Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I'm not sure if the other game is going to start any time soon, so I'm going to gently place my name here and hope that not too many people from the other game sign up and bump me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

You people are the strangest group of people I've ever met and I love it for some reason.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

jon joe posted:

AR I will make a game just for you and you can be scum in it

I will call it, AR IS SCUM Mafia

How sweet you you, you must be town.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Trying to decide if I should vote Dongsbot now just so that I'm less confused this game.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

dongsbot 9000 posted:

depends. do you want to learn how to be a boring-rear end mafia player who plays thsi game for 10 years yet still sucks at it or do you wanna learn how to be fun and exciting and win games

Point taken

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

jon joe posted:

According to Rarity, Mafia is Dead

Then why join the game?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Walk away for an hour and people are calling things like asterisks scummy. How did this happen?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

[b] ##vote flerp [b/]

You broke it!

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

##vote flerp because I suck.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

tpink posted:

Good morning, friends. How is everyone's Saturday so far?

Pretty well, how about your's?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I feel like I'm on the outside of some grand joke.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

TMMadman posted:

He ends up leaving his vote on someone who self voted as a joke. It doesn't sit right with me and feels like he's trying to force a bad lynch.

But there are three other people, including flerp, who are still voting flerp, but you're fixated on AR. It seems to me that you're just trying to find a reason to throw suspicion on him and that feels weird, so

##vote TMMadman

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I completely agree with Rarity.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

TMMadman posted:

Hahaha, yeah, you're definitely scum.

This is the kind of stuff that makes me suspect you more. You seem so very convinced that AR is scum, yet I can't figure out why. No one else seems sure of themselves, just like they have small suspicions like I do, but you are 1000% sure of your guess.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I really don't know what to think here. I don't follow TM's logic on why AR is scum, it seems flimsy and like he's now just grasping at straws to save himself. But as much as I think it's dumb, I can't really say I think it's scummy.

##unvote

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

While I'm tempted to just wait and see if flerp dies of a heart attack, I don't want to do something incredibly dumb and the general consensus is that a no-lynch is dumb.

##vote Rarity

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

And all of this is why I don't play video games.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I like Telltale, and games around the same format, but I hardly consider those video games and place them more into the interactive novel category.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Well hell,

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I get the feeling that Dong and AR cannot peacefully coexist in a game.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

tpink posted:

Here's my hot take: I don't think AR is scum but apparently I'm the only one. He has actually bothered explaining votes and what he's doing and why. As opposed to, say, dongsbot going "hmm my gut says (X) is scum."

I don't think he's scum either, and I don't understand how dong insisting that he is without any kind of support of why is enough to sway people into the chain lynch camp.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

TMMadman posted:

I agree with PMom here.

##vote tpink

I'm sorry, this seems weird to me. He votes dongs, disappears, and pops up to agree with Pinterest immediately and say/do nothing else.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I really want to agree with Dong about vector being lurky and weird, but he's not really supporting his argument about AR and people are jumping to back Dong about it, so I'm hesitant.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

With seven and a half hours left to vote in still unsure who's who as far as town/scum.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

TMMadman posted:

Well make a call. Don't be afraid to be wrong. Honestly coming in and posting something like this is just as bad as lurking.

I apologize, maybe it's just the newbie in me wanting to trust everyone.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

TMMadman posted:

To get things rolling, what do you think about the people who have been pushing to lynch vector? It's true that he's lurking, but this game has a mechanism in place to deal with lurkers. For me, I think it's a bit suspicious at this point. If vector jumped into the thread and made 10-12 low content posts and disappeared again then I could understand voting for him, but at this time it feels like a push on an easy target and a way for other people to avoid talking about more prominent posters.

I do think he's an easy target, and maybe that's why so many people are jumping onto him, but he seems to be a fairly lurky player across the board in mafia and it might just be his play type. PM seems to be hating on AR, who seems to have some hate from a few people, but I don't know if that's because Dong hates AR and people are using that or if he is actually being scummy and I just don't see it. However, PM does seem to be operating on some unknown knowledge that I don't understand and makes me feel suspicious.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

As far as my input goes, which isn't far because hurr durr nube, I have some strange feelings about Pinterest. The run in, shoot off five posts on the person I hate, run away before anyone can ask any questions bye feels a bit shady to me. So, for now at least,

##vote Pinterest Mom

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Well then, let me tell you how I really feel.

-Flerp and CC I got nothing on, no real feelings either way
-Pinterest is being shady
-Pink is super opinionated, but seems genuine in finding scum so I give him a temporary town pass
-AR and Dong are both goofy mofos and I give them both a pass because you seem to both have gut feelings and are working with each other in the strangest ways and seem to both be town because if your scum I don't even know anymore
-Vector is lurky af and I know that's scummy, but I feel bad branding him that without him being around to defend himself
-Madman I don't have much on, but he seemed to jump on Pink just because Pinterest did and that makes me doubt him

And that is my current take on this game

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

If Pinterest turns out town I'm going to feel really bad now guys.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

CapitalistPig posted:

and if she is scum you will be the legendary Li Dawny breaker of scum and master of all she surveys.

Fixed it!

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

tpink posted:

Catching up on posts - you keep saying there's a mechanism to kill lurkers, but not really though. They just get the -1 for a lynch. That makes it easier to lynch them, but still far from a foregone conclusion.

