Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Voyager, not even once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Isaac posted:

ho come in the movie Hollow Man the inside of him is still there but the outside is invisible

his insides must be gone otherwise wouldn't he look like a big 'ol slim goodbody :confused:

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

:unsmigghh:

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

In Future's End they go back in time and it's explicitly stated that the only reason the microprocessor revolution happened was because that douche CEO got his hands on the time ship. So how could the microprocessor have also been invented when it was in JJTrek if, in order for the time ship to go back to 20th century Earth, Voyager needed to both exist and be stranded in the Delta Quadrant to kick off the string of events in the first place.
:psylon:

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

If Pine-Kirk goes back to Nazi times will he be able to meet Shatner-Kirk? Could Shatner-Kirk then return to JJTrek?

loving timelines

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

nothing, what's a flotter with you?
:downsrim:

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Crowsbeak posted:

Weren't the Kazon supposed to be space gangbangers?

They were space slaves that overthrew their masters and then fragmented and achieved nothing but looting and infighting, so yes.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

treiz01 posted:

Nine pages in and no one has, as far as I know, mentioned the best thing to come out of Voyager:

Aww yusss.

Seriously though, this game was a ton of fun, I spent way too much time playing its deathmatch and you bet your sweet bippy I bought a boxed copy of the expansion pack!

for real janeway should have been courtmarshaled for not duct taping a bunch of I-Mods onto the outside of the ship and just wrecking borg poo poo.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

What is treks deal with making their main hero come from some rugged area, no one is ever just from NYC reppin' a borough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saOOdJd5BZc&t=72s

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Do you think you could beat Neelix in a fistfight?

How many Neelix's (Neelixi?) could you fight at once before you were overwhelmed?

prostrat: turn off the lights

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

I'm pretty sure that was Quark. You have brought shame on your house.

Neelix takes a Klingon warrior to slam town when they meet some on a journey to find Klingon Jesus.

It's Tom and B'elanna's kid :ssh:

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

The Sphinxster posted:

You are talking my language. I also hate Bajorans.

Bajorans still routinely suffer from famines and segregate themselves into religious castes but the Federation wants to let them in. Meanwhile that one planet that made some genetically modified soldiers and then put them in a settlement on their moon got slapped down.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Voyager expects me to believe that Tuvok, a Commander in Starfleet for like 100 years and served under Captain Sulu but has never heard of the Nazi's or seen a Swastika. I think maybe Tuvok just resents being on a Human ship and is being an rear end in a top hat to everyone constantly.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Holy poo poo does Voyager go out of its way to moralize poorly and loudly at me during this last season.

Lineage is about how Blanna is a monster and it's immoral to genetically alter kids for reasons

Repentance is a heavy handed tale about jailing minorities

The Void is about how working together is good and how Janeway will literally throw away any chance of escape in order to preserve ~Starfleet Principles~

Workforce is a tale about capitalism run amok.

Author, Author is another AI/HOLO RIGHTS :argh: episode

Friendship One is about why the Prime Directive is so so so important and we shouldn't mess with native development

Natural Law, in case you missed Friendship One and needed to be hit over the head with the lesson some more, is about why the Prime Directive is so so so important and we shouldn't mess with native development

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

The General posted:

I'm not sure you're taking the prime directive seriously enough. I hope there's a other one. :colbert:

Wasn't getting into a fight with the species that was native to the system in Natural Law and turning the shield back on actually just a greater violation of the prime directive?

They say another species put the force field in place 'centuries' ago. So some assholes came through and violated the PD, interfering in the internal workings of these two civilizations and then Voyager comes in and Janeway says "Two wrongs make a right" before getting into a firefight, turning it back on and flying away.

I don't think Voyager took the PD seriously enough.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

DOMDOM posted:

so i binged thru tng and ds9 but god drat i can stomach this voyager trash. is it ok to skip and watch enterprise? i really miss dr phlox i like how he talks

If you like phlox talk you need to watch The Man From Earth which also has Tony Todd and one of the drunker irish holograms.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Darth Continent posted:

Janeway isn't my favorite Star Trek Captain.

