Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I've never done a Fiesta before, but I've beaten FF5 without Blue Magic so how hard could it possibly be? I don't think I could really do more than one run considering burnout, but it should be a fun diversion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I know everybody's excited about Berserkers but I just want to do a normal run so I can use several classes. Should be fun.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I'm starting with Monk. Yaaaaaaay...

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Guess who got Berserker despite not risking! (It's me)

Question. Is it worth it to have Berserkers equip Barehanded and go as such for the time being? Since that's about all I got, and I imagine Daggers wouldn't be that much of an upgrade. I don't know if you still get that One Free Purchase at Karnak in the GBA version. Just trying to plan ahead...

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

It's not as close as the other goon that posted a while back but I still feel proud of my first liquidflame.png.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Beastmaster as my Fire Crystal Job! Finally something I feel has actual strategy behind it.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Soul Cannon is getting me too. Monk/Zerk/Beast, so far, having Monk be the class I have two of. Should I just grind a bit or what? Should I have two Beastmasters so I can unleash more temporary carnage? I'm 21 across the board at the moment.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Asiina posted:

What should I release against sandworm? I'm only going to have my two beastmasters, so gotta pack a punch.

Those bug pages do a physical attack that's pretty good, anything better?

Enkibot suggested one of those Chimeras from the desert north of the Ancient Library. I was not disappointed. Two of those will most likely kill it.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

On another note I'm concerned that I won't make it in time to qualify for the Dr. Tot stuff. Maybe the limit on people will be upped?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I think I'll just donate the $20 myself when I reach the end in honor of Dr. Tot. As a novice I should have known better, but it really was a busy time of year to start.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Made it to Rugor or whatever it's called, after struggling past the cannon a bit more. Got Samurai for my Earth job, which I think is a solid addition to my Monk/Zerk/Beast team. Not sure what to do in terms of synergizing. The worst part of this team though is that the Berzerker will often hit enemies that I'm trying to control, knocking them out of my control. I was trying to grind on Prototypes and I had the Zerk blinded but it still hit probably 80% of the time in a weird stroke of bad luck.

Not sure what challenges I'll be facing in the future. Hopefully not too many if I work on getting Iainuki sooner rather than later. Levels are around mid 20s as I head for the Moogles.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

The allure of Objets D'art is really hard to ignore. When will I be satisfied?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Got my four Reflect Rings because I'm assuming the Monk/Zerk/Beast/Samurai party doesn't have any tricks to use against Exdeath. Heading for Moore now, the boss should theoretically be really easy with Zeninage.

Boy getting those rings was a pain. Especially the brief time I was level 28 and got got by Level 4 Graviga. Almost ran out of supplies.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I slogged my way through Exdeath and reached world 3. I'm not sure about who should get the Chicken Knife. I can control how the Samurai uses it, but then I wouldn't be able to use the Masamune. I could give it to my Berserker but then there's no way to avoid the flee proc. And then I could frontline my Beastmaster, but why? Just not sure how to optimize going forward.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Got my first tablet, grabbed Fire Lash, Masamune, and Assassin's Dagger. I feel like I can't take advantage of the Rune Axe and there's pretty much nothing else there for me. I climbed Phoenix Tower for money for the Hermes Sandals (I hate everything) and now I'm just trying to decide what other preparations I really need to make. I have one (1) Iainuki. I have several Zeninages. Couple of Calms, some HP+30%s... those are pretty much the big things right? If I do another run I think I want to do 750 since I got literally no magic this time just by pure chance. Excepting Fire Lash's occasional Firagas.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Samuel Clemens posted:

It's worth heading into the Island Shrine to quickly grab the Beast Killer. This is also one of the few teams that could make excellent use of the Kaiser Knuckles, but getting there would be kind of a pain.

