Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
It's time to make a thread for AI's most dangerous hangout. The car meet with the meat. The get together with a bit too much getting together. :bigtran:

Date/Time: August 20th, 2016. However, people will be around from Friday the 19th through the following Monday.
Location: Lebanon, CT. Address will be provided closer to the event!

We have a fish on his way, with a plan for a van, a Ken with Justy enough dream, and the usual crew that's due.

I have quite a bit of land, but not enough house for people to crash in. So bring camping gear.

Food will be provided, but you'll be expected to chip in a bit of cash as well as for the keg(s).

Plenty of parking, some of the best fishing in New England across the street, and enough dumb poo poo to keep anyone happy.

Mopeds, ATV's, UTV's, or whatever are welcome, there will be lawnmower races.

Other than that, let's discuss this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
My body is ready

E; really need to get cracking on the Vantasy goddamn, shits gonna be down to the wire.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLb9jPuDS9Y

Terrible Robot posted:

E; really need to get cracking on the Vantasy goddamn, shits gonna be down to the wire.

WHERE'S MY AVALANCHE, CORY

I WAS PROMISED AN ALRIGHT CHEVROLET

:v:

literally a fish fucked around with this message at 17:38 on May 20, 2016

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
If I make it, it will probably be in a Comanche or Roadmaster, not the Justy. The Justy is currently broken and can't carry or tow a tractor.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

literally a fish posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLb9jPuDS9Y

WHERE'S MY AVALANCHE, CORY

I WAS PROMISED AN ALRIGHT CHEVROLET

:v:

Go to sleep, maybe when you wake up I'll have a shiny truck for you :v:

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

kastein posted:

If I make it, it will probably be in a Comanche or Roadmaster, not the Justy. The Justy is currently broken and can't carry or tow a tractor.

NOT ACCEPTABLE. JUSTY IS NOT *THAT* BROKEN.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Yeah it just needs a new motor dropped in (which requires me to do a bunch of other poo poo beforehand if I want to not go through this again and blow up more NLA parts) that's all.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
As someone who lives in the NE this is NE as gently caress. 6+ hours to CT. :sigh:

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Cage posted:

As someone who lives in the NE this is NE as gently caress. 6+ hours to CT. :sigh:

You have no excuse. I have a Ford graveyard and have owned more Mustangs than you can shake a stick at. Get your rear end here. If your lovely mod motor blows up than I have a spare to replace it with. :P

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
If you're saying you want to mad max my car Im all for it.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Mad Max at an NEAI is a massive understatement. You're likely to leave with a junkyard supercharger and a trunk full of nitrous

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Ok. I might have a flame throwing rc car to bring if its ready in time.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
at least one of my dumb jeeps + a bread shaped camper and possibly as many as two mopeds will be at NEAI.

Do you have a dirt rally course? We at least need to have moped races for time.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
If the Vantasy isn't done, I'm bringing the Gorester.

Noise Complaint, would you be so kind as to clarify the policy on large-bore rifles and binary explosives?

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Adiabatic posted:

If the Vantasy isn't done, I'm bringing the Gorester.

Noise Complaint, would you be so kind as to clarify the policy on large-bore rifles and binary explosives?

Technically its cool to shoot guns here. I'm cool with shooting guns here. I have guns here to shoot. Guns go away when booze and drugs come out.

Explosions however? We're cool.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Awesome! I'll bring the 45-70 Henry and the 458 Lott CZ. And 27 lbs of tannerite.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
I'll be there for sure. Maybe I'll bring blacksmithing stuff again this year.

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

THIS CONVERSATION IS NONPRODUCTIVE!
Hmm. It is only a 7hr drive. I'll have to consider making this trip you goony bastards..

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

My chickens will be laying by then so expect a grand breakfast. I'm taking that Friday through Monday off of work, so people are more than welcome to stay multiple nights.

If anyone is into horseback riding, you're welcome to take one of the horses out, we have plenty of trail riding land as well.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
Hmmm...a 16 hour drive from Atlanta is tempting.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

bandman posted:

Hmmm...a 16 hour drive from Atlanta is tempting.
Stop in Knoxville, we can cruise up in style in the M5. Only 13 hours from Knoxville.

I'm tentatively coming, if I make it so will at least one box of cigars.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
2.5 hours from me. Maybe I'll stop being a bum and come up.

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009

kastein posted:

Yeah it just needs a new motor dropped in (which requires me to do a bunch of other poo poo beforehand if I want to not go through this again and blow up more NLA parts) that's all.

Use the JUSTANG as your model.
You have a few hours between now and then.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Need a SouthEast AI meetup :(

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

CommieGIR posted:

Need a MidWest AI meetup :(

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I will go to NEAI... at some point. I don't know if it'll be this year though. :sigh:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 04:48 on May 25, 2016

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
(you still have your house number on the snip of the map) :ssh:

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Seeing if I can make this happen!

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

I'd be down for this. :toot:

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I have it on my calendar. I've never been to one of these but have seen past threads. Looking forward to it. I'm right in Hartford with an extra bed if someone is crossing the god drat country for this.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

scuz posted:

(you still have your house number on the snip of the map) :ssh:

:doh:

Oh well. It's the address of the leasing office. Every building in the apartment complex has its own individual street address, I think even Buce would be hard pressed to figure out which part of the property I was in. :v:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

CommieGIR posted:

Elmnt80 posted:

I'd be down for this. :toot:

Who has a chunk of land we could do stupid poo poo at? I don't think my neighbors would appreciate guns, tannerite or any of that fun stuff. If we just want to hang out, talk cars and drive in the mountains I could host...wouldn't be the first time there were a poo poo load of cars at my house.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Would it be alright if I bring one of my roommates with me?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

NitroSpazzz posted:

Who has a chunk of land we could do stupid poo poo at? I don't think my neighbors would appreciate guns, tannerite or any of that fun stuff. If we just want to hang out, talk cars and drive in the mountains I could host...wouldn't be the first time there were a poo poo load of cars at my house.

No tannerite or guns, but the garage is always open in RVA.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Adiabatic posted:

No tannerite or guns, but the garage is always open in RVA.

Might have to do. Would it be okay if I geek out and bring my embedded devkit?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Yeah no problem. I'd love to learn more and you know your poo poo.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Adiabatic posted:

Yeah no problem. I'd love to learn more and you know your poo poo.

If we do a SEAI meet, I'll bring the Megasquirt'ed Audi too, so we can tinker with that, and I'm setting up an 'adapter' to support switching between Megasquirt ECU and Speeduino.

Because what's the fun in having a single ECU?

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
If i ever get it regged, i'll be bringing something way better than a subaru.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Ozmiander posted:

If i ever get it regged, i'll be bringing something way better than a subaru.

A kei truck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Random question for no reason whatsoever: is there a welding machine in the area?

• Locked thread