Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?

Grimey Drawer

Hello and welcome to the first Runescape Mafia! This is the first in a series of Mafia games that will be run revolving around the popular number treadmill MMORPG Runescape. This is a 13 player setup, with a day mechanic related to questing and leveling your very own character!

QUESTING
During the day phase, players will be given three quests to choose from. These quests will range in difficulty from 1-10. They will have a MAJOR skill group and a MINOR skill group assigned. The major will provide the most chance to succeed, with the minor and all support skills adding small bonuses. In addition, All quests have a KEY SKILL that determines the likelihood of obtaining a reward from the quest. Quests provide 50 Skill points to distribute among all stats.

Example
Reap & Sow -- This quest has a 5 star difficulty rating. MAJOR: Gathering MINOR: Combat, KEY SKILL: Fishing

SKILLS

In Runescape, everything you do is assigned to a skill. These skills directly contribute to your ability to do certain things as well as your ability to complete quests. Just like in Runescape, the quests in this game will require certain stats to beat. Skills are broken down into 4 categories:

Gathering
  • Farming
  • Fishing
  • Hunter
  • Mining
  • Woodcutting

Artisan
  • Construction
  • Cooking
  • Crafting
  • Firemaking
  • Fletching
  • Herblore
  • Runecrafting
  • Smithing

Combat
  • Attack
  • Strength
  • Defense
  • Magic
  • Ranged
  • Prayer
  • Hitpoints

Support
  • Agility
  • Thieving
  • Slayer

All players begin the game with 300 stat points to distribute however they like among the individual skills. All skills start at 1 Skills max out 99 points. When you sign up, PM me your stat distribution

Other than that, standard mafia rules apply. Days are 48-72, nights are 24.

1. Absurd Revolver
  2. Anomalous Amalgam
  3. Azuth0667
  4. GulagDolls
  5. imgay
  6. JakeP
  7. jon joe
  8. Mayor Glowku
  9. MG3
  10. Pinterest Mom
  11. Rarity
  12. Shadow0
  13. vector_to

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 22:24 on May 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

PM me your stat distribution!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

all skills start at 1

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

suicide4sexbots posted:

I've never been in a mafia game (though I've read several), and I've never played Runescape. If this isn't a good game for a newb, then I'll

If "friendly to novices" was a 1-10 scale with 1 being the most friendly I'd probably make this one a 5-6. If you want to dive in rather than just get your feet wet, I say go for it

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Absurd Revolver posted:

If we get slots filled, what's the chance we can start tonight?
💯

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

it is kinda!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'm going to share a character with pmom if that's ok

it is not

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I look forward to 13 marijuana farmers

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

PS there is now an observer doc for this game PM me for access

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

We are now full! Waiting on a couple skill sheets to start!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MG3 give me your email I'm gonna buy you plat

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I am actually just extremely lazy and do not want to be inconvenienced

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I tried to buy it but it said email doesn't match RIP

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

You'll get it sooner if you die

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MG3 posted:

Lol I had to use a different email. I'll purchase it when I get home from work tomorrow. I was meaning to get an avatar and plat anyways plus lowtax is dying of starvation so I want to help him out

OK email me your stat spread mattTWare@gmail.com

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Absurd Revolver posted:

if you're a nerd maybe

He says in the Runescape Mafia thread

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

All stats have been submitted. I am leaving work early today so I cannot open right this second but it will open tonight!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The city of Lumbridge, a peaceful town full of the new denizens of Runescape. This town is relatively calm compared to the rest of the world, and is filled with a few minor quests with low difficulty as well as some wonderful skill tutors. A beautiful town and hub for tons of business.

Until today.. Something no one expected, and a wave of murders began to wash over the normally peaceful town. Suddenly, everyone was on edge and had to defend themselves. The rumors of a dreaded band known as "player killers" were sweeping through Lumbridge and ransacking homes and corpses for loot. Our heroes band together at the behest of the Duke of Lumbridge to try and rout the dastardly player killers among them.

Little do the heroes know that hidden within their group is a cell of the player killers, ready to strike.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Quests will be posted in the morning. It is late and I had to work extremely early today

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TODAY'S QUESTS

Blaze It: There is a funeral today for those of Lumbridge who have been lost to notorious Player Killer bandits. The Duke of Lumbridge has requested that you start a giant funeral pyre to burn all the remains of the victims. MAJOR: Artisan, MINOR: Gathering. KEY COMPONENT: Firemaking. DIFFICULTY: 2

Fight me IRL:There is a secret fighting club in Lumbridge. You wish to seek it out and be trained. MAJOR: Combat, MINOR: Artisan. KEY COMPONENT: Hitpoints DIFFICULTY: 1

Farming Sim '07:A local merchant has offered a major discount on his products if you are able to provide him with a good amount of herbs.MAJOR:Gathering, MINOR: Combat. KEY COMPONENTS: Farming. DIFFICULTY: 3

Remember, higher quest difficulty brings a higher risk of failure but greater rewards!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I've had some questions about quests so just a heads up how things work. PM me the quest you would like to go on. The success rate of the quest is determined by a formula I have created that takes into a account the major, minor, and support skill groups. The key component of the quest is a skill from the major group that determines the chances of receiving an ability as a reward. Successfully completing quests awards skill points to distribute each night.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

I should be getting a new laptop either today or tomorrow but I can't really contribute until then. Kash, if you want to modkill/replace me then go for it, I'll understand.

Nah

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sorry fam. The first day of this trip was stupid and extremely stressful so I got drunk and fell asleep. I will post everything this morning

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

bitch u played overwatch all day

I wish I can't play overwatch until I'm back home.

Flip coming now.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The Duke of Lumbridge trusted the heroes to choose a proper target, and followed them blindly. Unfortunately, the heroes weren't exactly sure what they were doing and lynched Azuth0667, Vanilla Town.

It is now N1, please send all skill distributions and power uses to me within 24 hours. Sorry for the delay

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

It was a somber night in Lumbridge. The morning was not much better, as the town woke up to find Jon Joe, Vanilla Town murdered last night.

It is now D2, quests will be posted shortly.

One time only, if you didn't submit skill point upgrades for your quest completion, you may submit them with your choice of quest today. In the future, get them in during the night.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

THESE QUESTS ARE TRASH

Blame the random number generator fam

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Shadow0 posted:

Kashuno, can you explain how the components thing works? I'm confused.

key component is the skill that determines the chance of you receiving a reward in addition to the quest XP

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hi all, I see the hammer but I won't be free until I get back home around 9PM EST! I'll post asap

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

My flight is delayed and I will not be home until after midnight.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

gonna sacrifice flavor for this one so I can get it out already

Rarity, scum aligned goon, was lynched d2.
Vector_To, town aligned vanilla, was modkilled d2.

distributing quest results now. Since it's a holday weekend in the US day will start when all actions in OR monday night if that works for everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I'm calling it. MG is probated for most of the next game day, multiple people don't submit day or night actions, I've already had to modkill someone for not playing.

gg all.

• Locked thread