Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Pinterest Mom posted:

:shrug:

It really looks to me like you don't really care much who gets dunked, and you're not really showing any sign of actually thinking about the players.

Also, just loving lol at this given dong's posts and gut reads. I asked you why you haven't called him out on that and for starting the lynch on Rarity, and shockingly, I got no response. Do you have an answer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Pinterest Mom posted:

I did read the thread. Rar was sitting at one vote then, and you decided to agree with that dongsbot post (with, again, no rationale: "better rar than TMM" when Obvious Better Dunk Absurd Revolver was also on the table and actually sitting at 2 votes) and that got the ball rolling

Pmom, let me ask you again - one of your reasons for voting for me was that I was the second person to vote for Rarity (for reasons which I already explained). What is your response to dong being the person who actually started the lynch on Rarity? And do you agree with him voting for AR for basically no good reason other than "gut feel" or whatever?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Pinterest Mom posted:

I did read the thread. Rar was sitting at one vote then, and you decided to agree with that dongsbot post (with, again, no rationale: "better rar than TMM" when Obvious Better Dunk Absurd Revolver was also on the table and actually sitting at 2 votes) and that got the ball rolling

One last thing I wanted to comment on on Pmom's post: I didn't think AR was an "obvious better dunk," and I still don't, which is why I didn't vote for him even though he had 2 votes for him. The idea that you think this is suspicious is weird. And I explicitly said on D1 that I did not think TMM was scum, which is why I wasn't voting for him either:

tpink posted:

I don't think that TMM is scum and I'm not voting for him.

Which of course you are ignoring as well.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

TMMadman posted:

So are you saying that me and Pmom are scum together?

I wouldn't be surprised if Pmom is scum. You might just be lazy and jumping on a bandwagon vote

Here's Pmom's posting that's making me suspicious:

Pinterest Mom posted:

:shrug:

absent a real reason to vote Rar, I think AR is a much better dunk

Voting for AR with no real reason.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Fine ##vote rar

Voting Rarity (which I did too, to be fair).

Next immediate post after voting for Rarity is trying to get a lynch going on me, which as I already explained is a total bullshit case:

Pinterest Mom posted:

i wanna kill tpink - they keep showing up and not giving opinions and they started the bandwagon on rarity
##vote tpink

So for lack of better candidates for today:

##vote Pinterest mom

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Absurd Revolver posted:

Reading that, I'm actually of the opinion that one of them is scum, but definitely not both.

Agree, and I am inclined to think that Pmom is scum and TMM just hopped on with a lazy vote. I think coming in with just a "yeah what Pmom said" would be too lazy / risky vote for scum because it's just begging to be called out as a suspicious me-too vote.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

TMMadman posted:

What is your point here? Just because you call me town, I'm not allowed to think you're scum?

No, that post was directed at Pmom and their questioning why I voted for Rarity over you or AR. You are welcome to think whatever you like.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

TMMadman posted:

I think it's likely that AR and tpink are scum together, they seem to be pretty invested in defending each other.

AR should have been the vote yesterday and this is the only reason tpink gives for not voting AR:

tpink made two real hard calls yesterday and that was to say he thinks I'm town and that he doesn't think AR is scum (which means he thinks AR is town), he doesn't seem to call anyone scum and votes for Rarity just because Rarity was voting for him.

If AR and me were on a scum team together, the DUMBEST thing to do for me would have been to jump in and defend AR the way I have been. We already have a number of people who are ready to lynch him. The way things are going, I think it's likely that AR is going to get lynched soon. So if we were both scum, the right play would have been for me to say "umm yeah I agree vote AR" and try to at least get some town cred that way. I happen to think he's town and I don't really understand the votes for him. I am trying to prevent what I think is a town mis-lynch. I could be wrong but AR reads town to me and he's actually participating, so I don't think he should be the next person to get lynched.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
And poo poo, I don't know, maybe TMM and Pmom are scum buddies together after all? I didn't think so at first given TMM's lazy me-too vote, but now as he's digging in, I'm starting to have second thoughts.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

This is not a meaningful response but just a lazy way to dismiss an argument.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Ok. We still have almost a full day till lynch deadline, so I'd like to hear more people weigh in. I'd also like Pmom to respond to several questions I asked them. I'm not reading anything into them not responding so far because it's the weekend, but it would be helpful to get responses at some point before tomorrow's deadline.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I had explained my reasons for voting Rarity multiple times, including referencing those reasons again in my post to you. Your response is that I had latched on to the Rarity vote "without seeming to actually care about the dunk," which you say was "scummy," which just ignores what I said. Thanks for this very helpful response.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Cool. Still liking Pmom for scum, with TMM as a runner-up candidate.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

CapitalistPig posted:

What is happening in this game again?

