Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

If Voyager was just a poo poo show nobody would care about it so much, the thing that drove every Trek fan up the wall was that it started out with a brilliant loving premise and setup that then instantly got pissed away so they could just alternate between rehashing TNG scripts and doing stupid ratings stunts for Paramount's abortion of a TV network.

That's fair, but one you hit season 4 there are more good episodes per season than terrible ones. If I were making a list of 10 best Trek episodes, there would have to be an episode or two from Voyager. The only one I can think of without looking through a list is Blink of an Eye , which would have been a great episode in any of the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

criscodisco posted:

That's fair, but one you hit season 4 there are more good episodes per season than terrible ones. If I were making a list of 10 best Trek episodes, there would have to be an episode or two from Voyager. The only one I can think of without looking through a list is Blink of an Eye , which would have been a great episode in any of the series.

Threshold.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

psychokitty posted:

I LOVE VOYAGER AND I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT AND THINKS I'M WRONG

when trump is president we're going to open reeducation camps facilities to help you poor people

blowfish posted:

Threshold.

for example, a sensory deprivation chamber blasting this into your skull for a few days

ANIME IS BLOOD fucked around with this message at 21:02 on May 25, 2016

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

blowfish posted:

Threshold.

Yeah, that's a good one

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
It really made me think you know

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Like in star trek 3, if scotty hadn't broken the engines everyone on the Excelsior would have turned into a lizard and started to gently caress each other

tRIDAV
Jul 10, 2001

Oh, cruel fates, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee.

Is that the warp 10 where Paris and Janeway lizardfuck? I'm not wasting bytes on google for this garbage.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

tRIDAV posted:

Is that the warp 10 where Paris and Janeway lizardfuck? I'm not wasting bytes on google for this garbage.

Actually, it was salamander sex :colbert:

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

tRIDAV posted:

Somewhere in here Kate Mulgrew describes it as "Janeway and Paris in a turbolift" and "the nadir"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKkCbpAWKZk

I love the voyager cast cause they rag on that show more beautifully than anyone

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

whoflungpoop posted:

I love the voyager cast cause they rag on that show more beautifully than anyone

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G0D9C5R4kTc

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

blowfish posted:

Actually, it was salamander sex :colbert:

Scientifically it was Amphibian Anal.

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

I'm not a baby I'm a man! An Anchorman!
This was a bad show but the cast seemed to really enjoy themselves. Especially that Chakotay guy.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Pindakaas posted:

This was a bad show but the cast seemed to really enjoy themselves. Especially that Chakotay guy.

It's funny when you consider everyone on ds9 hated each other

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Except when they were inseminating one another.

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
I love how 8472 was such a knockoff of the Vorlons from b5. They didn't even try to hide it with the ship design.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

beltrollin

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

lol is he drunk or high or what

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Hector Beerlioz posted:

What's this? Avery Brooks was pretty eccentric, but I didn't know the rest hated each other.

Automatic Slim fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Apr 22, 2022

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!

Automatic Slim posted:

What's this? Avery Brooks was pretty eccentric, but I didn't know the rest hated each other. Outside of insemination.

Well Bashir and Kira dated IRL. So did worf and Jadzia. I think it had something to do with that. I think brooks was racist or so people claimed anyway.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Sisko had a strange way of speaking. Weird pauses and emphasis

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

oldpainless posted:

Sisko had a strange way of speaking. Weird pauses and emphasis

That's. Why. Captain. KIRK. Will. Always. Be. The. Best. Captain.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

:heysexy:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

barrel should say "coffee beans" immersion loving ruined

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
[coffee joke]

Volcott fucked around with this message at 08:46 on May 26, 2016

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Man, I spent all my latinum down at engineering last night :(

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

rocket_man38 posted:

Well Bashir and Kira dated IRL. So did worf and Jadzia. I think it had something to do with that. I think brooks was racist or so people claimed anyway.