I was put off by her decision-making in the very first episode. I mean there they are in the Delta quadrant, basically trapped, but in their presence is the Caretaker. Do they hit him up for the necessary means to get back to the Alpha quadrant? Nope, for the sake of science, exploration, and "hay guyz we need a plot device to trap these suckers to enable them to go on crazy adventures for this new series", instead of raiding the Caretaker's technology like shoplifters at a dollar store they shrug their shoulders and decide it's okay to be stuck for the foreseeable future, never to see their loved ones again.

Like 5 or 6 years later Janeway feels really bad about it for an episode though and mopes in her quarters the whole time.

EDIT: Is it weird that Captain Picard Day falls so close to Fathers Day? This is what I would have expected for Commander Riker Day :riker:.

Blood Shart fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jun 16, 2016

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

One thing I've noticed in my watch through of Voyager is that whenever someone says something like:

"Doesn't this fresh morning air feel good in your lungs?"

Neelix always responds with an under his breath passive-aggressive "it's just lung" which I find hilarious. It's probably the most referenced piece of continuity on the show.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

BattleMaster posted:

I want this to be true so badly

From the transcript of Microcosm:

[Jefferies tube]

(They crawl along a short tube to a junction. Janeway uses her tricorder again.)
(They crawl to another junction.)
NEELIX: It's so hot. My head is spinning.
JANEWAY: You've got a high fever, fluid in your lungs.
NEELIX: Lung.
JANEWAY: That alien compound is acting quickly. Try to hang on. Just three more decks.
NEELIX: Aye, aye, Captain.

Janeway doesn't even bat an eye to it. No one ever does every time it happens.

EDIT2:

From Before and After:

[Mess hall]

(Neelix, in Starfleet uniform, is bringing out a blue-covered cake.)
ALL [singing]: For she's a jolly good fellow, for she's a jolly good fellow, for she's a jolly good fellow, which nobody can deny.
NEELIX: Happy ninth, Kes. Go ahead, make a wish. Well, what are you waiting for? Blow out the candles. It's good to see that old lung is still working, Kessie.
PARIS: Happy birthday, sweetheart.
NEELIX: Well, you know, I haven't made one of these since, well, since I became security officer.
TUVOK: Perhaps you would care to relinquish your commission and return to the scene of your former triumphs.

:psylon:

Remember back when you loved me enough to give me a lung Kessie? I still love you

Blood Shart fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jun 17, 2016

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

BattleMaster posted:

I think it's real, the quote about the lung is in the Memory Alpha page for Before and After :psyduck:

Voyager is still largely junk but lol at how Neelix never forgot that the cap'n gave his lungs away, lol

And in all the years they were in the Delta Quadrant the Doctor never bothered to learn how to make him a new lung. But he did learn how to gently caress :riker:

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Hector Beerlioz posted:

About to watch Insurrection for the first time since it came out.

Don't do it you have so much to live for!

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Hector Beerlioz posted:

All I remember about it was a hologram ship, I hope it's good!

Is that the one with the amazing Frakes/Sirtis commentary?

EDIT:

Neelix's Lung :getin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX1i3buWwUk

Blood Shart fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jun 18, 2016

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Whoa, watch out for this alien dude, he killed Mozart!

Mozart, Salieri and Glorku of the Nextraxis IV.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

VectorSigma posted:

*the Narada emerges from a black hole time rift*

science officer: "sir, sensors are reading a pointyness factor of 9.98!"
kirk's dad: "gtfo, warp 8"

At pointy factor 10 does the ship become a fractal?

JJTrek Borg Cube:

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Big Mean Jerk posted:

No I did not pay for fat Tom Paris' autograph. I merely laughed at his misfortune.

Truly the LORD's work.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Like 20 pages back people were talking about Farscape and I just wanted to say that Farscape gets good when Scorpius shows up towards the end of season 1 and the exact moment the show gets bad is the doubler episode where they make 2 John's.

The best part of The Peacekeeper Wars is Rockne S O'Bannon walking into the writers room and killing off every character that was added after he left the show.

Also Scorpius is the best scifi villain bar none IMO. You are allowed to have a different opinion but you're wrong. :colbert:

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

shadow puppet of a posted:

Farscape is shitgarbagetrash. The whole thing sucks. It never gets better. The premise is dumber than voyager and everything is stained with its inescapable Australianism.

FRELL YOU!

I'm going into my Luxan HyperRage!

https://youtu.be/Zjz470hUTB4

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Typical Pubbie posted:

:negative:

I want to love the show because they made a serious effort with the puppets and I like a lot of the actors, but the show has that irritating blend of corniness and melodrama unique to commonwealth sci-fi shows like Doctor Who and Torchwood.

