Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
Strawhat LPing Demon's Souls? Where do I sign up?! This is going to be a great watch. Looking the hell forward to it, gentlemen. :jerky:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I half expected Travis to die to that blue-eyed knight. He can wreck your poo poo this early in the game. Granted, the red-eyed knight is significantly more of a threat, but he's not meant for you to deal with at this point anyway. He's just kind of there, something to make the player take notice of the area he's in.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
If I remember correctly, the red-eyed knight never respawns. It's one of the only enemies in the game that doesn't.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer

frozentreasure posted:

Nah, Red Knights respawn the same as everything else.

I stand corrected. For some reason I thought that one in particular didn't respawn, but it has been quite a while since I played through the game.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Heh. I remember later in Boletarian Palace, a lot of the enemies drop high level healing grass. I wound up carrying so many of them that grass alone was comprising a goodly chunk of my inventory weight limit.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
The thing about DS3's weapon upgrade situation is that it is really, really goddamn close to Bloodborne in terms of progress restriction. So unfortunately, Bloodborne's visual aesthetics aren't the only thing DS3 borrowed from it.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Stonefang is a real bastard if you haven't got that falchion from Shrine of Storms. It is pretty rich with upgrade materials though, so definitely recommended to visit it sooner rather than later. I forget though if you need to be carrying your materials with you in order for Ed to upgrade stuff, or if he'll just pull out of Thomas's storage box like Boldwin does.

Also for some reason I always thought the fat dudes were called Fat Ministers.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Oh, hey, it's Wayne! Hi, Wayne!

I legitimately did not know invaders could attack enemies in Demon's Souls. Of course, I only ever got invaded like... once.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Nah, he totally knew what he was getting into. He's a goon.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I don't suppose Jacob has Demon's Souls? I feel like he'd be fun to do a co-op LP with.

This whole section of the Tower of Latria is bullshit, by the way.

Edit: There is also Highwang... of course that goofball would be wearing the Xanthous Crown or whatever it is.

KeiraWalker fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Feb 3, 2017

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Valley of Defilement put me off to actually progressing in Demon's Souls for a few days. I eventually just put that whole area on the backburner until I'd done most everything else. It really is the worst part of the game.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I think the only game in which it's actually worth dual wielding is Dark Souls 2, provided you can powerstance the weapons. Otherwise the extra attack doesn't nearly make up for the increased stamina consumption. There are some edge cases where theoretically it would be useful to pair a big, heavy weapon with a lighter, faster weapon in the off-hand, or something of that nature. There are a couple weapons (such as the Uchigatana) that have altered attack patterns in the off hand, so those can also be used as a secondary with something else. There can also be benefits to having a weapon with a status buff of some kind equipped in your off hand, like the Enchanted Falchion for instance will regenerate your magic bar regardless of which hand you're holding it in.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
To be fair, that dragon will gently caress your poo poo up no matter how overleveled you are.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
This is a literal slog.

On the subject of Patches, I find it highly amusing that despite being such a huge dick at the outset, he's one of the best merchants in both Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, if you let him live. He's more of a twat in Bloodborne (and also a spider) and not a particularly useful merchant in DS3, but it's still worth befriending him for story purposes. I genuinely like the guy despite his murderous proclivities.

I think this might have come up when you saw Patches in Shrine of Storms, but there's been a lot of DeS/DkS LPs and they're all kind of blurring together in my mind a little bit now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I'm really tempted, but I couldn't get it to work in the last two Demon's Souls LPs I followed, so I can't imagine it'll work for this one.

• Locked thread