Good news! Kaiser Knuckles dropped from a treasure chest mob in the Great Pyramid at some point. I don't know how lucky that is, but I'm definitely using it while I still have only three pairs of Hermes Sandals.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Kyrosiris posted:

Rukhs are worth 5k a kill and are pretty easy

Not me who asked the question but it's quite a fruitful spot. I think it's worth a mention in Enkibot's script.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Rirse posted:

What the max stat on the chicken knife so I know to stop running from fights?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Using Zeninage on all my party members to rush down Movers for way more money than I spent is hilarious.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

dis astranagant posted:

What are you? level 80?

Does it seem that ridiculous? I just did it twice, and nobody in my party is above level 40. Hermes Sandals help. The Berserker chips in every so often as well.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Kyrosiris posted:

Yes it does, because Movers have 10k HP, and if you're under level 40 like you claim Zeninage should be doing sub-1500 damage, which is not going to get you kills before they delta attack and heal themselves.

I've never seen them do that. It's a bit odd, then. I attack them for a while until one of them pokes me and they reform into a new position, after which I am able to beat them. I've never seen them heal themselves, ever. Weird...

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Can I potentially triple crown with my Monk/Zerk/Beast/Samurai party? The strategies for the bonus bosses seem like they'd be:

-!Calm Omega with two characters while fishing for critical hits on a third, Zerk uses an Axe to plink away as well

-Find monsters I can !release to blind and berserk Shinryu somehow

Are these feasible? I don't know what kinds of monsters do what, been pretty bad in that regard.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

This is the harder one, right?

Must have taken me like 15-20 effective tries considering how much I screwed up the Calm timing. I didn't know where to find an Axe better than the Death Sickle, which was just reflecting Deaths off of his body, so the Berserker sat this one out.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Hammers and Axes have the same defense-piercing properties?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

How am I supposed to catch a Galajelly? They have 75 HP and I cannot do anything that gets them down to a catchable level of HP. At one point it looked like I might have succeeded with a Jitterbug that did 60-ish damage but then even with the Kornago Gourd, I wasn't able to catch it. I don't understand why. I don't mind leaving the Void if there's an easier option for a monster that can blind.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Kyrosiris posted:

Unequip your weapon and punch them, or use something like Lenna's Knife.

I do 0 damage if I hit it unarmed. Welp, I'm outta here.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Shinryu fell fairly easily once I got the Reflected release to work. Exdeath ate a lot of my "hard-earned" money before falling, and I did take two Algamests and one Grand Cross that brought Krile to 1 HP, Olded Bartz, and Doomed Faris (Lenna was dead at the time). Krile was the one to land the finishing blow though.

Fiesta is really fun! I enjoyed it, and I would love to start anew but alas, we're leaving for vacation in a week and I won't be able to play overseas, so I'll have to hope I have the time when we get back in mid-August. I feel like the party I got was ultimately pretty well-balanced even if it was all physical dudes. Could pull off some fun tricks, but the synergy was very poor with the Berserker messing with the Catch and Control potential. Still, I made it work, obviously. Gonna drop an ol' :10bux: in Dr. Tot's name to make up for my relative slowness.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Rirse posted:

Has anyone in the Fiesta ever do the bonus dungeon at all?

Do you know how many Omegas there are there walking around like they're trash mobs?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

If you gave Pure Chaos a 750 or no 750 modifier, which one would Mime (maybe Freelancer too) be considered under? If at all?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Timmy Horsey posted:

On run #2 and everything is horrible.

Byblos is ruining me :negative:

If you saved the Whip from Magissa, it can Paralyze Byblos. It's pathetically easy from there. Otherwise, try the instadeath strategy posted above.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Gus Hobbleton posted:

As someone who's still stumbling through his first playthrough of the game and doesn't have a time mage, can you explain the omega time mage joke for me?

A spell called Quick will freeze the in-game timer to give the one afflicted with it two turns. Use the first turn to give an HP-sapping status to the enemy, and then do absolutely nothing for the second turn: the HP will tick away despite the frozen time and he'll die after a very long waiting period.

• Locked thread