Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007

Ramrod XTreme

i will sign up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007

Ramrod XTreme

flerp posted:

sure i guess ill play but only if i get to be a pony

standard ponyfia rules apply

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007

Ramrod XTreme

*gently nuzzles op*

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007

Ramrod XTreme

i believe friendship is magic

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007

Ramrod XTreme

dongsbot 9000 posted:

hahahahahahahaha

own3d

wow that was super rude

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007

Ramrod XTreme

flerp posted:

##vote dongsbot lynch all liars

wow, friend. killing seems a little extreme for such an action

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007

Ramrod XTreme

Rarity posted:

Welcome, friend

seen any ORCS lately??

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007

Ramrod XTreme

dongsbot 9000 posted:

depends. do you want to learn how to be a boring-rear end mafia player who plays thsi game for 10 years yet still sucks at it or do you wanna learn how to be fun and exciting and win games

are you suggesting that we Make Mafia Great Again?

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007

Ramrod XTreme

TMMadman posted:

##vote Rarity

Not only does she use the scummiest of typography marks, she also feels the need to make them extra scummy with asterisks.

This guy yiffs.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007

Ramrod XTreme

jon joe posted:

Oh, so that's why it was so short.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007

Ramrod XTreme

Pinterest Mom posted:

This is a ridiculously fake opinion ##vote tmm

this is a ridiculously fake opinion about another opinion ##vote Pinterest Mom

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007

Ramrod XTreme

ok i am not sure i'm going to be able to vote again before the end of this round so i'm just gonna hold on pinterest for now i guess

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007

Ramrod XTreme

i've never heard of a blank vigilante but welp

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007

Ramrod XTreme

seems like things are moving a little fast, why is everyone jumping on dongs so quickly?

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007

Ramrod XTreme

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007

Ramrod XTreme

this is going well

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007

Ramrod XTreme

Absurd Revolver posted:

if i don't alternate between trying to kill you and trying to be your friend people will suspect i finally hit scum gold and suspect my change in behavior

did you just admit to being scum????

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007

Ramrod XTreme

Absurd Revolver posted:

Honestly getting a little frustrated about this.

Especially when I'm always god damned town!

claiming you're not scum? classic scum move

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007

Ramrod XTreme

town.. mafia.. in a capitalist society they are all just different flavors of scum

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007

Ramrod XTreme

Not sure between Pinterest and tpink, but vector_to seems like a good policy kill at the very least. They're at least a benign kill.

##vote vector_to

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007

Ramrod XTreme

Yeah, I mean D1 is basically random. D2 really is kind of as well. Pin seemed kind of defensive and suspicious to me in response to my joke vote, so I left my vote for him D1. That was before the whole Rarity bandwagon started, and I had a bunch of poo poo to do that evening so I just didn't have time to check back into the thread.

Basically, I honestly have no idea on PMom, tpink, or AR. There isn't enough information, in my mind, to make an informed choice. vector_to seemed like a safe pick so I voted for him. If someone makes a better case I'll probably switch.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007

Ramrod XTreme

flerp posted:

this is super scummy lol wtf

Sorry. I don't know what you want from me.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007

Ramrod XTreme

I didn't mean it as a reply to you. I meant it as a reply to TM when he said he didn't understand why I left my vote for PMom or why I voted for vector.

Lurking is anti-town. That's a good reason to vote for vector. You do, however, make a great point that there's a mechanism in place to remove lurkers anyway so if he doesn't post by the end of the day that's a pretty good reason to change to someone else.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007

Ramrod XTreme

##unvote

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007

Ramrod XTreme

Li Dawny posted:

Well then, let me tell you how I really feel.

-Flerp and CC I got nothing on, no real feelings either way
-Pinterest is being shady
-Pink is super opinionated, but seems genuine in finding scum so I give him a temporary town pass
-AR and Dong are both goofy mofos and I give them both a pass because you seem to both have gut feelings and are working with each other in the strangest ways and seem to both be town because if your scum I don't even know anymore
-Vector is lurky af and I know that's scummy, but I feel bad branding him that without him being around to defend himself
-Madman I don't have much on, but he seemed to jump on Pink just because Pinterest did and that makes me doubt him

And that is my current take on this game

I agree with a lot of this, but I think flerp is town based on the whole vector dealie. If flerp is scum and vector is town, flerp would have been fine with lynching him. If flerp is scum and vector is scum, he'd be playing incredibly poorly by defending an afk scum that hard.

