Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

New Leaf posted:

I thought in the tutorial they specifically told you you could go over that cap.. I did the same thing, but luckily since I'm at work I had done a couple EXP runs in the void portal thing to work up a new character and was 3/20.

Everything other game like this I've played that's been the case.

A shame too. I would have saved it for the Cactuar event this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
The daily quest rewards let you go over, though. I've had 29/25 and the like.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Echophonic posted:

The daily quest rewards let you go over, though. I've had 29/25 and the like.

They just didn't code the bonus to be the same, RIP 15 energy but whatever

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

New Leaf posted:

Opinions on Rydia vs Vivi as a primary caster? Both are 3-star. Right now I'm running the main 2 dudes, Anzelm (my only 4-star), Vivi, and Terra (both at 3-star). Rydia just looks interesting.. Bio, the Esper bonus..

Vivi gets doublecast. So, Vivi.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Eddain posted:

It's not that bad, unit EXP is pretty poo poo now cause we're still stuck on the first island. Plus they'll have special events where metal cactaur are included in friend summons for a few days.

This bears repeating.

:siren: Don't burn friend points summoning a bunch of near-worthless trash units, stockpile the points for the friend summon events that add xp fodder to the friend summon pool. :siren:

Also people might as well save today's bonus stamina for when the cactuar dungeon opens later this evening, or whenever midnight sweden time is for you.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Update: I logged back in and am at 55/25 Energy. Guess it took a while to update!

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Do we know when this is coming out in the US?

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
so this ends at Ordol now right? nothing left to do but grind my party and pray for a good Gatcha?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Million Ghosts posted:

so this ends at Ordol now right? nothing left to do but grind my party and pray for a good Gatcha?

Yep. No idea when the release is.

So another problem. I maxed out my Materials at 50. It says do you want to buy more slots. I choose yes and noticed it took 100 Lapis and boosted my freaking Item inventory, not my materials inventory.

Kinda lame. I had to go and sell a bunch of Mats.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Is there currently a tier list for units? I found the list of max stars, but I get the feeling that that doesn't necessarily tell the whole story.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

New Leaf posted:

Is there currently a tier list for units? I found the list of max stars, but I get the feeling that that doesn't necessarily tell the whole story.

I'd say follow the list in the OS for starter pulls. That being said there are good units outside of that, just not to start with. Search r/ffbraveexvius for tier list. There's a tier list there for jp units

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Code is 643 995 299, just started.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
What do I have to do n Lodis? I can't find Fina, and the 'next' sign in the world map stays even if I sail to the next city

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Decided to do a couple tries for Leo.

4* Maria
5* Xiao :stare:
3* Penelo

I think I'm going to stop pulling for now, Xiao seems like a decent enough physical unit and she gets power/armor break as well.

Still running Exdeath as lead because even as a 4* unit he's better than Xiao.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I did a few, too. Didn't get much exciting besides a 4* Sabin.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Just got this, 259,935,076 is my friend code.

Also if I got 2x 3* Kains, should I hold on to the second one or burn it on the one I have been levelling?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Fat Samurai posted:

What do I have to do n Lodis? I can't find Fina, and the 'next' sign in the world map stays even if I sail to the next city

Did you get Ifrit? If so you're at the end of the "BETA". Won't get more until release. Do dailies, grind XP, profit.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Deki posted:

Just got this, 259,935,076 is my friend code.

Also if I got 2x 3* Kains, should I hold on to the second one or burn it on the one I have been levelling?

Hold on to both. If you want the extra trust then you put both in your party when you're trust farming since that'll cut the overall grind in half, roughly, since you can combine them when they're both around 47-48% Trust.

m.hache posted:

Did you get Ifrit? If so you're at the end of the "BETA". Won't get more until release. Do dailies, grind XP, profit.

If there's any farmable units that get paralyze people might consider getting 4 of them together along with someone who can reliably poison. Since the first trial boss is vulnerable to both and so if you can keep it paralyzed and poisoned you can kill it for its reward rather than leveling some 4-5 star team to try and beat it down the normal way once we get that fight.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

If you combine the same unit at 3* to get 100% trust, will it reset when you evolve to 4*?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
You keep everything but level when you Awaken a character. Also, lower rarity cards still give the full amount of Trust to a higher rarity card.