She started out with Brooks (Sisko) then hooked up with Siddig (Bashir), so that might have been a source of tension on set as well.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I wish Nana Visitor was my girlfriend

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Blistex posted:

She started out with Brooks (Sisko) then hooked up with Siddig (Bashir), so that might have been a source of tension on set as well.

Didn't know Vistor and Brooks had a thing. Knew she and Siddig had a kid. Terry Farrell quit after season six and ended up marrying the Sprint PCS guy.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Nevermind.

Automatic Slim fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Apr 22, 2022

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
still hot

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Still hot and has TV acting credits stretching back to the 1970s. So probably wealthy too with all those small residual checks coming in. Every time someone bedridden watches a certain episode of Doogie Howser, Hunter or Empty Nest, Nana gets paid.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
oh my god the episode where in their Lust For Coffee they accidentally bust open an enormous intergalactic organism's skin and then decide they have to go back in in there and fix it is ridiculous but somehow boring at the same time

Neelix the waaaaacky furry guy remarks how stupid it is at multiple points in the episode and I'm like "yeah that's right Comedy Relief Character this is dumb as hell"

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Monkey Fracas posted:

oh my god the episode where in their Lust For Coffee they accidentally bust open an enormous intergalactic organism's skin and then decide they have to go back in in there and fix it is ridiculous but somehow boring at the same time

Neelix the waaaaacky furry guy remarks how stupid it is at multiple points in the episode and I'm like "yeah that's right Comedy Relief Character this is dumb as hell"

my favorite is an early episode (maybe the second or third episode?) when the doctor's all "i need to talk to the captain"

"oh uh the captain's missing"

"the captain... is missing... *sigh* seems this really is the voyage of the damned."

Vakal
May 11, 2008
The entire series should have been from the Doctor's point of view. Every episode stats with him just trying to figure out what colossal gently caress up they activated him for and then getting turned off at the end. Hard cut to black screen credits every show.

Then the finale episode they finally get back to Earth and the Doc realizes how out of date and obsolete he is compared to the latest models starfleet has made and he asks to be turned off forever like Bishop in Alien 3.

Vakal fucked around with this message at 17:41 on May 26, 2016

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Vakal posted:

The entire series should have been from the Doctor's point of view. Every episode stats with him just trying to figure out what colossal gently caress up they activated him for and then getting turned off at the end.

I liked the one that took place 1000 years in the future and he had to convince a museum curator the voyager crew weren't Nazis

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Vakal posted:

The entire series should have been from the Doctor's point of view. Every episode stats with him just trying to figure out what colossal gently caress up they activated him for and then getting turned off at the end. Hard cut to black screen credits every show.

Then the finale episode they finally get back to Earth and the Doc realizes how out of date and obsolete he is compared to the latest models starfleet has made and he asks to be turned off forever like Bishop in Alien 3.

Yeah I agree fully, if anything the main fault with Voyager was not enough Robert Picardo on screen. They really dropped the ball there with that stretch of um, two epsidoes in the whole run of seasons 5, 6 and 7.

Make the opening of each episode of him caught nel canto while you are at it. The maybe a mid-ep break fireside chat where Robert Picardo de-rezes the holomatrix and takes a minute to sit with you over a warm cup of Inaprovaline.

Thanks, Rick Berman.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

shadow puppet of a posted:

Yeah I agree fully, if anything the main fault with Voyager was not enough Robert Picardo on screen. They really dropped the ball there with that stretch of um, two epsidoes in the whole run of seasons 5, 6 and 7.

Unironically this

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

treiz01 posted:

Nine pages in and no one has, as far as I know, mentioned the best thing to come out of Voyager:

Aww yusss.

Seriously though, this game was a ton of fun, I spent way too much time playing its deathmatch and you bet your sweet bippy I bought a boxed copy of the expansion pack!

Specialties and Disintegration owned so loving much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I liked the add on where you just wander around the ship and talk to people