Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

mvh6 posted:

Another elimination on top of those

BUSHI is also eliminated, since his maximum possible point now is 8, and he has the loss to Sydal who stands at 8 now.

Very surprised about this turn of events!

I didn't include him because it's technically possible for him to be involved in a 3-way tie where everyone involved has 1-1 records against the other people in the tie, but, yeah, that's a pretty minuscule chance we're looking at

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mvh6
May 29, 2016

Jenny Angel posted:

I didn't include him because it's technically possible for him to be involved in a 3-way tie where everyone involved has 1-1 records against the other people in the tie, but, yeah, that's a pretty minuscule chance we're looking at

Not to mention that scenario requires David Finlay to win his remaining two matches against Kyle O'Reilly & Matt Sydal as amusing as that would be.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Off day today. Tour resumes tomorrow with a Block B show that will be the last tape delayed one. The four league matches we'll be able to see at 11 PM Thursday are:

Volador Jr. [4] vs. Chase Owens [4]
Jushin Liger [4] vs. Tiger Mask [4]
Bobby Fish [4] vs. Will Ospreay [2]
Ricochet [6] vs. Beretta [4]

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I liked the Kushida-Taguchi match. Taguchi has looked good, what is his deal? Was he hurt or just never wrestled much?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jenkem Delivery posted:

I liked the Kushida-Taguchi match. Taguchi has looked good, what is his deal? Was he hurt or just never wrestled much?

He he probably broken down a bit because two years ago maybe, he had a serious injury hat kept him out. But since coming back from that injury he's gotten more gimmicky with his wrestling, focusing on comedy and rear end based offense. He's honestly really good and just been working a less impactful style that's sort of not that good.

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."
I died a little bit on the inside while watching him beat O'Riley.

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
So what are some of the better one cam gym matches this tourney? All I've seen is from Korakuen both nights.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Willninho posted:

So what are some of the better one cam gym matches this tourney? All I've seen is from Korakuen both nights.

I liked Trent vs Will Ospreay and Bobby Fish vs Ricochet from night 4 and Dave Finlay vs Kushida from night 5.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Taguchi was in the same dojo class as Nakamura if I remember correctly

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

We're entering into the home stretch now and all final four shows will be broadcast live and archived in full.

Tomorrow morning's show:

BOSJ Night 11
Korakuen Hall
5:30 EDT/10:30 BST

Tenzan, Ricochet and Volador Jr. vs. CHAOS (Ishii, Ospreay, and Beretta)
Nagata, Nakanishi, Liger, and TMIV vs. Shibata, Fish, Robinson, and White
David Finlay [2] vs. Kyle O'Reilly [6]
Rocky Romero [4] vs. Gedo [2]
Kojima, Elgin, Yoshitatsu, and Captain vs. Bullet Club (Omega, Fale, Yujiro, and Owens)
CHAOS (Okada, Goto, and YOSHI-HASHI) vs. L.I.J (Naito, SANADA, and EVIL)
Ryusuke Taguchi (8) vs. BUSHI (4)
KUSHIDA (6) vs. Matt Sydal (8)

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

It's looking like we could see a Sydal vs. Ricochet Final as Joe Lanza wanted or perhaps KUSHIDA losing in the Finals. Taguchi's really the only one of the four contenders that would surprise me at this point.

Saturday's an off day and the tournament resumes on Sunday with the final Block B only show set for 3:00 AM EDT/ 8:00 BST I'm definitely looking forward to Liger vs. Ospreay and Ricochet vs. Volador.

BOSJ Day 12
Sunday, June 5th
New Sunpia Takasaki
3:00 AM EDT/8:00 BST

Ryusuke Taguchi and Jay White vs. CHAOS (Rocky Romero and YOSHI-HASHI)
Nagata, Nakanishi, Tenzan, O'Reilly, and Finlay vs. Shibata, KUSHIDA, Sydal, Juice, and Captain
BOSJ Block B Match: TIger Mask [4] vs. Beretta [4]
BOSJ Block B Match:Jushin Liger [6] vs. Will Ospreay [4]
BOSJ Block B Match:Bobby Fish [4] vs. Chase Owens [4]
BOSJ Block B Match:Ricochet [8] vs. Volador Jr [6]
Kojima, Elgin, and Yoshitatsu vs. Bullet Club (Omega, Fale, and Yujiro)
CHAOS (Okada, Ishii, Goto, and Gedo) vs. L.I.J (Naito, SANADA, EVIL, and BUSHI)

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/738748591112474624

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/SenorLARIATO/status/738781126085476352

@DaveMeltzerWON posted:

Dave Meltzer Retweeted LARIATOOOOO!!!

