Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The Bajorans, as a race, were really unlikable. The Kai's were annoying. Kira was hot as gently caress but a man hating bitch and super quick to overreact to everything. Then Coolass Dukat glides his way in smiling and friendly but also letting you know he wasn't gonna be pushed around. His reasoning is sound, he doesn't get emotional, he's almost certainly packing a big dick, it's no wonder people saw it Dukats way

Plus Garak was cool as gently caress.

What I'm saying here is the Cardassians were the best drat characters in the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Blistex posted:

Pretty much! They didn't like grace park because she was too dark, and her eyebrows were too big, and her nose was too big, and her chin was too big. . . etc. They didn't like Linda Park because her head and nose were too big and her body was too flat.
Good to know s korea is full of goons as well

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I wish Hoshi was my empress

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
If i was a federation citizen and i could do anything i wanted to do with my life i would definitely choose to be a waiter in 10 forward.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I would be washing dishes at Joseph Sisko's restaurant.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I would be a professional restaurant patron.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

oldpainless posted:

What I'm saying here is the Cardassians were the best drat characters in the show.

Pretty much this!

I challenge anyone to find a Cardi in DS9 that was not in one way or another awesome. (actual characters, not extras with 1 line).

Dukat, Garek, Damar, Tain, The one that tried to bang O'Brien, etc... Generally speaking, I think that the Cardassians were the best characters in TNG/Voyager as well.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Look at you glamour boys. I'd load and shift cargo by hand in a windowless warehouse section of a ship in constant peril of being blown up along the Romulan neutral zone.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Waiter at 10 forward is cool because you get to be on the federation flagship and go to cool planets and poo poo without having real responsibilities

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Blistex posted:

I challenge anyone to find a Cardi in DS9 that was not in one way or another awesome. (actual characters, not extras with 1 line).

This. Even though the Cardassian Lawyer was not up to par with Klingon Lawyer, it was a good showing.

And for the record even the one line extras were pretty good. Like that camp guard to manged to perfectly convey Cardassian malicious-evil by insist a captive Kira "needs discipline" from the rescue Lee Nolis episode. Few other races could go zero-to-sixty repulsive like a horny Cardassian.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

BattleMaster posted:

My favourite part of DS9 is that they had to start writing Gul Dukat as an insane madman because Marc Alaimo is so charismatic that people actually believed Dukat's bullshit.

Also so charismatic that at least some of the DS9 writers were seriously considering having Dukat and Kira somehow wind up in a consensual relationship (or at least a consensual bang session).

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I think Kira/Dukat would make sense

Females like to be dominated and occupying a planet and killing its people is the ultimate domination.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I think I'll be a starship barber

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I think I'll be a starship barber

"A bald captain. . . gently caress me!"

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Typical Pubbie posted:

lol is this really true? I figured it was just Ronald D. Moore being his usual lovely self ruining good characters with bullshit plots.

During the episode "Descent", Dukat starts to lose it following the death of his daughter. He starts seeing visions of the DS9 station crew and the Cardassian and Dominion commanders all mocking him for his failures. He keeps Sisko alive because he is so desperate for somebody to validate his insane ideas, and beats the poo poo out of him when Sisko refutes his claims.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5fIqJZsQlU

This episode should have been where Dukat's story ended, but he was so popular that they brought him back. But there was nothing to do with his character, so they turned him into an internet troll mocking Kira and then turning him into a satan demon.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Arcsquad12 posted:

This episode should have been where Dukat's story ended, but he was so popular that they brought him back. But there was nothing to do with his character, so they turned him into an internet troll mocking Kira and then turning him into a satan demon.
You forget he also became a Kai-fucker.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It was cool when Dukat led a cult of bajorans and cucked them

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

cheerfullydrab posted:

Voyager: The Accurate Edition is a series of fan-edited Voyager episodes where they've taken shots of the ship floating in space or something and edited in a swarm of shuttles flying around like the vipers during combat scenes in BSG.

If this were actually a thing all the technobabble dialog should just be in silent looks.

They pull up to some anomaly. Tuvok looks concerned. Janeway turns around in her chair. Harry looks surprised. Janeway looks at Chakotay. Chakotay shrugs. Everyone is hitting buttons. Roll Credits.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Typical Pubbie posted:

lol is this really true? I figured it was just Ronald D. Moore being his usual lovely self ruining good characters with bullshit plots.

Yeah it came up in usenet posts of the day and so Dukat was made into a gibbering raving maniac, which I think was a mistake but whatever

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
My favorite Dukat moment is when he showed up in The Naked Gun 33 & 1/3

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Big Mean Jerk posted:

"What do you mean no?"

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

oldpainless posted:

The Bajorans, as a race, were really unlikable. The Kai's were annoying. Kira was hot as gently caress but a man hating bitch and super quick to overreact to everything. Then Coolass Dukat glides his way in smiling and friendly but also letting you know he wasn't gonna be pushed around. His reasoning is sound, he doesn't get emotional, he's almost certainly packing a big dick, it's no wonder people saw it Dukats way

Plus Garak was cool as gently caress.

Garak was the best part of DS9.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Crowsbeak posted:

Garak was the best part of Star Trek.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Garak brings a lot to the table.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

The Sphinxster posted:

Garak brings a lot to the table.

Someone post that gif of Sisko throwing Garak over a table

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

criscodisco posted:

Meanwhile, in the TNG finale All Good Things..., the future ships were cruising around at warp 13, and no one was a lizard.

Maybe it happens and nobody really cares

Like every other captain is all "yeah I remember my first Threshold experience, that was one crazy egg clutch!"

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i watched about half of threshold. It was cool that Neelix solved their problems with an anecdote and within 5 minutes Paris is crying to Janeway about how his dad told him he would do something special and everyone did and now he was just a loser and its not fair and he should fly the ship :qq:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

BattleMaster posted:

Yeah it came up in usenet posts of the day and so Dukat was made into a gibbering raving maniac, which I think was a mistake but whatever

His turn to a gibbering maniac was terrific, but everything afterwards with him is really bad. Like he calls up Kira on DS9 from god knows where to shout "hey, just so you know, I hosed your mother, k thanks bye!"

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
I kind of liked him as Jim Jones.

Crowsbeak fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jun 2, 2016

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Damar does wine commercials now

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Also Garak was the killer from Dirty Harry

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

And of course ripped apart by Pinhead

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

oldpainless posted:

And of course ripped apart by Pinhead

He escaped once, I'm sure that's how he got on DS9

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Also Garak was the killer from Dirty Harry

Dukat was in the last Dirty Harry movie as a Mafia bodyguard.

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Wasn't there a whole series of these?

This video has some good stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQVc79FE5Bo

Also some good comments:

quote:

lol goons are fat and ugly and their gay website hasnt been funny since 2001

Six months ago

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Wowbagger2004 posted:

Also some good comments:

Checks out.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Wowbagger2004 posted:

This video has some good stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQVc79FE5Bo

Also some good comments:

Yeah the further we get from 2001 the less and less our 9/11 jokes are funny

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
Dukat was right.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Roylicious posted:

Dukat was right.

He was wrong about Kai Winn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The Sphinxster posted:

He was wrong about Kai Winn

But he was so very right that Adami needed a stealth-running Cardassin dick in her life.