Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

i love challenge runs. i dono why they arent more popular

Challenge runs generally require a game to allow them which isn't always the case for the way a lot of games are made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah like, zelda and metroid games are perfect for challenge runs since there are a ton of optional powerups and areas

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i was thinking of something like an sl1 run, or using no nanopaste in metal gear rising on a high difficulty. it basically forces you to figure out the boss moves since they hit really hard on very hard or revengeance and you don't have much room for error

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

Thanks for 3 paragraphs about being good at singleplayer mode in fighting games, especially killer instinct gold for n64

lol

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
i once came within 2 minutes of the record for ninja gaiden :smugmrgw:

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Fallout 4 is 40 dollars right now but that's at least 20 more dollars than I'm willing to spend on it

If you buy Fallout 4 at any price you are enabling Bethesda and should be executed like a dog.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Ragg posted:

If you buy Fallout 4 at any price you are enabling Bethesda and should be executed like a dog.
who the gently caress executes dogs? wtf dude...???

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Bill Barber posted:

who the gently caress executes dogs? wtf dude...???

Every right thinking person with a gun.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

lesbian baphomet posted:

just found out that pikmin 3 is $20 now and got a re-issue so that more copies exist, and i'm going to buy it. since we're talking about how much games cost

if you wanna buy it digitally use your My Nintendo rewards and you can get it for like $13 !!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ol yeller posted:

i once came within 2 minutes of the record for ninja gaiden :smugmrgw:

His name?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

2 Minutes of the Record for Ninja Gaiden.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

rediscover posted:

lmfao

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Ragg posted:

: Mess with the best, you will die like the rest

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

Booya.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i also beat iji on a pacifist run on ultramortal, but that is not that impressive i guess. i probably have to time my runs if i want to say i am good atthe game but i do not like doing that

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

SM64Guy posted:

i was thinking of something like an sl1 run, or using no nanopaste in metal gear rising on a high difficulty. it basically forces you to figure out the boss moves since they hit really hard on very hard or revengeance and you don't have much room for error

i liek combat in bayo 1 + 2 dmc 3 and the weird puzzles of wonderful 101 tbh , eVen tho mgr is also very good and has the best song

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

rediscover posted:

gently caress!!!!!

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

im best at Papers, please. i wish i was joking

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Bolverkur posted:

im best at Papers, please. i wish i was joking

dude, this, but Undertale. cried harder than any bitch alive, got the full feels, the whole shebang

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

dude, this, but Undertale. cried harder than any bitch alive, got the full feels, the whole shebang

Lol

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Master of feels.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
The Crying Game

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
(Goku powering up but instead of yelling I'm crying)

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

(Goku powering up but instead of yelling I'm crying)

Lol

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Well the word got around they said this kid is insane, man
Banged in the mouth and now he's got AIDS, man
Jet Set Radio and Jet Set Radio Future. got JSRF down so hard I could beat all of my friends at the race mode before they could finish asking how to play

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
JFK Reloaded. man, back in my unemployed days I'd have that whole motorcade in a red mist before Jackie O's model fully spawned in, haha. mostly stick to challenge runs and trickshot stuff now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

JFK Reloaded. man, back in my unemployed days I'd have that whole motorcade in a red mist before Jackie O's model fully spawned in, haha. mostly stick to challenge runs and trickshot stuff now

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Dylan and Eric doom wad of the Columbine floor plan

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

The Dylan and Eric doom wad of the Columbine floor plan

anyone that hasnt played a deathmatch on this is not a true gamer

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

you could say im the best at every game. i dont care about winning or losing or even beating a level, and i still have more fun playing video games than any of you. ive never lost my cool against an online opponent or smashed a controller in a fit of rage. every moment of gaming is pure bliss, and there i have you all beat.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I wanted to get really good at Vanquish.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lmao I played a lot of that. I just tried to get the cars to crash in funny ways. I don't think I ever attempted to get a high score.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
Its impossible to get a perfect score because you can't play as the CIA assassin hiding in the grassy knoll.

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
Return to castle wolfenstein multiplayer!

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Pookum posted:

Its impossible to get a perfect score because you can't play as the CIA assassin hiding in the grassy knoll.

You can with the trainer actually.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

reported for hacking you piece of poo poo

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

mycophobia posted:

TGM 1 and 2

I'm at the top of the leaderboard for Big mode in TGM2

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Caithness posted:

I'm at the top of the leaderboard for Big mode in TGM2

Nice. I'm like...25 on master mode I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
You're 24, while I'm all the way at 42

• Locked thread