This also means progress to leveling up your limit break. It increases quite a bit when you Awaken a card, so if you care, it's better to farm it up at 3*, since you keep the limit level.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

What is awakening in this game? Is it more or less evolving?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, prettymuch. You take a max level card and some items and take them to the next rarity. They start over at level one and get access to new abilities as they level.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
So, if we go and use the Sweden soft launch, will we get access to the pre-register bonus if we did pre-registered? Or is that largely an unknown?

I'm pretty curious to give it a shot but not sure if it's worth the hassle to try to get a Sweden game going on my Canadian Bluestacks.

Cosmic Afro fucked around with this message at 19:45 on May 26, 2016

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Cosmic Afro posted:

So, if we go and use the Sweden soft launch, will we get access to the pre-register bonus if we did pre-registered? Or is that largely an unknown?

I'm pretty curious to give it a shot but not sure if it's worth the hassle to try to get a Sweden game going on my Canadian Bluestacks.

Yeah the are just gonna give the pre-reg bonus to everyone.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Cosmic Afro posted:

Is it worth the hassle to get anything working on Bluestacks? It and the other two android emulators have barely worked at all for me in the past.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

deadly_pudding posted:

Do we know when this is coming out in the US?

It's already out, I think.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

Verranicus posted:

Is it worth the hassle to get anything working on Bluestacks? It and the other two android emulators have barely worked at all for me in the past.

It seems to be working so far, and it also asked me to create a Gamer Profile for Google, but it also crashed in my face once so far.

As far the hassle, I just downloaded the latest APK on the OP post, clicked on it, and Bluestacks handled everything.

EDIT: Make that three time, almost every time I end a map. It also takes a while to load up -- if it loads up, at all.

Cosmic Afro fucked around with this message at 20:25 on May 26, 2016

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Funso Banjo posted:

It's already out, I think.

It has a soft launch in Sweden with a very soon launch for global. It's gonna be shown at E3 in June so expect the launch date revealed there.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Eddain posted:

It has a soft launch in Sweden with a very soon launch for global. It's gonna be shown at E3 in June so expect the launch date revealed there.

lol holy poo poo. Alright, I'll put my excitement on the back-burner until E3 then. See y'all in 2 weeks, probably.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Echophonic posted:

You keep everything but level when you Awaken a character. Also, lower rarity cards still give the full amount of Trust to a higher rarity card.

This also means progress to leveling up your limit break. It increases quite a bit when you Awaken a card, so if you care, it's better to farm it up at 3*, since you keep the limit level.

It's worth noting that limit break level farming takes a goddamn eternity too and the gains are pretty small. I'm bout 10% of the way to a limit break level on Exdeath but I'm still going to 5* him as soon as possible because that's a much bigger jump in power than the couple % more damage and status effect chance he'll get with a lvl 2 Almagest.

Plus Limit breaks go up to level 20 or 25 at 5 and 6 star so it's not like Brave Frontier where you can just toss a few burst frogs at a unit and call it a day either.

Verranicus posted:

Genymotion was my emulator of choice since I could bump up the virtual machine specs to make apps run buttery smooth but I haven't tried running this on it yet and if you have Win10 I don't think Genymotion works at all for you.

Eddain posted:

Shame the early bird special will be long gone. It looks like the cheapest itunes card for Sweden is 150kr and it's not worth the hassle unfortunately.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Used Nox because someone mentioned it in this thread. Tried to buy a $1 game on the app store and now my account is disabled due to suspicious activity :(

Luckily it's a secondary account but still it sucks, since I need to be able to log into google play games to play this and now it won't let me.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

m.hache posted:

I'm stuck at the same place as Fat Samurai. I took the boat to the next town but can't access Ifrit and the quest arrow is still on the port town.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

New Leaf posted:

I'm stuck at the same place as Fat Samurai. I took the boat to the next town but can't access Ifrit and the quest arrow is still on the port town.

Talk to the little kid in town. I think he unlocks the volcano.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

New Leaf posted:

http://kongbakpao.com/guide-ffbe-how-to-get-ifrit/

e: I like how Gumi managed to make evo mat farming in this even worse (and far, far bigger a grind) than in the early days of Brave Frontier. Hopefully we at leats keep Japan's rates and they don't intentionally lower it like they did for awhile in BF global (see: farming idols and often seeing only the boss wave idol drop instead of one per wave).

