Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

corn in the bible posted:

does john landis count as a helicopter parent

holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
garak is from deep space nine, so

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
my mother actually never liked deep space 9 on the whole, so she'd watch through the credits and if it had andrew robinson listed as a guest star she'd watch it, and if not she'd turn off the tv

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Facebook Aunt posted:

I've been rewatching DS9 on netflix, after not seeing anything but youtube clips in 20 years. It's okay so far, just into season 3.

when u get bored just watch the garak episodes

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
beverly crusher always got the short end of the stick in her focus episodes

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I have a serious Star Trek confession to make, which is that I didn't think Amok Time was very gay at all. Actually it seemed like an episode that wasn't gay whatsoever. I don't get the people who think that episode was gay.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Some things in life are gay, some things aren't, but Amok Time is one of those things that isn't.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

basic hitler posted:

i just watched the fight again and nah it's pretty homoerotic

but i think there is gayer stuff in TOS, we'll need to investigate.

I mean TOS overall legit doesn't seem that gay, altho for sure it's not kirk and spock. if anything it is spock and bones, though they have some stuff to get over. i don't think they'd ever be (as the annoying teenagers in the apartment below mine say) "super cereal", but i think they'd smash and then get back to work. there's a mechanical elegance to it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

Given that the planet Vulcan has been destroyed, it would not be logical to use sexual intercourse for anything other than procreation.

excuse me but the lensflare demo reels are not canon

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

McGiggins posted:

Yeah, that logic works for me. I kinda want to see a Vulcan gay bar now.

they're just standing around with individual diagrams of dick length and anal permissiveness

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

VictorianQueerLit posted:

gently caress I forgot about that one. Bajoran heavy episodes don't really stick with me because they are universally terrible.

bajorans are terrorists

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

McGiggins posted:

Poor Nog didn't make his Starfleet entrance exam :saddowns:

not everyone out there is in Starfleet

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

gently caress I forgot about that one. Bajoran heavy episodes don't really stick with me because they are universally terrible.

bajorans suck. im sorry, but, they suck

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

drilldo squirt posted:

Sorry if they are a little miffed about people trying to genocide them a couple years ago.

it's like 50 years or something.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

drilldo squirt posted:

The series is based on a orbiting death camp.

cool

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

That was actually just one ship. Yeah, it was kind of an uncomfortable subject

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

McGiggins posted:

Cardassia blew up and now Garak is white instead of grey?!?!

I won't stand for this white washing of my space characters.

That’s a high-contrast Garak you can see at night

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

The makeup designers must have been pissed at the costume designers covering up one of their best original designs

There are regional tensions but it has yet to escalate to war

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
that ep is legit great, not because sisko is in it being tortured and acting like he didn't JUST say the ends don't justify the means, but because it's garak saving the alpha quadrant with lies. you go, girl.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Has the computer out cock to be pissed when I was with a customer Mr. Hunt playlist buff but for you it’s the restaurant at the trouser

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

MC Hawking posted:

I like how in The House of Quark, the B plot is O'Brien trying to cheer up Keiko by making a romantic meal because she's at home and bored and depressed because the school closed ( also so they can totally bang) and her first response is "ITS NOT OUR ANNIVERSARY."

I mean they totally bang, but still.

That's so not how she says it though. And it's a super lavish meal so it's definitely meant to be conspicuous like a special event.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It's almost like to understand her character you need to meet the awesome challenge of hearing tone of voice.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29-iFOEOgIM

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
You are right, the parallel universe is a wacky stupid idea and she only be used for comedic things. I am extremely sure that modern trek also shares this view, I would never do anything completely stupid with the premise that is lame and bad

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

FabioClone posted:

Worf has two dicks.

his penis and alexander

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

everyone knows that if any of the main cast of st were banging it was mccoy and spock

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

mycomancy posted:

I feel bad for John de Lancie, he had to recite these dogshit lines God knows how many times.

boy if you felt bad for him now you should find out what sort of rejuvenated his career of signing bullshit at conventions

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

drilldo squirt posted:

It's Palestine.

nah

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
bajorans suck

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
if bajorans didn't want to suck maybe they could agriculture as well as , for example , modern day belarus

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I actually like Kira as a character but if I were Sisko I'd have had her removed by any means necessary because she basically wears insubordination on her sleeve and more often than not it ends up okay for Sisko except he looks like a fuckass and just had to spend hours of quality baseball time making apologies and cleaning poo poo up

she's also basically an emotional terrorist and idk just once or twice it would be nice if when she drops a "I'm asking you... as a friend..." and Sisko just laughed in her face

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I completely agree, although I wonder how much of that was that the format demanded Kira be put into fraught situations, which required her to be someone "in the middle". But oh my jesus christ, Winn :psyduck:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
lmao

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
you grab the ear too roughly and the ferengi just comes in his pants

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

I stumbled onto Memory Beta the "non-canon" Memory Alpha where they describe what happened in all of the books and this poo poo is as bad as the Star Wars EU.

Apparently Worf loses a third wife on a mission to a factory Lore built that manufactures Datas. Lore was apparently going to give all of the borg Data bodies. Luckily Noonien Singh never actually died and just transferred his consciousness into a spare Data and helps them out on the mission, bringing Data back to life. This was somehow related to the fact that 7,000 borg cubes showed up and Picard couldn't shoot enough torpedos at them so he summoned some dues ex machina aliens from a nebula that instantly defeated all borg everywhere.

Apparently Bashir resurrected Kirk and helped him and Bones destroy the Borg, offscreen in season two of DS9 during his free time apparently. He also breaks up with Ezri after she turns into Jadzia in bed mid-gently caress and freaks him out. Later he is made retarded by space rays that undo all of his genetic enhancements. He gets a new wife after DS9 blows up but she gets brainwashed by S31 and kills herself which makes Bashir go catatonic. Garak takes the now mute and Bashir into his house to care for him and feed him.

I'm afraid to look up any of these other characters since they don't seem to make many new ones and rely heavily on anyone with a name in the TV shows. Even Mister Magoo Admiral Paris is involved in S31 intrigue post-ds9 apparently.

also, woah lmao

the very idea of Memory Beta is making me laugh oute loude

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bBD5yyT-s0

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs-_6ky5qwA

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
:same:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It must’ve happened on a Friday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
beginning of episode empok nor where bashir, offscreen, does not realize he is at the center of ds9's most intense love triangle