I'm going back and forth on PMom. I definitely wouldn't be surprised. Same with tpink. I'm having a lot of difficulty with this, I just don't think there is a lot there to work with. The whole AR/Dong thing is bizarre, but I feel like dong is probably town.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007

Ramrod XTreme

OK, well, let's lynch a fucker.

##vote pinterest mom

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007

Ramrod XTreme

We're one vote out and the two people who have voted are PMom, who won't lynch themselves, and TMM who already said they think PMom is town. With an hour out I'm gonna hammer someone who I think might be scum. Sorry not sorry.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007

Ramrod XTreme

TMMadman posted:

But you just said you go back and forth on PMom. That's not exactly a strong opinion.

Plus you didn't even seem to take into consideration the fact that PMom went from 1 vote to 5 votes in the space of ~10 minutes and 3 of those votes are essentially empty votes who all flipped off vector.

It's all scummy as gently caress.

I don't have a strong opinion on anyone, but I do have a strong opinion that not lynching anyone is stupid and PMom is a good lynch pick as tpig.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007

Ramrod XTreme

TMMadman posted:

No tpink was a much better choice for the lynch because of the way he reacted to the pressure and votes on him.

And even if you have a strong opinion that not lynching anyone is bad, it's still generally a bad idea to lynch someone with over an hour left when the game is at least somewhat active.

So I really think you're scum regardless of what PMom flips. If PMom is town, you saw a chance to lynch town. And if PMom is scum then you're probably angling for the 'I hammered scum' argument.

I don't think tpink was a much better choice. I thought they were both similarly scum. I'm sorry, I just don't agree with you.

I admit that I thought flerp had already voted, so I thought I was the only active poster left. But I am still fine with the vote, I don't think this is a game where you need to be 100% sure of your choice.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007

Ramrod XTreme

tpink posted:

Yeah, this is honestly about the only reason I haven't voted for you yet -- the fact that you were basically 100% aligned with Pmom from the beginning is so suspicious knowing what we know about Pmom now that I am almost starting to think that maybe you aren't scum, because you wouldn't have been that obvious about it if you were. So I'm at least open to voting for other people today.

TM's undying allegiance to Pmom was weird. But I think you're right - it's such an obvious voting pattern that either he's the worst scum in the world or he was just town and wrong. I'm inclined to think town and wrong.

AR had been going hard on TM and dongs early in this game - if you think those two are town, AR seems like a good pick for scum. He did vote for PMom though so I don't feel like it's terribly conclusive enough to actually vote on it.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007

Ramrod XTreme

I was thinking about whether the PMom/tpink thing was a ploy, Li Dawny, but I doubt it. The strategy would basically be sacrificing one to exonerate the other, which just doesn't seem like a particularly smart scum strategy at this stage of the game.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007

Ramrod XTreme

Absurd Revolver posted:

Are you hiding a power role or something?

Why would you ask this

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007

Ramrod XTreme

Absurd Revolver posted:

It's the only reason besides scum I can think of for being so on guard at this point.

Sorry, am I not supposed to?

I think it's probably better to not out people with roles.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007

Ramrod XTreme

Li Dawny posted:

Maybe you're right, and that's why I'm not voting anyone yet. I don't have a solid read on anyone like I did Pinterest, but I'm trying to follow the ripples that her flip followed by Florp's being NK (hee hee flip florp, sorry) and those three are making the biggest waves. But, maybe, I should be looking at calmer waters, like the ones by CC who seems to have decided that AR is scum with no justification and other than that has nothing got say except that we shouldn't be discussing roles.

I haven't decided AR is scum, just that I think there's a fair chance of it as the voting has been suspiciously erratic and he's aggressively hit a couple people I'm pretty positive are town. I was pretty specific about this:

quote:

AR had been going hard on TM and dongs early in this game - if you think those two are town, AR seems like a good pick for scum. He did vote for PMom though so I don't feel like it's terribly conclusive enough to actually vote on it.

Going after someone who ends up being town isn't scummy, but it's a bread crumb if it's consistent. But the PMom thing is a point in their favor so I'm just putting it on the table.

CapitalistPig posted:

If you think this is hostile or defensive then you have never seen me hostile or defensive.

I don't know if you're just a belligerent person or playing up your belligerence to deflect attention from yourself.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007

Ramrod XTreme

CapitalistPig posted:

LOL this coming from an obviously scum idiot newb.

