Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I translated this game way back in '07 and '08, and while I enjoyed it very much at the time and bought a copy for myself when it came out, I never could bring myself to play it through (which happens a lot). I'm looking forward to doing it vicariously; thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

There are some weird-rear end names in here for the sake of the theme. I remember trying to use some names that were a little more normal, but they got changed along the way. It's easier to pull off in Japanese.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

SSNeoman posted:

Was the text this awkward in the original Japanese version? "Yeah dawg, I think I get what you're talking about. It's Parallel World theory. Anyhow gently caress off I have my own problems without your bullshit."
I just checked, and: yes. :negative:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I just checked my file, and it turns out I'd marked in red that line about the cop and included a note saying it was unclear, because Aaron sure didn't seem like a police officer, and was it possible there was a cop onscreen he was referring to that I couldn't see (working only from the text)? Apparently no one noticed or cared. :/

Edit for Japanese speakers: The line was え? って......あの人は警察だろ?

Hirayuki fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jun 19, 2016

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

alcharagia posted:

Now it's time for Revenge Part Deux -- Revenge: The Return!
It's pretty goofy in the Japanese, too. You can tell he's really hamming it up there.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Cyouni posted:

Ben: I just kinda wanted to see him, and since we don't have school today... This whole Ashley thing must be really rough on him.
: !!!
: Wh-what Ashley and Emily thing...? (The past--it keeps changing and changing! Rats!)

This is not a transcription error. I'd bet Emily was mentioned in Ben's sentence as well, but that got cut for some reason that shouldn't be space. There are longer lines.
Exactly right. The Japanese in both lines says essentially "Ashley et al.," and someone further down the localization pike took the "and Emily" bit out of Ben's line and didn't think to remove it from Ethan's reply. :sigh: I can't think why, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I still don't know what the hell is going on in this game, but that's down to me and my genetic incompatibility with most time-travel plots--especially when they're as convoluted as this one. It was still fun following along with the very well-done LP, though; thanks!

• Locked thread