Lurkers probably coasting to LYLO, as I've seen in the last few games I played.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Li Dawny posted:

I apologize, maybe it's just the newbie in me wanting to trust everyone.

Yeah, at this point basically no one is above suspicion and you just have to go with your gut and start making calls. Statistically speaking, you are more likely to vote for town than scum on D1/D2, but the alternative is just to hang back and not do anything, which is an anti-town play.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

TMMadman posted:

Constant shitposting is worse than lurking imo.

Finally, something TMM and I agree on.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Sorry I wasn't around the last few hours, but since I had already laid out my case for voting PMom and voted for them, it doesn't look like I missed much.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

TMMadman posted:

So there's about an hour and a half left until the deadline and there are three people voting someone who hasn't made a single post today when there is a mechanism in place to kill lurkers.

I'm pretty comfortable with my vote and I think PMom is town, so I'm not going to vote him.

Catching up on posts - you keep saying there's a mechanism to kill lurkers, but not really though. They just get the -1 for a lynch. That makes it easier to lynch them, but still far from a foregone conclusion.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

TMMadman posted:

No tpink was a much better choice for the lynch because of the way he reacted to the pressure and votes on him.

And even if you have a strong opinion that not lynching anyone is bad, it's still generally a bad idea to lynch someone with over an hour left when the game is at least somewhat active.

So I really think you're scum regardless of what PMom flips. If PMom is town, you saw a chance to lynch town. And if PMom is scum then you're probably angling for the 'I hammered scum' argument.

Hey guys, did you know that defending yourself from a bad case is a classic scum tell? True story. Sorry, TMM, next time I'll just self-vote.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i highly suspect that town power roles are gonna be a little weaker than normal: paranoid/insane cops, blank vigs, other fake roles to gently caress with people

reading the flavour of the game and podima's hint that this is a game where players solve games, not roles, points me in that direction

thus i suspect that we're gonna be dealing with less scum players rather than more

Yeah, I think given the flavor, the first flip, and the fact that the name of the game is literally Misfire Mafia, I think it's reasonable to assume that there are going to be a bunch of weird/watered-down roles.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Also I guess my overall gist with respect to TMM is that I die during N2, please lynch them and avenge me. Thx.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Absurd Revolver posted:

BEHOLD AND BOW DOWN TO LEGENDARY LI DAWNY!

BREAKER OF SCUM!

MASTER OF ALL SHE SURVEYS!

UMMMM are we really ignoring that I was the first person to make a case against Pmom and voting for them? I'm just going to pat myself on the back for sniffing out scum on D2. But also hooray for Li Dawny for joining my righteous crusade!

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
So as I was saying:

tpink posted:

And poo poo, I don't know, maybe TMM and Pmom are scum buddies together after all? I didn't think so at first given TMM's lazy me-too vote, but now as he's digging in, I'm starting to have second thoughts.

tpink posted:

Cool. Still liking Pmom for scum, with TMM as a runner-up candidate.

TMM's jumping in on Pmom's vote on me for scummy as gently caress, and the only thing more scummy was their consistent defense of Pmom. Like, it's so bad that I am *almost* starting to think that maybe TMM isn't scum, because holy poo poo what obvious scum play that would be otherwise.

TMM, before I vote for you, I'm going to give you a chance to explain why you were so aligned with Pmom. But based on what I've already seen from you, I would be very comfortable voting for you.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Also, :rip: flerp. :(

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

tpink posted:

Also I guess my overall gist with respect to TMM is that I die during N2, please lynch them and avenge me. Thx.

The fact that I didn't get killed during the night also makes me think that TMM is scum, given this post that I made before N2 - i.e., if TMM is scum, maybe he and his scum buddy (buddies?) decided to target someone else during the night to avoid getting more suspicion thrown on TMM.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Ok, last post for now. Based on the votes, everyone's posting, and Pmom's flip, here are my calls for town so far:

- me obviously (for heroically sniffing out and leading the lynch on evil scum Pmom);
- Li Dawny and dongsbot (made a case for and/or had early votes for Pmom); and
- AR (just a general feel, plus early vote for Pmom).

I dunno about CC (late vote on Pmom was kind of suspicious). No idea about vector_to because he basically has been MIA and I suspect may well get modkilled today.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

TMMadman posted:

Then go ahead and vote for me. Town is ahead, so my death isn't really going to hurt town other than being a easy way for actual scum to breeze though the day.

I thought pmom was town and he clearly had me fooled. It happens, but wrong doesn't mean scum.

Knowing pmom is scum, I feel good about tpink. Although I'd advise town to be wary of either CPig or AR for flipping so quickly yesterday. And I'm still wary of CC for the hammer.