So you've given all the results for the rest of the tournament

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Am I right in thinking we could theoretically have a 6-way tie for 1st place in Block A

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Oh my God, the skit before Romero vs. Gedo is amazing

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Jenny Angel posted:

Oh my God, the skit before Romero vs. Gedo is amazing

It continues into the match itself and the postmatch so make sure to watch all of it

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Is there any place with a highlight of the top matches? Only watched Ricochet/Ospreay so far.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Thauros posted:

BOSJ Day 12
Sunday, June 5th
New Sunpia Takasaki
3:00 AM EDT/8:00 BST

Ryusuke Taguchi and Jay White vs. CHAOS (Rocky Romero and YOSHI-HASHI)
Nagata, Nakanishi, Tenzan, O'Reilly, and Finlay vs. Shibata, KUSHIDA, Sydal, Juice, and Captain
BOSJ Block B Match: TIger Mask [4] vs. Beretta [4]
BOSJ Block B Match:Jushin Liger [6] vs. Will Ospreay [4]
BOSJ Block B Match:Bobby Fish [4] vs. Chase Owens [4]
BOSJ Block B Match:Ricochet [8] vs. Volador Jr [6]
Kojima, Elgin, and Yoshitatsu vs. Bullet Club (Omega, Fale, and Yujiro)
CHAOS (Okada, Ishii, Goto, and Gedo) vs. L.I.J (Naito, SANADA, EVIL, and BUSHI)

Show's starting! Take advantage of the Sunday date

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
holy hell kenny is feeling mouthy tonight

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Still working my way through the shows but why does BUSHI have 2 masks and how come Volador Jr. takes off his mask sometimes? He did it on day 4 I think.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Still working my way through the shows but why does BUSHI have 2 masks and how come Volador Jr. takes off his mask sometimes? He did it on day 4 I think.

Volador lost his mask in an apuestas match with Sombra during the main event of a CMLL Anniversary show a few years back. It's not unusual for wrestlers in his position when touring Japan to wear a mask at the beginning of a match before taking it off halfway through the match. Rey Cometa and iirc Ultimo Guerrero have done the same thing at Fantasticamania shows. Volador's even done the same thing in Mexico at a couple special matches like the main event of the Day of the Dead show last year.

BUSHI simply has adopted some cool entrance masks since turning heel. Why he hasn't adopted some of those for his regular mask instead of keeping the same basic design for the one he actually wrestles in I do not know.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jun 5, 2016

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Speaking of BUSHI, I'd just like to state how much more I apreciate the guy since turning rudo.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Oh, and I forgot to post the updated spreadsheet and card info here after I tweeted it out after the show:

Tomorrow morning's card is the last league day for both Blocks and will thus determine the two finalists who will be facing off a day later in the same arena:

NJPW BOSJ Day 13
Sendai Sunplaza Hall
Monday, June 6th

BOSJ Block B match: Jushin Liger [6] vs. Beretta [4]
BOSJ Block B match: Tiger Mask [6] vs. Bobby Fish [6]
BOSJ Block B match:Ricochet [8] vs. Chase Owens [4]
BOSJ Block B match:Volador Jr. [6] vs. Will Ospreay [6]
CHAOS (Okada Goto, YOSHI) vs. L.I.J (Naito, SANADA, and EVIL)
BOSJ Block A match:Kyle O'Reilly [8] vs. Rocky Romero [6]
BOSJ Block A match:David Finlay [2] vs. Matt Sydal [8]
BOSJ Block A match:Ryusuke Taguchi [8] vs. Gedo [2]
BOSJ Block A match:KUSHDIA [8] vs. BUSHI [6]

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Block B:

I think It's safe to say the Volador Jr/Will Ospreay match will decide the winner since it's going on last in the block. This means that Ricochet's getting upset by Owens since he'd win otherwise. We should be able to ascertain the winner based on the Fish/TMIV match due to tiebreakers. Fish would win a tiebreaker over Volador, Tiger Mask would win one over Ospreay and there's no way in hell either's winning the block.

