Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
I can bring a 120v flux core up if Fart Pipe doesnt have a welder and itll do what you need. What needs welding?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
A push bar onto a vehicle that push bars normally dont go :shobon:

Just seemed like an AI thing to do.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
:drat: 39hr drive for me. probably going to have to fly again fly again. but I'm off that week so I'm in. Maybe I can find a rental car in orange...

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
Bumping this because it's a couple months away!

Yes, Bill, you can bring your roommates, you guys are always welcome at my place.

Cage, I also have a MIG but I don't have any gas, it can take fluxcore though. I can also see about filling a tank before NEAI.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

We going to do a keg again as per last year? Pitch in and get a solo cup, as is customary.

Taking requests for food, and I'd also appreciate it if anyone nearby wanted to haul an extra grill or so down. I'll make my usual NEAI chili which disappears in about 30 seconds, but we'll do burgers, dogs, veggies, etc.

2 months to go, and I'm really looking forward to it this year!

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

I am going to head to the British butchers near me and bring a bunch of sausages so you can all know what you are missing.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Noise Complaint posted:

We going to do a keg again as per last year? Pitch in and get a solo cup, as is customary.

Taking requests for food, and I'd also appreciate it if anyone nearby wanted to haul an extra grill or so down. I'll make my usual NEAI chili which disappears in about 30 seconds, but we'll do burgers, dogs, veggies, etc.

2 months to go, and I'm really looking forward to it this year!

My parents are tossing out a really nice Weber kettle. I could see if they still have it. You could keep it afterwards.

I'm pretty local (Hartford) so whatever I can do to help.

Edit: grill was spoken for a few days ago. Sorry. But if you need any help, my offer still stands.

um excuse me fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jun 22, 2016

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

One month from today and counting. Bumping this as a reminder. Aw yeah.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
The YJ/Bread Camper may not be completely ready by NEAI 2016 plus :effort: so I may just bring the Mk2 XJ and sleep in the back.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
Hell yeah. No matter how busy I am, I'm coming to this.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
poo poo, I think this might be the same weekend as the family reunion.... I'll check and get back to the thread.

Might be ok on this I think its the weekend before.

alternate.eago fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jul 20, 2016

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
My body is still ready

I pick Fish up from the airport in two weeks, the Vantasy's driveline arrives in VA a few days later, and then :getin: poo poo gets fun.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jul 20, 2016

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

There's going to be limited floor space in my house and only 3 couches and a spare bedroom, but assuming the weather isn't swelteringly hot, there's plenty of floor space and a big couch in the barn and hay loft as well.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Still going. Are we still roadkilling a Subaru?

Also would it be potentially useful to set up my WRX for off-road?

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

um excuse me posted:

Still going. Are we still roadkilling a Subaru?

Also would it be potentially useful to set up my WRX for off-road?

I doubt it. Most people will not want to be working on cars. There's lots of dirt roads around my place, but most of them are farm roads with lots of small livestock, and speaking as a guy who gets pissed off at people ripping down my dirt road, I'm sure people won't be so happy if NEAI Rally Edition comes screaming along.

There is a great fishing spot across the street, however, and a lake about a mile down the road that lets you kayak and canoe.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I probably won't be crashing there but I will try and bring a tent just in case.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Noise Complaint posted:

I doubt it. Most people will not want to be working on cars. There's lots of dirt roads around my place, but most of them are farm roads with lots of small livestock, and speaking as a guy who gets pissed off at people ripping down my dirt road, I'm sure people won't be so happy if NEAI Rally Edition comes screaming along.

There is a great fishing spot across the street, however, and a lake about a mile down the road that lets you kayak and canoe.

