Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

One of these years I'll go read the rules and actually do this.

Maybe it'll be this year???

Hard to when you've never played FFV though v:shobon:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Does anywhere say what the flying hell 750/no-750/chaos/natural/double dog dare/gently caress faris modes actually are, I have never figured out how to find anything on reddit

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Guess I shoulda gone there instead of trying to trawl reddit :v: Thanks. Does "750" relating to rods refer to something in particular? That the gil price for rods or something?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Man am I ever fuckin' smart. I guess Rods are pretty busted in this game, then, if they have their own categorizing

I should go read an LP or something before the thing starts so I have half a clue going in

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Play it blind like I did! Super fun, and maybe you'll even be surprised by a certain Battle.

No chance of that one, Big Bridge fuckin rules and Gilgamesh is a bro in FFXIV :v:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I haven't really tracked one of these as they happen. Do most of the charity donations come from stream watchers and the like, or does RK donate for everyone who completes a Fiesta, or what?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

DACK FAYDEN posted:

"a goat"

...someone post the screenshot of that Gilgamesh line where someone else actually did this :allears:

I will do this because it made me laugh out loud but should it be capitalized as you say it or A Goat or A goat or

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 00:36 on May 21, 2016

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Not having played the game at all yet, what's so rubbish about natural? I was led to believe that each character was a blank slate so it didn't matter which job each one got?

(e: oh, it's the staying Freelancer-until-they-get-their-job part, isn't it. gently caress that for a bag o fish)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Oh, I thought even in normal runs characters weren't allowed to use abilities from jobs other than whatever they currently were.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Methinks since I've never actually played FFV I'm just gonna register normally because I'm a giant sissy and berserker risk sounds scary :ohdear:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

So if I'm reading this right one hundred and twenty six extra Berserkers are gonna be handed out just from this page, right

yeaaaaahhhh skipping that hashtag for my first play :v:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Yeah, that was me. Having not really played the game I assumed that one couldn't use abilities or whatever outside of their current job, either as part of the game or as a normal FJF restriction. Evidently I was wrong on both counts!

I should probably just play the game once through in the next week and a half or something, but at the moment at least, Witcher 3 is trying to take hold again, and anyway I don't want to accidentally bore myself of FFV before the Fiesta even starts.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I'm not good at twitter, do I need to follow @FF5ForFutures before I register or after or what? I don't understand how direct messages or @ tweets or whatever work

I was following Gilgabot briefly before but then it got weird and memey

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Well I show up now on the list on the website so I guess I did it right. Modern social media is my old man get off my lawn thing already, I swear, and I'm only 31. :arghfist::saddowns:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Oh, hey, the fiesta's started. Appears my first job with normal registration is Monk.

I have no idea what I'm doing in this video game :(

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

ComposerGuy posted:

Well, on the plus side, Monk is probably the most straight-forward class you could have gotten!

I'm sensing there's a deep and painful minus side implied to me getting Monk, here :v:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

welp :suicide:

All I've done for this game is read one LP, so I don't really remember most of the useful things that you all (and probably Enkibot) take for granted. I don't suppose there's a handy cliff notes sort of thing for that, is there?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i've already forgotten where to go after the wind shrine :downs:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Just finished teh Water Crystal, I'm at Monk/Summoner so far. So just to make sure I understand the rules, I can have two monks and two summoners or one and three of each in any combination across all characters, right? So if I wanted to brute force I could teach everyone everything from all four of their chosen jobs?

(On a normal #reg run, mind)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Up to Monk/Summoner/Ranger so far. I guess I'm doing okay since I haven't game over'd yet.

Do the 4 heroes have stats of their own or are they tabula rasas? (e.g. are Lenna and spoilers Faris better at magicky poo poo 'cause they're girls :biotruths:)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I killed Ramuh in the Istory forest, but I don't see him in my Summon list. What have I missed? oh, an item i have to use. weird.

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jun 12, 2016

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Looks like my team for my first ever FF5 playthrough is Monk/Summoner/Ranger/Samurai. I guess at least with !Animals I seem to have some semireliable healing...? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Dr. Dos posted:

Starting a chaos run with Dragoon was worth it just for having !Jump on my entire party.

Edit: And those Jumps were the killing blow

I beat this with two Rangers spamming !Animal and praying for Nightingale, Summoner spamming Ramuh and my Monk flailing ineffectually

Took like six firings of that beam :negative:

• Locked thread