This means that if Fish wins Ospreay's presumably going to beat Volador to advance and if Tiger Mask wins Volador's advancing instead.

Both Liger and Ricochet have lost to both Ospreay and Volador so there's no way Liger's advancing and Ricochet's out if he loses despite leading heading into the final Block night.

Block A:

thecubsfan already covered this after the last night in that block:

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/738748591112474624

Either Sydal or KUSHIDA winning wouldn't shock me. Gedo's def spoiling Taguchi though.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jun 5, 2016

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
Isn't Volador on 8 now though? If he wins, it doesn't matter what else happens.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
man I really wish I could stay up and watch this live, this tournament has been fantastic

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Thauros posted:

This means that Ricochet's getting upset by Owens since he'd win otherwise.

Like Druid said, Ricochet and Volador are on the same number of points right now, and Volador holds the tiebreaker. So Ricochet has to beat Owens and Volador has to lose to Ospreay for Ricochet to advance

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Thauros posted:

This means that Ricochet's getting upset by Owens since he'd win otherwise.

https://twitter.com/KingRicochet/status/739695240647303168

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

yeah, I hosed up somehow on Volador's points somehow despite having it correct on my spreadsheet.

Woke up a half hour late but It's on Owens/Ricochet now!

English commentary is available today and tomorrow.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Lmao the finals are real dumb.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

KungFu Grip posted:

Lmao the finals are real dumb.

Taguchi has been a pleasant surprise during this tournament and I get not doing gaijin vs. gaijin but Inwpuldve went with BUSHI. He deserves a push and there would've been a lot more suspense

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

All the guys in that block and Taguchi wins lol. That's so dumb.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

taguchi owns now, actually

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

oatgan posted:

taguchi owns now, actually

Even if you actually believe that, O'Reilly, Sydal, or Kushida would all get a better and more interesting match out of Ospreay

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I have faith in the funky weapon and you should too!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

would have preferred if sydal won the whole thing but i dont need to see ospreay/kushida three times in two months or kyle/kushida again for a while

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

oatgan posted:

would have preferred if sydal won the whole thing but i dont need to see ospreay/kushida three times in two months or kyle/kushida again for a while

Right, but if Ospreay's winning the tournament at least have Kyle come out of A block because he's excellent at bullying fliers and making them look amazing

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Finals are tomorrow morning starting at 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST. This has been a terrific BOSJ but the card for the finals is a little underwhelming compared to last year's that had cool cross block singles matches.

BOSJ Finals
Tuesday June 7th
Sendai Sunplaza Hall

Jay White vs. David Finlay
Yoshitatsu and Captain New Japan vs Bullet Club (Yujiro Takahashi and Chase Owens)
Yuji Nagata and Manabu Nakanishi vs. Katsuyori Shibata and Juice Robinson
Tenzan and reDRagon vs. CHAOS (Ishii and RPG Vice)
KUSHIDA, Ricochet, and Sydal vs. Liger, TMIV, and Volador Jr.
Michael Elgin and Satoshi Kojima vs. Bullet Club (Kenny Omega and Bad Luck Fale)
CHAOS (Okada, Goto, YOSHI, and Gedo) vs. L.I.J (Naito, SANADA, EVIL, and BUSHI)
BOSJ XXIII Finals:Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Will Ospreay

Grozz Nuy posted:

Right, but if Ospreay's winning the tournament at least have Kyle come out of A block because he's excellent at bullying fliers and making them look amazing

They probably wanted to avoid gaijin vs. gaijin, but yeah that would've been a better match: I would've picked BUSHI as there would've been genuine suspense in the finals.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Taguchi fuckin killed it in his block but I really think O'Reilly or Sydal should have won. I was way more into Block A until the final night when Ospreay's come from behind win became the big story to me. Part of that was realizing that too many things had to fall in place for either of my guys to win the block. Still got some great matches and Volador didn't win (he does nothing for me), so I can't complain.

Hopefully the Funky Weapon has one more good match in him this tournament because Ospreay deserves a big match for his tournament win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."
Ugh, Taguchi. God save the queen! :britain:

• Locked thread