Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flerp
Feb 25, 2014
hi im in i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
confirming that cartoons are for children

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcY_ueiKy5w&ab_channel=HandsDown1001

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Infinitum posted:

Kind of a boring arse D1 here fellas

ur a boring rear end d1

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Infinitum posted:

My rear end is supple and toned, thank you very much.

:buttfame:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Jimson posted:

Sundays are busy for me gonna read through and effort post soon.

im excited

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
jimson is p much the worst and makes every mafia game terrible ##vote jimson

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
as much as i hate jimson i think turboing him (and turboing in general) is a bad idea

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i was the second you ding dong

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Moatillata posted:

I don't know man, I normally really trust paulmabey:s stellar reviews.

Finally got to see this film after wanting to for ages because I'm a huge Nick Frost fan (although admittedly mainly through Spaced and Shaun of the dead).
I would have put money on me loving this film. What wasn't to love for a bloke in his 20's – monsters/aliens, groups with weapons working together (The warriors anyone?!) and of course Nick Frost.
Well, I'll tell you the reason why I hated it – because the characters we were meant to love were essentially scumbags. Being a secondary school teacher it is depressing how often I see and hear teenagers acting hard, wearing hoods and trackies (even if it's 30degrees!, using ridiculous and often rude language and generally lacking basic morals and respect. And now here is a film that not only expects us to identify and go on a journey with these characters but also glorifies them!
My hesitation began in the opening scene when they pulled a knife whilst mugging a woman and seemed to have nothing but contempt for her. I thought to myself 'Hmmm, that's quite extreme as I thought we were going to like these guys?' Now that would have been OK if the story had quickly unfolded that it was just a big front and they were actually quite nice and don't really like hurting people they just do it as they don't know any better, but this wasn't the case. It clumsily seemed to try to swing it this way with some of the characters (the one with glasses seemed particularly easy to like), but most of them continued to be little scrotes if I'm honest.
The way the police were viewed and portrayed I thought was pretty disgraceful and again painted an image that it was cool to hate the police.
Probably the biggest let down was that I suddenly realised near the end of the film that I hadn't actually laughed once. A couple, and I mean a couple, of moments of light relief from Frost was about all I smiled at. I also thought the development of the characters was poor or almost non existent, especially the token weed smoking posh white boy who for me added nothing.
To the films credit I thought it was shot well, the monsters were good (in a budget/cult like way) and most of the acting was good, although it seemed to try far too hard to make them all use the teenage 'buzz' words constantly. Probably why the one liners failed to work IMO. It was bare annoying.
The sad thing is I can see some of the kids I teach watching this and wanting to be just like them. At least the worst thing I'd have been likely to say at their age would have been "I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"!

same

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

dongsbot 9000 posted:

I suppose a typo is a slip of sorts.

slip?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
slorp

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
slyp

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i dont think

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
jesus christ infinitum wtf was that? it just felt so desperate, grasping at any little thing to not be first day lynch

##vote infinitum

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

wow

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

dongsbot 9000 posted:

do u guys think li dawny is a scum who was told to bus infi in scumdoc

that would be extremely messed up

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

dongsbot 9000 posted:

do u guys think flerp is scum

no evidence just that flerp is always scum even when hes town

flerp posted:

that would be extremely messed up

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
idk why i didnt see that post earlier

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
idk i think ur supposed to at least post

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
really thisll be the easiest game for the mafia

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
oh nice

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i really dont understand

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
you claimed scum how can you not be scum im so vry confused

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
this game of mafia has so many twists and turns

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
its kinda weird that cpig was sitting at -1 and nobody hammered though. youd think scum would jump on that easy turbo

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

PBS Newshour posted:

in a doc or third party or strong town pr

not role fishing at all

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
hey what are you doing here why are you playing mafia

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

PBS Newshour posted:

I am going to go watch some gundam don't like turbo me or anything because that would be a bad move

ok have fun man

##vote pbs

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
nice meltdown

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
legit though i dont rly know what the gently caress is going on nobody has anything

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

:siren: GUESS WHAT! :siren:

Tomorrow (IRL day, not game day) at 1pm EST, I will be holding *an event*

Hopefully this will encourage some participation from people who are currently being lame.

exciting

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

dongsbot 9000 posted:

it was me who did the alias but before you ask i did it for the lols

hmmmm

ill allow it

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
the lols r good enough 4 me

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

CapitalistPig posted:

I don't have a job or money :(

get one or both imho

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Murmur Twin posted:

Flerp would be my second pick for scum with the caveat that I don't think we've ever played together and I'm not sure if his posting this game is par for the course. With the exception of the hammer on infinitum I haven't really seen anything in the way of an opinion about who scum might be, and usually when I see people justifying their not having an opinion they're usually scum.