If you go another day, after the -1, whithout making at least ten posts then you are modkilled...so there is a method, but not a quick one.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Okay, I know this isn't exactly what I was thinking yesterday, but I've re-read literally everyone's posts at least three times and this is bothering me.

tpink posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Pmom is scum. You might just be lazy and jumping on a bandwagon vote

Here's Pmom's posting that's making me suspicious:

Voting for AR with no real reason.

Voting Rarity (which I did too, to be fair).

Next immediate post after voting for Rarity is trying to get a lynch going on me, which as I already explained is a total bullshit case:

So for lack of better candidates for today:

##vote Pinterest mom

None of this makes sense as far as reasoning goes. People hate on AR and at least 50% of the votes he gets the first day are either jokes or people just not liking his play style, so I get why PM voted for him. He's an easy target for scum to try and hit because he's excitable and kinda flighty with his votes.
The second part, Rarity, is pointless to bring up because everyone voted Rarity. That's why Rarity is dead, sorry about that btw.
The last one is basically "if you vote for me, I'm going to vote for you" and I get the impulse, but it's dumb.

Then, we have this

tpink posted:

UMMMM are we really ignoring that I was the first person to make a case against Pmom and voting for them? I'm just going to pat myself on the back for sniffing out scum on D2. But also hooray for Li Dawny for joining my righteous crusade!

The insistence of "well I started the vote so..." feels like a desperate attempt to jump around saying "I voted PM first so I can't be town, look at me, look at me"

And then I started thinking about things a bit more. Yeah, Pink and PM both voted for each other, but neither really had reasons why besides "eff that other guy" and that bothered me. It seemed like more of a ploy to divide the camp and maybe force a no-lynch or possibly as insurance along the lines of "I voted for x, they were scum, so I'm not." I just feel like if either of them had actual desire to lynch the other it would have been more about why the other person is scummy, not just that they are so deal with it.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

dongsbot 9000 posted:

everyone just keep posting until li dawny comes back

Here! Sorry, life things were happening. I honestly don't know about CPig, he's being super defensive and almost hostile over the slightest suspicion and that rubs me wrong. But looking back over posts I'm noticing a couple of things. First, Madman called literally everyone who suspected him scum almost immediately with the exclusion of two people, Flerp and Pinterest. Every single other person who made a case against him he got mad and retaliated. Not saying he's scum either, but again with the super defensive. So my current thoughts are Pink, for reasons previously posted, Madman, or CPig.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Absurd Revolver posted:

The only problem with the TMM theory is flerp, who we now know was town. Maybe he was breaking pattern to throw off the trail, but like the others, my suspicion of him has diminished as the day goes on.

As for your thoughts on tpink, could you elaborate a little more on why you consider his voting scummy? Also, while I am most definitely an easy scum target, tpink defended the poo poo outta me on day one, so I don't see how that benefits him when I was real close to a lynch. Not only that, but he did start the pmom vote and I don't see him loving his scumbuddies twice in a row like that.

Maybe you're right, and that's why I'm not voting anyone yet. I don't have a solid read on anyone like I did Pinterest, but I'm trying to follow the ripples that her flip followed by Florp's being NK (hee hee flip florp, sorry) and those three are making the biggest waves. But, maybe, I should be looking at calmer waters, like the ones by CC who seems to have decided that AR is scum with no justification and other than that has nothing got say except that we shouldn't be discussing roles.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

CapitalistPig posted:

If you think this is hostile or defensive then you have never seen me hostile or defensive.

How do you not see this comment as defensive? It is you defending yourself against being called defensive.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

CapitalistPig posted:

Wait are we not supposed to defend ourselves in mafia anymore?

Is this now a game of let everyone say whatever without defending ourselves or is it loving mafia?

This isn't fun time happy land where everyone is nice to each other.

And now the hostility comes out. This is a game, it's not something you need to get upset over and rudely lash out at people for pointing out behavior that you're engaging in. I'm sorry, but
##vote CPig

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

CapitalistPig posted:

Wait are we not supposed to defend ourselves in mafia anymore?

Is this now a game of let everyone say whatever without defending ourselves or is it loving mafia?

This isn't fun time happy land where everyone is nice to each other.

This. This right here is not a calm response.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

CapitalistPig posted:

This was kind of after what I was referring to as a calm response. Nice try though.

I'm talking about your behavior in general

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

CapitalistPig posted:

LOL this coming from an obviously scum idiot newb.

I mean if anyone is scum in this game it is actually you.

##vote CC

I said I was gonna vote you anyway yesterday so here you are.

Lol should've just stayed quiet and coasted.

Like everyone just look t this scum.

(He is scum)

Then support your claim, explain why we should vote him instead of you. Don't just be rude and point at everyone else as wrong, be reasonable and form a case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

CapitalistPig posted:

If you need a reasonable case to vote CC then lol.

Ok my reasonable case is his whole post history.

Idiot.

I can't wait for our explosive experiences AR.

:wink:

Alright, so I'm done engaging you. You have nothing to say that isn't littered with insults, and I'm trying to have fun. Playing a game with you is worse than playing a game with a literal child, because at least a child has some semblance of respect for the people they play with.

• Locked thread