I really need help on how to defeat Soul Cannon.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Kyrosiris posted:

Sounds like someone needs more elixirs.

I've got... 7?

edit:

derra posted:

Dance bard geo, right?

Grind up Hide on as many people you have patience on. The launchers are vulnerable to stop. Have one bard Romeos Ballad them to keep them from aging, and kill them. Once they are dead, you should be fast enough to hide from soul cannon, return, hit. Repeat until dead. Will take a while but you should be able to avoid all damage.

Kill the launchers asap.

Wow, completely forgot about Hide. Thanks, will try.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Defeated Soul Cannon with the power !Hide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I have now completed World 1 and unlocked my future MVP: The Beastmaster!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGEigptwPOU

Zerilan posted:

What's the patch do?

Unlock all the jobs at the start so you can do Chaos runs and do fun stuff like defeat Garula with the Power of Dance.

• Locked thread