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Evil Fluffy posted:

It's worth noting that limit break level farming takes a goddamn eternity too and the gains are pretty small. I'm bout 10% of the way to a limit break level on Exdeath but I'm still going to 5* him as soon as possible because that's a much bigger jump in power than the couple % more damage and status effect chance he'll get with a lvl 2 Almagest.

Plus Limit breaks go up to level 20 or 25 at 5 and 6 star so it's not like Brave Frontier where you can just toss a few burst frogs at a unit and call it a day either.

Genymotion was my emulator of choice since I could bump up the virtual machine specs to make apps run buttery smooth but I haven't tried running this on it yet and if you have Win10 I don't think Genymotion works at all for you.

Shame the early bird special will be long gone. It looks like the cheapest itunes card for Sweden is 150kr and it's not worth the hassle unfortunately.

Never heard of Genymotion, maybe I'll try it. Is it simple to use? I mainly just want to be able to record android game footage at a decent speed. Thankfully I'm still in Win7, with no plans to upgrade no matter how Microsoft begs.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I think the game have stabilized, and I've made my first summon draw.

I've got Sabin. I know he's probably not one of the best, but godamn, it's my pal Sabin. What's his good points?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

m.hache posted:

Public Service Announcement: You can't go over your energy cap. So if you see your free 30 Energy in your mailbox today, make sure your Energy bar is empty before redeeming it.

Wasted that bonus.

New Leaf posted:

I thought in the tutorial they specifically told you you could go over that cap.. I did the same thing, but luckily since I'm at work I had done a couple EXP runs in the void portal thing to work up a new character and was 3/20.

You could, but they screwed it up with the last patch. It seems like today's patch fixed it, though, so any Energy you get past your Max, regardless of source, should stack.

m.hache posted:

So another problem. I maxed out my Materials at 50. It says do you want to buy more slots. I choose yes and noticed it took 100 Lapis and boosted my freaking Item inventory, not my materials inventory.

Kinda lame. I had to go and sell a bunch of Mats.

It's suggested to only keep 1 stack of each Material. A stack maxes at 99. Sell extra stacks.

I know it's Reddit and all, but /r/FFBraveExvius has a LOT of useful information.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Gonna post these steal/drop charts that I've seen on reddit and elsewhere:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12eGhnu9KNYOtEh7e7y2hWLwwFj4bFaT0XM5pJlu596w/edit#gid=0
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ov4KXN6tzm0E5W-dAqJ_BspV-rNhytze7x6ghneMTDY/edit#gid=0

Really wish I'd gotten Vaan or Zidane instead of Maria and Penelo. The friend summon thief gets the job done but my god he's so weak and auto-potion is annoying.

Xiao is pretty nice so far. She's level 9 and with gear (except a weapon because Unarmed and armor because I need 1 more spellsilk) she's pushing 100atk.

Verranicus posted:

Never heard of Genymotion, maybe I'll try it. Is it simple to use? I mainly just want to be able to record android game footage at a decent speed. Thankfully I'm still in Win7, with no plans to upgrade no matter how Microsoft begs.

It can be a bit of a pain to setup. It uses virtual machines to run the devices so you can tinker with those settings to make your 'phone' have a lot more RAM if an app's running like poo poo, for example. (I did this for Brave Frontier)

Cosmic Afro posted:

I think the game have stabilized, and I've made my first summon draw.

I've got Sabin. I know he's probably not one of the best, but godamn, it's my pal Sabin. What's his good points?

He punches stuff, and eventually gets a passive that makes him do more damage when unarmed but it's when he's level 56. Explosive fist/chakra/aura cannon are given at lower levels and are useful though. He's still only a 4 star unit when maxxed though which is by far his biggest drawback.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
There has to be a place or monster for Iron Ore those tables haven't accounted for, no way it's completely absent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

HGH posted:

There has to be a place or monster for Iron Ore those tables haven't accounted for, no way it's completely absent.

Odds are, Island 2, i.e. areas we can't get to right now.

• Locked thread