Wasn't so much a LETS RALLY :black101: question more than my current suspension really isn't suited for anything short of smooth road :ohdear: question.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

I'm about 3/4 of a mile off of the highway right at the beginning of a dirt road. Parking, however, will be in the yard, or likely in the sand riding ring, so it might be a good idea to not be slammed, haha

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Noise Complaint posted:

I'm about 3/4 of a mile off of the highway right at the beginning of a dirt road. Parking, however, will be in the yard, or likely in the sand riding ring, so it might be a good idea to not be slammed, haha

Just off the highway, eh :v:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Am I gonna bottom out like going to kastein's house? Granted my current car isn't as low as my SS/SC was, but I can't even go to a lot of businesses with sloped entrances to their parking lot without scraping my lip.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I'm hoping i have a box installed on the truck by the 20th, so i can throw a mattress and AC in there and sleep like a loving king.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Am I gonna bottom out like going to kastein's house? Granted my current car isn't as low as my SS/SC was, but I can't even go to a lot of businesses with sloped entrances to their parking lot without scraping my lip.

No, not at all.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

So, realizing we don't want to work on cars, one must also recognize that NEAI is the place to get dirt cheap EJs.
Would one of y'all be able to find a good condition 205/255 long block that we can pick up there, then throw in the back of Wrar's Outback? I have all the fancy ways of getting money around the internet.
Then get it home to swap into my poor dead WRX back in NC?

Also Wrar and I have a tent/sleeping bags if the barn gets full.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I'd give a call to FS Auto. They're in CT and have shelves of rebuilt motors and transmissions. Very well known in the area for Subaru. I've worked with them before with an EJ25D rebuild and they were super nice and helpful.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
205 and 255 are fairly uncommon in the yards I frequent. Mostly 251s, 25Ds, 22Es, 222s, and a smattering of EZ30Ds and EJ18s occasionally.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
If you're in NC it might be more productive to ship a JDM EJ207 from a ship in Canada.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Anyone want to buy a 98 Forster 5 SPD with 130k??

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
That depends on your asking price and what's currently wrong with it. I probably shouldn't but I want nothing to do with swapping the trans in mine...

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

always be closing posted:

Anyone want to buy a 98 Forster 5 SPD with 130k??

Go on...

I could use a parts car, whether it's that one or mine.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

kastein posted:

205 and 255 are fairly uncommon in the yards I frequent. Mostly 251s, 25Ds, 22Es, 222s, and a smattering of EZ30Ds and EJ18s occasionally.

You're right, but I'd be willing to put money on them knowing where to go to acquire such motors, if they don't have any.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Dropped the truck off at the wreckers for a box to be installed. IT's already got 110v hookups and lights inside. It's loving awesome.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Ozmiander posted:

Dropped the truck off at the wreckers for a box to be installed. IT's already got 110v hookups and lights inside. It's loving awesome.

FUCKYEAH

are we going to have some kind of NEAI vehicle camping wagon circle?

iForge posted:

I can bring a 120v flux core up if Fart Pipe doesnt have a welder and itll do what you need. What needs welding?

The roll cage on my Wrangler :v:

But it probably wont be there.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

kastein posted:

That depends on your asking price and what's currently wrong with it. I probably shouldn't but I want nothing to do with swapping the trans in mine...

Fart Pipe posted:

Go on...

I could use a parts car, whether it's that one or mine.

Rear wheel bearing making noise(pass side has new Big rear end Bolt, so hopefuly its that side) and it makes a soft clunk sometiems when turning to full lock on the passenger front. Other than that, the mother fuckers tip top, ice cold a/c, runs cool and perfect. No rust, clean underneath. Interior is very good shape, has 04-05 seats, i still have the originals, rubber floor mats, rubber cargo mat. Good black paint, good plastics. Good tires. I am going to ask $2500 on CL, I wil let it go for 2.

Thats probably the best I can do for you guys, so i get if you're not interested, daily driver ready(i have been for 2 years).

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
laf and terriblerobot what day are you guys planning to leave? Toplitzin and I were wondering if we could convoy with you guys?

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
It must be nice to live in a world where you have plans :v:

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I'm trying to figure out what days to take off work :p

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
I suspect we're leaving on thursday the 18th, but I'm not sure. You are of course free to convoy with us :3:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
yeah right now the plan is to leave sometime afternoon on thursday and come back late sunday/early monday I think. Plans subject to change without notice, no refunds.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Cool. I've got my time booked. See you guys Thursday in the AM. We'll bring breakfast!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
plane ticket bought, hooray for mopeds and mobility scooters!

• Locked thread