Flerp - is your vote on PBS serious? If so, why do you think she's scum? If not, you is your strongest suspect right now?

not super serious when i posted it and i dont think pbs is scum rn. that might change but ##unvote for now. also yeah ive been shitposting a lot my b.

so for content - the people im most worried about are those that jumped onto the cpig self vote, who are TNL, MMT, peramene, and AR. i think cpig is town because as scum that seems like a really dumb and terrible thing to self vote and as a town thing it actually created some discussion. this is also the place where theres actual substance rather than just baseless speculation on posts and stuff.

TNL is hard to say, they come in and vote for cpig quick without much else. feels opportunistic without any defense of his vote or anything. i really want them to come in and explain themselves rather than just dropping in every once in a while and putting in a single low content post and dropping out. lurky scum is possible.

MMT im worried about the most based off of the voting. is the third vote which is kind of that sweet spot from being an early joke vote into making something more legitimate. after a while, MMT is the first to drop off after being very quick to get onto the vote. it's like she was trying to start the bandwagon and then once realizing that the bandwagon really wasnt going to pan out for her so she decided to cover her bases and back off. also her explanation is "oh you said you were town that def means your town" which is dumb imho. based off of just the voting for cpig mmt has me the most worried.

pera i'm not really sure about. i feel like they are legit a newbie from their posting but that doesnt mean theyre not scum. the vote comes in to a time where i feel like another scum buddy help start the bandwagon then pera jumps in and try to reinforce the bandwagon. also she deliberately says shes voting with mmt... im not really sure what that tells us. i dont think as scum theyd do esp if its a newbie scum. so pera might not be scum if mmt is scum, or pera might be trying to buddy up with somebody so that when they flip scum eventually it looks rly bad on them. idk this is all wifom anywyas. pera im not sure about and their other posts just scream newbie to me, but not newbie town or newbie scum in either direction.

AR comes in and votes and that's it. like, even less so then TNL it was literally just the post. that's not a lot to go off of. AR hasnt been posting a lot in general which is kind of suspicious because usually hes quite an active poster but this game is very slow so maybe thats not suspect for this game in particular. hell, it's very hard to go through the posts and find anything that stands out super hard. he looks better than TNL imho just because he actually posted later while TNL has just been sitting on his rear end.

of course, im really not gonna be surprised to see one of the big lurkers like jimson or chic turn out to be scum as well and really theyre not helping town by not being present and not voting. i dont think they should be lynched imo or if they do, it should be near the end of the day so we at least use our day and have a discussion.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Murmur Twin posted:

Sorry folks, I had real life stuff going on today. Didn't mean to leave people hanging on the edges of their seats!

That's all fair enough - I acknoweldge that I opened the day with a vote on you (for not casing people + not being involved in the Infi vote), and after seeing the day play out I'm more leaning town. I think PBS is wrong about pera who reads completely like "newbie town frustrated that people don't believe her".

You think it's scummy that I opened up with a vote on my candidate #2 after my candidate #1 was found out to be scum? :crossarms: And then that I didn't continue to case a player who hasn't posted anything while simutaneously asking the mod if they're going to be modkilled? What exactly about those moves do you not think a town player would do?

That's a fake opinion. ##vote TNL And since I'm sure you're going to follow up with an accusation of OMGUS, I promise I would think that case was fake no matter who you made it on.

I'm re-reading the game before hitting the hay tonight and should be around all day tomorrow.

this is a good case on tnl.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
tnl should post now because hes looking super bad, even worse than chic and jimson imho

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
hi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

dongsbot 9000 posted:

flerp will hammer i believe in flerp

i wont let you down piggie ##vote TNL

• Locked thread