Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Oh yeah, my family used to have macs when I was young, back in the day i played Glider Pro and Vette! on a 16mhz macintosh LC. After a couple years, we upgraded to a 33mhz Performa 630 CDTV, the TV tuner was pretty rad because it had composite video inputs for my PSX so you could play actual games on a Mac! (It ran Marathon pretty well though)

I fondly remember the day when I finally got my first PC, the leap from a 33mhz 68040 to a 333mhz Pentium II completely blew my mind
Buttery smooth 60fps in Unreal, Quake, Carmageddon, you name it! And Windows 98 SE was pretty cool back then, too!

It's a good thing I finally managed to talk my parents into getting me a PC, I fear what I would have become without it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i never owned a mac in the era of gigantic candy flavored computers for babies, and i believe that was a good choice on my part

late adopter best adopter
i bought my very first mac in 2012, the period when windows 8 came about and now microsoft was making gigantic candy flavored os

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

haveblue posted:

nanosaur
maelstrom
realmz
bolo

simtown

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i never owned a mac in the era of gigantic candy flavored computers for babies, and i believe that was a good choice on my part

late adopter best adopter

i got a mac when they put a core 2 duo in them

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
it was bugdom

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Mac OS 6 and Crystal Quest = ownage

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I had a look earlier today. I can't find my line green G3 that I bought for 3000 real nz dollars in 1999 when I was a lovely teenager. I suspect that wife has thrown it into the swamp.

she said that it was taking up too much room.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
coulda used it as a coop for ur farm chuickens

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

lazy fucks have stopped laying. winter sucks.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

I had a look earlier today. I can't find my line green G3 that I bought for 3000 real nz dollars in 1999 when I was a lovely teenager. I suspect that wife has thrown it into the swamp.

she said that it was taking up too much room.

reporting you to the new zealand epa for water pollution you sick loving farmer

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

the what?

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

My lime green g3 is still in storage maybe it's time to fire it up and play some lovely games

hell yeah i still have my blue & white G3 tower in my office closet. turned it on a couple years ago and it still worked.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

the physical design of the blue & white G3 tower loving owned

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

if u did soybean meal on ur farm u could maybe buy another lime g3 and not live in a swamp with ur laptop on a laundry machine

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

error1 posted:

I had one of those for a while, i think mine was a 486 DX2 66mhz

It was the only way macs could play MP3 files in realtime for quite a long while :downs:

huh. i had a power computing power center 166 from uh 1996 that had a 166mhz 604, and it played mp3s just fine

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

oh man i really want to play marathon now too

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

beos will be able to play music and videos at same time

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

Triglav posted:

beos will be able to play music and videos at same time

lmao i had that powercenter also set up to boot beos from a zip drive. pr2 i think?

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
I have dozens of Macintoshes of all shapes and sizes.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
there are a bunch of macs in my apartment right now, most of them because I'm too lazy to drag them to an electronics recycling place

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

was anyone else all about this poo poo right here?

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10
my g3 bondi blue imac still works and plays any game from the nineties and lots of 68k mac stuff too. the mistake made here is using a powermac, as these are for pros so they dont work right in the wrong hands

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Elder Postsman posted:

oh man i really want to play marathon now too

here u go https://alephone.lhowon.org

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

online friend posted:

yeah ok but what about that game where you played as a bug and had to do bug quests

i don't remember the name but i played it as a child

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3_in_Three ?

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

error1 posted:

Oh yeah, my family used to have macs when I was young, back in the day i played Glider Pro and Vette! on a 16mhz macintosh LC. After a couple years, we upgraded to a 33mhz Performa 630 CDTV, the TV tuner was pretty rad because it had composite video inputs for my PSX so you could play actual games on a Mac! (It ran Marathon pretty well though)

I fondly remember the day when I finally got my first PC, the leap from a 33mhz 68040 to a 333mhz Pentium II completely blew my mind
Buttery smooth 60fps in Unreal, Quake, Carmageddon, you name it! And Windows 98 SE was pretty cool back then, too!

It's a good thing I finally managed to talk my parents into getting me a PC, I fear what I would have become without it

bad examples because all those games were on mac and ran better besides

feel free to bring up the mid '00s doldrums though

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz78v4euRd0

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

well they make a convincing argument there.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

when I start it up I just get a black screen with a tiny cursor :(

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lol mac users actually believed that

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Elder Postsman posted:

when I start it up I just get a black screen with a tiny cursor :(

the guy who makes aleph one is so autismal that when people add mouselook he rips it out because NOT AUTHENTIC EXPERIENCE

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Shaggar posted:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
:irony:

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Shaggar posted:

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
maybe it was twice as fast but it needed to be to power tge massive turd known as classic mac

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

up to twice as fast

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

maybe it was twice as fast but it needed to be to power tge massive turd known as classic mac

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

rip powerpc, it died in shame

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
imagine that stupid bitch steve jobs crawling on his belly QQing and rectally bleeding into intel HQ to buy their epic processors after running that aids infected snail ad about how intel sucked. lol. haha.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

carry on then posted:

rip powerpc, it died in shame

lotta info and jargon for an apple slide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

Luigi Thirty posted:

the guy who makes aleph one is so autismal that when people add mouselook he rips it out because NOT AUTHENTIC EXPERIENCE

lol what the hell. I'm like 99% sure mouse look was in the original

• Locked thread