Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

criscodisco posted:

Pretty sure that was Enterprise. You're in the wrong thread.

Ah, crap, you're right.

I was thinking of aliens turning the ship into a giant holo-deck and then role-playing as Nazis with the Voyager crew as victims. Because, naturally, that did happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Which episode was that? I remember the one where Tuvok had made a holodeck program stimulating a mutiny on board, and the one where Species 8472 made a replica Starfleet Academy to practice taking over Earth, but not nazis.

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Warp particles!

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

criscodisco posted:

Which episode was that? I remember the one where Tuvok had made a holodeck program stimulating a mutiny on board, and the one where Species 8472 made a replica Starfleet Academy to practice taking over Earth, but not nazis.

I just did a little resarach. It's called The Killing Game: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0394913/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

The epsioded really has it all: Aliens, Nazis and aliens posing as Nazis. Actually, I might just watch that one again tonight.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

genesplicer posted:

No, illustration/design. He did most of the ships/interiors in voyager, as well as the displays. He got his Emmy for Carl Sagan's "Cosmos".

You know Rick Sternbach? :monocle:

And honestly, yeah the writing was dogshit most of the time, but Voyager really was very competently produced.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Remember that one episode where Vorik got pon far, bit B'Lanna making her super horny and the Doctor told Tom the only way to save her was to gently caress her in a cave infront of others? That was a good episode.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
why the hell are there new star treks. You nerds got both Shatner and Sir Patrick Steward

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

VectorSigma posted:

i made up lyrics to the voyager theme here goes

star trek voyager is the worst show ever
it's really dumb
it's stupid dumb
really dumb, it's bad

star trek voyager is star trek for retards
it really sucks
like really sucks, it's bad

it's really really really bad, oh it's bad
my god it's bad, it's so bad, so bad, so

star trek voyager is about to start now
so poo poo your pants
you stupid jerk, it's bad

:five:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Voyager should have been the Equinox.
Those poor bastards had it tough in the Delta Quadrant, and Janeway had to be high and mighty about the loving Prime Directive.
Bitch, you hosed up the Ocampa homeworld forever within the first day arriving there and then you hosed up leaving them to the space hillbilly Kazons.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
It was nice of them to let Harry sit in on the senior staff meetings

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
The thing is, everything happened to Harry on that show. I don't know why, or who decided these things, but Harry was the go-to for awful poo poo is gonna go down.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Ibogaine posted:

Ah, crap, you're right.

I was thinking of aliens turning the ship into a giant holo-deck and then role-playing as Nazis with the Voyager crew as victims. Because, naturally, that did happen.

That was a cool episode imo.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Hector Beerlioz posted:

It was nice of them to let Harry sit in on the senior staff meetings

At the back usually.
A computer program and a non-starfleet shoeless space hobo got seats closer to the Captain than Harry did.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I like the scene in which Tuvok fantasized about killing Neelix.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

fun fact, the guy who made these comics lived in an abandoned warehouse and burned all the books he made from a kickstarter because he was made about having work for a living because capitalism. i think he might be dead or in a mental hospital now

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

Powercrazy posted:

That was a cool episode imo.
It was. Nazis (including the Nazi timeline) and Star Trek go together like strawberries and cream.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

The Sphinxster posted:

Every time travel story is poo poo

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

In thirty years, time travel stories will feature the Iraq war.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

dog buttz posted:

In thirty years, time travel stories will feature the Iraq war.

Not really, mostly because Iraq wasn't that big of a society changer that people think it was. Politically, it was just an extension of the Bush era "red-vs.-blue" politics, and, in the rest of the world, American imperialist policies, for lack of a better term.

In fact, it's probably more apt to say that time travel stories will feature 9/11, just because of all the stuff that sprang from that, Iraq war included.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
the Prime Directive has never been internally consistent

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Hi I'm from Section Eight

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

im from sextion 69

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Janeway refuses help from a god to get her people home.
Sisko enlists a murderer to assassinate a senator to trick his species into joining a galactic war and throws his self respect in he gutter for the greater good.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Arcsquad12 posted:

Sisko enlists a murderer to assassinate a senator to trick his species into joining a galactic war and throws his self respect in he gutter for the greater good.

star trek is stupid as hell

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

Sisko > Janeway

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Janeway>Picard

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

fist4jesus posted:

Voyager was bad, but lets not forget ds9s black rights time travel bullshit epps. Partically the waaaa i wanna write scifi one.

That's one of the better episodes, gently caress you.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

criscodisco posted:

Janeway>Picard

I never new how much I could hate someone

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
i like emperor palpatine the most

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Shaquin posted:

:wtc:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Shaquin posted:

he's better than loving Janeway

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
im also fond of chowbaccar

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Shaquin I'm gonna have to ask you to leave

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Shaquin I'm gonna have to ask you to leave

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
dont question my cred here ive seen a lot of these star wars and even saw total recall one time im an authority on this art form

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
as a teen i had sexual fantasies involving 7-of-9

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Shaquin posted:

dont question my cred here ive seen a lot of these star wars and even saw total recall one time im an authority on this art form

whay art assahple

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

as a teen i had sexual fantasies involving 7-of-9

No one on that show attracted me. Now Hoshi on Enterprise. Also Ezri on DS9...

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I liked the Klingon/Human chick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Arcsquad12 posted:

I always liked how she seemed bipolar being hopelessly idealistic in some episodes but then in later episodes acting really ruthless.

Then going back to being idealistic and turning down help to get home faster.