Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Nadal's pulled out of Queen's Club. Wondering if he's going to be at Wimbledon.

Josh Lyman posted:

The FO offers a 100% refund if there's less than 1 hour of play and a 50% refund is there's 1-2 hours.

Djokovic and RBA played for... 2 hours 1 minute.

What a loving scam.

They didn't even play for two hours. They let the clock run on while they were all arguing.

Sodium Chloride fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Jun 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Gasquet takes the 1st from Murray!!!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Gasquet won the 1st 7-5 after being down 2-5.

Gasquet went down 2-5 again in the 2nd and just tied it 5-5. :aaa:

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
Whoever comes out of this will probably get rolled over by Wawrinka, and if not then by Djokovic.

I'll take Gasquet in the final, though, as long as his opponent isn't Djokovic. Like... Gasquet v Thiem or something. I'd take that.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Total Gasquet meltdown. Some really good tennis throughout the match though.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Now this is the classic Gasquet everyone loves and hates.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
He's very good to watch when on form despite looking like he has weirdly short limbs.

e: this is brutal.

Chas McGill fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jun 1, 2016

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
I'm late to this tournament like the lovely casual I am.

Anyone know why Monfils didn't play?

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

He had a viral infection.

And you haven't missed much to be honest, tournament's mostly been kind of flat and uninspired. I'm hoping Goffin v Thiem lives up to its potential.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

oh did they not cancel it due to rain and no rafa + fed?

better look at the lineups and doze off

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Murray/Wawrinka will be an interesting semifinal.

And if Stan wins, a finals rematch with Nole would have crazy drama.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

I briefly switched to Chatrier and Berdych just looks old and beaten. I hope he drops out of the top 10 soon and a younger player takes his spot. It's time.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Holy poo poo Putinseva just took the 1st from Serena 7-5. :aaa:

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
She's playing well but I fully expect Serena to prevail. Serena is getting her act together now...

Much is being made of Djok's fixture congestion but his run to the final is piss easy. Hopefully whoever meets him actually puts up a good fight.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

The attendance is just shocking, I guess it must be the weather? Still, it's the semis of a slam and feels more like a random lower tier tournament that accidentally ended up on a huge court.

Must be nice to live in a slam city knowing it's no biggie, there's always next year.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Glare Seethe posted:

The attendance is just shocking, I guess it must be the weather? Still, it's the semis of a slam and feels more like a random lower tier tournament that accidentally ended up on a huge court.

Must be nice to live in a slam city knowing it's no biggie, there's always next year.
Apparently there's some flooding, but it's also cold and these tickets originally would've been for men's SF.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

They dropped the price to 20 Euros for Lenglen if the Djoko match isn't full then there's a massive problem.

I think it's the French crowd doing their 'gently caress this, gently caress you' routine.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Sodium Chloride posted:

They dropped the price to 20 Euros for Lenglen if the Djoko match isn't full then there's a massive problem.

I think it's the French crowd doing their 'gently caress this, gently caress you' routine.
They really should move the venue into the suburbs with more space because Parisians obviously don't give a gently caress.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Sodium Chloride posted:

Bad weather and transport strikes... not surprising.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
'mon Thiem

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Wawrinka and Murray starting. Should be crazy good.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Hopefully the Murray of the last 2 sets against Gasquet shows up, otherwise he's hosed

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Murray takes the first set 6-4. Very high standard of play so far, in particular Murray has been serving terrifically. Can see this being a classic if it goes 5.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Some of Andy's backhands have been truly beastly

e: 15 of the last 20 pts

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Disappointed in Stan, thought he would be more up for it.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

e: ^^ Stan is playing well, Murray is just better than him so far.

tanglewood1420 posted:

Can see this being a classic if it goes 5.

Or maybe not. Murray is playing tremendous tennis at the moment, Wawrinka is striking his forehand really well but Murray is just repelling it every time and counterattacking with drop shots and backhands and he has no answers.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Stan has hit some great forehands but he's getting frustrated now

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Stan is very negative at the moment. Even when he wins a good point he looks like someone stepped on his puppy.

On the other court Djokovic is well on the way to shooting the last zebra.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
He's playing better on his serve this set...

Murray is still serving as well as I've seen him though

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Chas McGill posted:

He's playing better on his serve this set...

Murray is still serving as well as I've seen him though

He is 100% in "gently caress it, I'm going for it every single shot whatever" mode.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
FFS andy

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Wasn't that an exciting ten minutes at the end of the third set... and then Stan immediately hands Andy a break.

Looks like we're getting another Djokovic/Murray match :suicide:

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Too stylish for this world...
Awesome, I can enjoy the nice weather on Sunday afternoon and not have to be disappointed about missing the probably boring grindfest that the final will be.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

If Murray and Muguruza both win the whole tournament will be redeemed. If they lose I'll consider this the worst slam since I started watching tennis (during Wimbledon 2009).

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Too stylish for this world...
The worst slam in recent memory for me was whatever US open loving Cilic won.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

charismaslover posted:

The worst slam in recent memory for me was whatever US open loving Cilic won.

I always forget he is a Grand Slam winner. Someone will bring it up in an article in the future, and it will surprise me again. Ah, yeah, him.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

That one also had Nishikori's gauntlet and Federer's comeback against Monfils, which were both memorable. So it has those going for it, at least.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
All slams won by Nadal are scientifically proven to suck rear end

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

I was really hoping for a rematch of last year but Stan couldn't pull it off. I'm not really sure I give a poo poo about the final to be honest. Sometimes Murray/Djokovic have a great match when they place, but it seems like most times it's just a boring inevitable Murray loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Women's final about to start! Garbine is likable enough, but really, anyone but Serena.

• Locked thread