Torchwood was garbage until the Children of Earth and Starz miniseries when it edged toward borderline watcable. The Starz series was good but like 3 episodes too long.

I watched a few HD episodes of Farscape and you can see some of the moulding lines on Rygel but Pilot is still an impressive animatronic puppet.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Crowsbeak posted:

I love that episode. Also I liked the episode with the ET looking creature thats in the ship.

The weird episodes are the best ones. I have a soft spot in my heart for John Quixote and the body switching episode is really well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fD7Uah_QUY

Sometimes you can see the lighting grid or hands holding things, but that just adds to the cheese.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Dude Dell, So What

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

this is going to make me look dumb as poo poo, but I started watching Torchwood randomly on netflix and I was ok with it for an episode or two of it. Like, ok this is a decent premise and they're just going to explain more as it goes on. Then I looked something up that just made no sense and apparently I was dumb as gently caress because OBVIOUSLY its DR WHO

The Torchwood - Doctor Who anagram didn't tip you off?
:goonsay:

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Did someone order extra cheese on their scifi?

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

FuhrerHat posted:

watch lexx

:getin:

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Thinking about it destroying the caretaker array was probably the best career move Janeway could have made. If she went back to the badlands she would have just filed a report and continued plodding along doing poo poo for admirals. Instead she gets to be the ultimate authority on a ship she calls her own and do whatever she wants for the next 70 years while heading back towards Earth. Even if she gets home early she'll immediately get an admiralship from it.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Temper Trudeau posted:

I'd watch Robert Picardo on a shuttle, picking up the pieces and eventually amassing huge political and military support as he makes his way back to the alpha quadrant.

Bet he made it back faster than Janeway did since he actually wanted to get back home.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

FilthyImp posted:

It's worse than that, because it's a callback episode to an earlier kind of lovely Pod People episode.

The one time someone on the staff decides to build on something that isn't "Seska is a mean manipulative bitch!" Or "this retarded holoprogram with Mayberry that we're all running" And they turn it into the Grimdark episode.

We should have known something was up the moment repli-Janeway didn't destroy the experimental drive that would get them back in a few months.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I watched enterprise through season 3 and thought it was ok and better than Voyager by a wide margin. From what I gather if I had watched season 4 it would have been to the detriment of my memory of the show.

Season 3 had North Star which is peak Trek. Ain't nothing gonna top that.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Volcott posted:

Good Voyagers: the one where they try to get back a Federation probe loaded with the plans to all the good poo poo and Ensign Ricky never gets to finish his ship in a bottle because he's super dead.

Sorry but this is wrong. This is actually a terrible moralizing episode about why the Prime Directive is super duper important and the aliens are dumb as poo poo.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

DOMDOM posted:

"Do you really think I'm pretty?" she asked, gasping mid-sentence
as her vagina was stimulated. "Enough to make you excited?"

"Of course, Naomi!" Neelix shot back gleefully, rewarding her
candor with a slick hand to massage the miniscule bumps further up
along her body. "Watch!"

As the supple blonde watched in interest, he pressed his stiff rod
against her chest, letting the bulbous head throb appreciatively. Then,
Neelix imagined the most erotic thought he could muster -- if he simply
ceased all foreplay and rammed his cock up Naomi's unspoiled vise,
pummeling her holy place irregardless of all cries of alarm until he
filled her inviting womb with his potent seed. As he assumed, his
faithful tool swelled noticeably longer in expectation of being allowed
to fulfill his deepest desires.

Swooning at the realization of her body's power, Naomi allowed
herself to enjoy Neelix's ministrations for a while more before
continuing. "So what do you... do when it's like this?" she inquired
curiously, eyes fluttering open and closed as her nipples and clitoris
throbbed with intense gratification.

"I usually have to play with it a bit." Neelix answered decisively

I always assumed Neelix had a penis like a dog or cat that kind of slid out of a sheath but that doesn't seem to be the case here so my immersion is ruined.

Still jacked it to completion though so 4/10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Chomp8645 posted:

Wasn't Naomi a literal child?

AATrek re-reg account spotted.

She was another of those fast aging species that Neelix loved :aatrek:

Just looked her actress up

:chanpop:

Blood Shart fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jun 27, 2016