And finally, to use your own words against you:

The same thing applies to me. It would be incredibly dumb of me to hard defend pmom for so long if I was scum with him.

Yeah, this is honestly about the only reason I haven't voted for you yet -- the fact that you were basically 100% aligned with Pmom from the beginning is so suspicious knowing what we know about Pmom now that I am almost starting to think that maybe you aren't scum, because you wouldn't have been that obvious about it if you were. So I'm at least open to voting for other people today.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Li Dawny posted:

Okay, I know this isn't exactly what I was thinking yesterday, but I've re-read literally everyone's posts at least three times and this is bothering me.

None of this makes sense as far as reasoning goes. People hate on AR and at least 50% of the votes he gets the first day are either jokes or people just not liking his play style, so I get why PM voted for him. He's an easy target for scum to try and hit because he's excitable and kinda flighty with his votes.
The second part, Rarity, is pointless to bring up because everyone voted Rarity. That's why Rarity is dead, sorry about that btw.
The last one is basically "if you vote for me, I'm going to vote for you" and I get the impulse, but it's dumb.

Then, we have this

The insistence of "well I started the vote so..." feels like a desperate attempt to jump around saying "I voted PM first so I can't be town, look at me, look at me"

And then I started thinking about things a bit more. Yeah, Pink and PM both voted for each other, but neither really had reasons why besides "eff that other guy" and that bothered me. It seemed like more of a ploy to divide the camp and maybe force a no-lynch or possibly as insurance along the lines of "I voted for x, they were scum, so I'm not." I just feel like if either of them had actual desire to lynch the other it would have been more about why the other person is scummy, not just that they are so deal with it.

You were doing so well playing this game, Li Dawny, what happened. :(

Yes, part of my voting for Pmom was because gently caress that guy for voting for me for no reason. But him trying to get a lynch going on me really did read scummy to me, and coupled with his vote for Rarity and not really responding to questions that I asked, that was enough for me to decide to vote for him. I stand by it and obviously I was right.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Concerned Citizen posted:

I think it's probably better to not out people with roles.

Correct!

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Also, to my surprise, TMM's posting today following his super pro-Pmom behavior yesterday is now making me rethink things and lean toward "town but wrong." Still not 100% sure but that's where I'm at now.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

dongsbot 9000 posted:

actually its good and lmao

What's good about outing town power roles, especially since we are already ahead of scum?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I have to say that I don't really get the way dongs plays Mafia but I like it. It's different. :allears:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I'm interested in dongs' gut feel on CPig.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
You fuckers. I am about to take off for a two hour flight and I don't know whom to vote for. I've decided against TMM being scum for today, and Dawny isn't either. Will reread stuff when back online and come back and render judgment if we are still in a holding pattern by that time. Oh, and not voting for vector because that dummy is going to be modkilled and I don't want to waste a lunch.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Ok so I just went back and re-read all of CC's posts. It's not much and it's mostly noise. The late and seemingly half-hearted vote on Pmom is V SUSPICIOUS because it was close to a done deal by that point anyway, and it might have just been scum jumping in to get town points after things already went tits up for his scum buddy. That aside, no one has made much of a case for CC, so him siting at -1 (or -2 now) is also kind of weird. It's just been dongs naming CC a target and everyone going after it. As I said, I certainly appreciate dongs' way of playing because it's different and mostly based on feels. And who knows, the fucker may well be right. But we are up over scum currently, and I'd like to see at least a little more indication that CC is scum before we hammer. And I am just not seeing it yet. It's like a 50-50 for me now - and while in this game you by golly don't need to be 100% sure, it should be more than a coin flip. SO IN CONCLUSION: I just dunno if CC is scum, I'm not really feeling it, so pending more developments, I am going to hold back my vote. That said, if we start coming up on the deadline and it's looking like a no-lynch scenario, that might be a different decision.

I am going to LOSE it if dong is right and TMM's extraordinarily scummy playing has actually been a super clever double cross, where he's playing scummier than any actual scum ever would. But for now I am also not inclined to vote for TMM.

I also would not be surprised if vector flips scum after he gets modkilled, though if that happens, that's a really lovely way to play, especially in a game this small.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
It would also be funny if vector came back and made one post just to hammer CC. :marc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Oh man, I loved this game. Sorry I was MIA the last day, fam - I was tied up all day and came back with the intention of hammering CC, but I was already beaten to it. I thought after their last post that was basically "gee whiz sure you can lynch me but I promise I'm town" that there was a good chance they'd flip scum.

And for the record I did finally peg Cpig as scum and roleblocked him on N3, so even if AR hadn't killed him, our town victory still would have been secure. :hist101:

Podima, thanks for modding, I really enjoyed this! And good work town buddies. :hfive:

Also, if anyone is setting up another game, I'd be happy to play!

• Locked thread