Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
This is the, what, third or fourth attempt at an LP of this game now? :v:

I remember that the first thread made me get and play through the game myself, and while the most of the characters and their interactions are nothing to write home about, i can say that the 'antagonist' (spoilers, there's an antagonist) is really friggin good at making you hate him and everything he does.

edit: You're off to a good start already by just ripping the portraits straight from the DS rom. Saves a lot of hassle with screenshot cropping, i bet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SystemLogoff posted:

I want to talk more, but I know the plot.

I should draw something.

Draw a circle with the pen.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
A bigass newspaper and white gloves, huh? Way to make yourself stand out, idiot.

No one wears gloves in a cafe

edit: There's also a pretty good retsupurae of Shadow of Destiny, or whatever you call it. Makes the game hilarious: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLo4M1tlpv9rupsbxLuYHnfJ7oW3d5R05r

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jun 7, 2016

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Glazius posted:

I was going to bust out with this big dramatic speech about how you go your entire life without ever hitting time travelers, but then I realized, if you couldn't, and you met them, would you ever know?

Only if the time traveller explicitly wants to show you that they do, i guess.

I actually just rewatched the first episode of the retsupurae Shadows of Destiny playthrough, and i was wrong: It doesn't make the game hilarious, the game already was.
Eike is just about the biggest idiot ever gifted with time travel powers. I mean, Ethan sure isn't the most efficient problem solver given what he can do, but he's a regular Stephen Hawking compared to Eike. (Also Ethan tries to prevent the death of others, while Eike just tries to prevent his own death)

if you don't believe me, just watch the last 90 seconds of the first video, from 40:10 in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBBUQPn3dyU&t=2410s

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Just keep them. What's a time-traveling teenager that doesn't use his powers to play a prank or two on his friends?

I mean, what's the worst that could happen?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Brerose posted:

Give back the glasses. Emily's going to need those, and we're arguably her friend anyways. Besides, what the heck would we get out of keeping them?

Additional game content :v:

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It was probably like 20 voiced lines tops per character. As far as we know, they could've recorded that at home and sent it via mail to the localization guys. It probably wasn't too expensive to get those on board.

(It's not like the DS sound resolution lets you hear the difference between a decent desktop mic and a studio mic)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Sooo, if you get unstuck in time when you step through a portal and stop aging, and using the pen makes you age, i see a bit of potential exploitation going on there

• Locked thread