I mean if anyone is scum in this game it is actually you.

##vote CC

I said I was gonna vote you anyway yesterday so here you are.

Lol should've just stayed quiet and coasted.

Like everyone just look t this scum.

(He is scum)

OK. Whatever. I think you've been weirdly hostile since you got like one vote against you, and to top it off you're a huge dick to basically everyone. If you are scum, I think basically no one would be surprised. If you aren't scum, no big loss.

##vote capitalistpig

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007

Ramrod XTreme

tpink posted:

Ok so I just went back and re-read all of CC's posts. It's not much and it's mostly noise. The late and seemingly half-hearted vote on Pmom is V SUSPICIOUS because it was close to a done deal by that point anyway, and it might have just been scum jumping in to get town points after things already went tits up for his scum buddy. That aside, no one has made much of a case for CC, so him siting at -1 (or -2 now) is also kind of weird. It's just been dongs naming CC a target and everyone going after it. As I said, I certainly appreciate dongs' way of playing because it's different and mostly based on feels. And who knows, the fucker may well be right. But we are up over scum currently, and I'd like to see at least a little more indication that CC is scum before we hammer. And I am just not seeing it yet. It's like a 50-50 for me now - and while in this game you by golly don't need to be 100% sure, it should be more than a coin flip. SO IN CONCLUSION: I just dunno if CC is scum, I'm not really feeling it, so pending more developments, I am going to hold back my vote. That said, if we start coming up on the deadline and it's looking like a no-lynch scenario, that might be a different decision.

I am going to LOSE it if dong is right and TMM's extraordinarily scummy playing has actually been a super clever double cross, where he's playing scummier than any actual scum ever would. But for now I am also not inclined to vote for TMM.

I also would not be surprised if vector flips scum after he gets modkilled, though if that happens, that's a really lovely way to play, especially in a game this small.

OK, well, here's what I'm going to say: based on how I play (which admittedly isn't a ton), if I were you, I would hammer me. I have hammered people "suspiciously" in past games because I have always been willing to go with the coin flip hammer rather than do what I think is often reading pig entrails in the thread and seeing what you want to see once you already have a preconceived idea of whether or not someone is scum. That's fine if you disagree with that, but that's the way I see the game.

I don't think TMM is scum, for reasons I stated earlier - but I do think cpig is scum, not just because he's a dick but also because he has been playing incredibly scummily this entire game. There's basically not a single vote or action the guy has taken that has been a good for town. So I voted for him this round, and he in turn managed to turn a -1 situation for himself into a -1 situation for me. Why? Probably because he and other scum thought my post was "scummy" enough to cause a reversal of fortune before they got utterly hosed on a second consecutive lynch. I think it's weird that the guy everyone was ready to lynch suddenly has enough credibility to turn the tables after accusing me. Maybe that's partially my fault, but I think it's also because there's at least 2 scum who are working to move town away from the guy who, in my mind, is very clearly scum.

Why did I make my "suspicious" Pmom vote? Because I started writing a post where I said I could go either way between you and PMom. And once I clicked post, several other votes in the meantime had made that put PMom -1 away from being hammered. I thought I was the only active voter left who wasn't committed (turns out flerp still hadn't voted) and I decided that, gently caress it, there wasn't going to be a better case made given that I had already gone over you and PMom's past votes pretty thoroughly and it had been argued to death. I was suspicious of PMom on day 1 and decided that I was going with my gut and hammering the guy. I got it right, but yeah if you want to read it as a scum trying to ingratiate themselves with town then that's a reasonable interpretation and it might be one that I'd make too.

I'm not going to be upset if I get hammered - town is ahead and will be fine without me. If you think I'm full of poo poo, or you think it's even pretty likely I'm full of poo poo, feel free to hammer me. But yeah, it'll be a mislynch.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007

Ramrod XTreme

When you walk through a storm, hold your head up high
And donít be afraid of the dark
At the end of the storm, thereís a golden sky
And the sweet, silver song of a lark

Walk on through the wind
Walk on through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown

Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And youíll never walk alone
Youíll never walk alone

Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And youíll never walk alone
Youíll never walk alone

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007

Ramrod XTreme

lol

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007

Ramrod XTreme

was cpig RNG or did AR actually crack the case and shoot him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007

Ramrod XTreme

Podima posted:

AR only RNGed his shot on Night 2. He specifically chose CPig for Night 3.

n1

• Locked thread