Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Mega64 posted:

Sweet. A friend was speaking about streaming a co-op run so I may do that in addition to my usual solo run.

Co-op runs are super fun and I recommend them to everyone who can tolerate playing the game without a fastforward button

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
what did Chaos end up doing, just assign jobs indiscriminate of if you have crystal access?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
That'd be a cute homage and sounds quite possible for reasons you outlined, but also incredibly unfun to play so I hope it isn't that.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Are there any good ffv rom hacks? I know there was that one with the "Hero" job where Galuf turned into Wolverine but I don't really know any others. Ideally something for the snes version but I'm not picky.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I was under the impression any SNES-era roms were fine to link, did that change a while ago or something

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
its sorta hard to watch all four runs as someone who doesnt really know FFV that well, if i had to pick one to watch (and not hate-watch which seems to be what most people are doing), which would it be

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
This is my fourth fiesta run, and my fourth time getting black mage. well at least it'll go fast

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ciaphas posted:

Oh, hey, the fiesta's started. Appears my first job with normal registration is Monk.

I have no idea what I'm doing in this video game :(

punching things, evidently

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Finally got around to digging into my run, Black Mage/Summoner so far, so basically easy street. Is there a simple guide out there that lists what bosses are weak to certain statuses? It's sort of a pain to pull up the bestiary page for each one individually.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Neat, thanks so much

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Is the Summoner's Remora really inaccurate? I seem to have a lot of trouble getting it to land (against enemies susceptible to paralysis).

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
So far I'm at Black/Summoner/Ninja. Never used a Ninja before, is there anything I should know beyond "give them !Black or !Summon to make !Throw better"?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Neat, thanks.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Edward_Tohr posted:

If you dual-wield rods, you can get the element boost on the one your're breaking.

Not that Black Mages and Summoners really need to break rods in the first place, let alone rod-boost broken rods, but it's an option if you're feeling creative.

I was actually wondering if dual-wielding rods gave a double boost, but that's funny to know.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Edward_Tohr posted:

Ahh, the joys of quickslowleaking Omega.

i love Omega's squinty eye, he's just like "oh you son of a bitch"

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
What are the viable ways to kill Skulleaters at reasonable levels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Finally went back to my run and got my final team, Black Mage/Summoner/Ninja/Samurai. I asked in here for tricks when I got my Ninja (I knew most stuff like "give Throw to a mage/give !summon to the ninja" but I wanted to check), but I basically know nothing about Samurai. Is there anything other than Masamune-fueled !Smoke that is particularly silly to do with Samurai and those classes?

• Locked thread