Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
That is some required listening in the OP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

Man am I ever fuckin' smart. I guess Rods are pretty busted in this game, then, if they have their own categorizing

I should go read an LP or something before the thing starts so I have half a clue going in

Play it blind like I did! Super fun, and maybe you'll even be surprised by a certain Battle.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Prism posted:

Butz.

Why would you call him anything else?

We have Y-burns, and we have Butz.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Would Chaos 750 be good for a relative novice to FFV? I'm good with Final Fantasy (obviously) but not the most familiar with V.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

Methinks since I've never actually played FFV I'm just gonna register normally because I'm a giant sissy and berserker risk sounds scary :ohdear:

Definitely do that.

Berserk is a big detriment in these games, it's rarely a good thing to have. (But when it's good, it's goooooood.)

Also drat after that donation EVERYBODY'S GETTING A BERSERKER

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Bad Seafood posted:

Seriously man, just look at that thing.

... Nigel?!

I'm in, and I'll even match your donation for my Tot, it's a cute idea. Better get around to tweeting Gilgabot!

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

zolthorg posted:

hey these two arent uh... mutually exclusive

Start playing and put him out a grand!

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

zolthorg posted:

dragon darch planning groundbreaking hpleak omega strat

If he can make it past the Wind Shrine. :laugh:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Jester Mcgee posted:

And he had to start from the beginning. This is amazing.

"I had Goblin Punch, too!"

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

NuminaXLT posted:

I may not be the best at this, but if they're all blue mages what's the point of killing the others off? Can you not teach monster skills to each other?

I don't think so.

I assume he's maxing out the XP/AP for the eventual BLU main.

edit: listen to Mega64

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Huzzah! posted:

The first runner has made it to the bridge and you know what that means. The best song in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjEI2SzEYh4

DD really is hours behind, huh

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Edward_Tohr posted:

Christ, DD is good at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, isn't he?

It nearly happened! Wish I had popcorn.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Detheros posted:

Edit: ONE SEC, EMAIL EDITING

:toxx: Fuffilled.

I saw that! Went from $10,500 to $10,600. You're awesome.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Twelve by Pies posted:

You have to patch the file onto the ROM, google UPS patcher and you should find some stuff, I used one called NUPS. Make sure your ROM is the US version of FFVA though, I accidentally downloaded the European version and it wouldn't patch to that at first.

And this is different for the sound patch, since it's IPS...

Still, absolutely worth it. Delayed my run for a moment, though!

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

zolthorg posted:

why are people tweeting to unlock all their jobs at once :smithicide:

Instant gratification! Not my bag personally, I'll tweet when I'm ready, since...

MonsieurChoc posted:

Asked Gilgabot for all my jobs, and for some reason he won't give me my Earth job. Got Dancer/Bard/Geomancer so far.

Might have hitten a tweet cap. You should be able to get it from the Players page of fourjobfiesta.com.

We ride!

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

Oh, hey, the fiesta's started. Appears my first job with normal registration is Monk.

I have no idea what I'm doing in this video game :(

This will help, though maybe only use it when you're stuck. http://enkibot.herokuapp.com/ FFV is still a Final Fantasy game, most all of the same rules apply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Drunk Nerds posted:

Thank you!
I remember 25 years ago I would have my FFIV guys fight to the death, and somehow I figured out how to have Rosa win while still having everyone come full force, but I can't for the life of me remember how.

Cure

• Locked thread