Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

after a few years of this, I'm thoroughly convinced that Berserkers are a much better job to receive than Red Mage at any and all points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Kyrosiris posted:

At least Red Mages can snap rods, heal (and use the Cure Staff), and apply buffs.

I've got 99 problems and I'll break each one

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

Man am I ever fuckin' smart. I guess Rods are pretty busted in this game, then, if they have their own categorizing

I should go read an LP or something before the thing starts so I have half a clue going in

if berserkers are about having to get obscene amounts of EXP, red mages are about obscene amounts of gil to afford all of those rods

I think it took about 40 or 50 rods to down Atomos and that's a middle-of-the-game boss; you're not allowed to break rods at all against big bad Omniscient

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

if I get bored enough, I'll go over a few of the walls that exist for certain team compositions, such as Byblos for low-ATK teams

just know that if you roll three berserkers for your first three jobs, then congratulations! you get to suffer the hell that is Sandworm! :suicide:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Kyrosiris posted:

Random can't have duplicates. Duplicates are part of the fun of Chaos.

REGGEO and REGRED

you can make it happen. EVEN MORE SECRETS. v:gonk:v

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Bartz is the singular best character in Final Fantasy Record Keeper.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

get the Chaos IPS and try out neat things like getting annihilated by Garula because it counterattacks for every hit you do to it

as a Ninja, you can get hit up to three times including a Rush, so that's three attacks to your two if you grind Daggers in the Ship Graveyard :stonklol:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I killed NED with two berserkers and a red mage so yes

always risk it; go big or go home :twisted:

(Omniscient was hell; reflect ring/Mage Masher shenanigans :negative:)

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

FFV's the shortest of Final Fantasies for sure, but what burns shortest burns brightest! :v:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

oh god what is Faris wearing :stonk:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Been trying to think of a way to improve UPGRADE by trying to tie it to tablet breaking. Something along the lines of, "Wow! Breaking that tablet made your crystals extra shiny! Whenever you break a tablet from its respective dungeon, you can use that job again!"

Turns the run into something that's not locked to the Earth-chosen job forever yet forces you to get creative with four of a class all the way through World 2.

(also a reason to go beat up Leviathan which is always welcome)

edit: that'd mean you start getting jobs back once you chump Wendigo. The stooges are practically a freebie, so it's up to you whether you want to hold two Earth jobs or get your Water job back!

Victory Position fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jun 1, 2016

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Dr Pepper posted:

Speaking of Brave Blade...

:siren: I will donate 5 dollars, up to 25, for each person who gets Knight and beats the game with a fully powered Brave Blade.:siren:

Post a screenshot of the Brave Blade equipped in the thread when you beat Exdeath.

if I ever end up with a Knight, ever, I'll stand my ground and fight every single encounter

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I rolled a Knight with CarbyBot, so I'm running the BRAVEST TUTOR.

Doctor Tot runs from no one. Coincidentally, everyone forgot Dr. Tot because he murdered them all. :black101:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

KataraniSword posted:

Enjoy Meatfort, where your three strongest swords either heal Blue Dragons, heal Red Dragons, or heal Red Dragons and murder you messily. (Blizzard, Flametongue, Blood Sword, respectively). Oh, and sometimes you get the Blue/Red combo formation, or the three Blue Dragons stacked on top of each other. (gently caress that fight especially.)

Seriously, a Knight can punch through almost anything in the game, but Meatfort is that lull where normal swords suck (Great Sword is falling behind rapidly in usefulness, no Enhancers/Rune Blades yet) but Knight Swords suck too (seriously the only good knight swords in the game are Excalibur, Ragnarok, and Brave Blade. Blood Sword is way too inaccurate to be effective.)

I had a horrific death where I accidentally fell into the lava, only to be back attacked by those three blue dragons stacked on each other. That's one hell of an omen <:gonk:>

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

That's one fine looking sword there, Dr. Tot! :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Spikey posted:

I think a good way to mix up The Run for next year would be to hold a draft. The runners would take turns picking jobs and because everyone would end up with different parties we'll see more variety in strategies (and DD can find new and innovative ways to gently caress up.)
Because only 16 out of the 20 possible job would be used there could be a vote on four jobs to ban instead of what four jobs to use (This is mostly to make sure somebody gets stuck with the berzerker. )

You can hold a draft, everyone can pick their own parties, and DD would still be grinding MiniDragons on World 1 :negative:

• Locked thread