Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Hi I'm from Section Eight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I liked the Klingon/Human chick

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The series should have ended with the hangings of half the crew for mutiny

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

DS9 had the Ferengi A-Team episode and it was amazing

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

JediTalentAgent posted:

That should be a story, though: The entire night shift bridge made up of non-senior staff ends up having a major problem with an alien vessel and this crew of nobodies manages to solve a major crisis without waking the senior staff.

"No, listen, we make that call and the next thing you know you've got Janeway up here. You know who else is going to be here? Paris, Kim, Chakotay, Tuvok, all of 'em! Even Neelix will squirm his way up here. Then we're looking at a shooting war because they're all always fuckin' it up. Let's just handle this like we mostly do: Off the record!"

This should have been an episode, seriously

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Night Shift: No paper-work, no problems

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Elrond Hubbard posted:

I bet Robert Beltran would love these.

mailbox@robertbeltran.com

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Voyager was quirky enough to do it, too

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Yeah, like the Borg children episodes

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Were they still operating under Gene Roddenberry's dumb rule where everything had to be resolved by the end of an episode?

Anyway, post your Night Shift fan fic itt

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Professor Shark fucked around with this message at 13:59 on May 24, 2016

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

She propelled them out of Borg space, 12% closer to Earth

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Man a BSG-style remake of Voyager would be awesome. Imagine worrying about how hosed you are on the other side of the galaxy and then you realize you realize the only way home it through Borg space

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

psychokitty posted:

That was pretty much the premise of Voyager :confused:

Yeah but if they made it more grimdark

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

he's not kidding. the Voyager producers basically didn't want to pay for another useless character nobody wanted to write for, so they were getting ready to fire Garrett Wang to make room for Seven of Nine when suddenly some bullshit magazine list comes out and ranks him one of the Top 50 Sexiest Men Of The Year or something inane like that. so they instead decided to fire Jennifer Lien instead, because obviously there must be people watching just because he's so hunky.

Holy poo poo lol is that why she was tossed aside?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

lol he was the flavor vanilla in Asian form

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Was Kim one of the only two survivors of the alt reality Voyager that was destroyed, aside from the baby? That should have been A Thing, instead of written off

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Man that is pretty bad

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I listened to an interview with George Takei this afternoon, I didn't know he was held at one of the POW camps during WWII

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Blistex posted:

Internment camps. They took actual US citizens and placed them into prison camps (infants up to senior citizens, regardless if they were 1st, 2nd, or 5th generation Americans). Naturally they seized all of their possessions and didn't compensate them either.

Yeah, we did the same thing in Canada... just in case

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

lol is he drunk or high or what

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

shadow puppet of a posted:

Yeah I agree fully, if anything the main fault with Voyager was not enough Robert Picardo on screen. They really dropped the ball there with that stretch of um, two epsidoes in the whole run of seasons 5, 6 and 7.

Unironically this

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Automatic Slim posted:

One of the better episodes was the beings who came into contact with Voyager and ended up thinking they were the Voyager crew but had to get back to their own planet because they couldn't survive anywhere else.

What happened at the end of this one again? Did they end up just living their lives in the DQ, or was that the goo people who ended up disintegrating and the real Voyager flew through the gooey remains?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Blistex posted:

Miles O'Brian thread was the greatest thing ever.

The funniest thing about that thread (which is one of my favorites) was how it was never Gold Mined, just forgotten, like O'Brian

FrensaGeran posted:

That dude wants 40 bucks for an autograph I'm not made of money

You should have asked him to do a Jonathan Frakes for :10bux:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

criscodisco posted:

Early on in TNG it was explained that the replicator does a fine job making real alcohol if you just ask, back when they unthawed those 20th century people. They seemed to have changed that by the time they found Scotty on that Dyson sphere, because he had to steal Guinan's ecto cooler.

Definitely O'Brian's fault

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I imagine it gives an alert to the bridge

*beep! beep! beep!*

Kira: Oh look, "Chief" is having "toast" for breakfast :rolleyes:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

What game is that? It looks pretty nerdy... good nerdy :getin:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

To be fair a lot of sci-fi does, and when they do they go insane with it, like 40K and the Tyranids taking a mother-loving huge detour (Hive Fleet Leviathan and Hydra)

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Haha he was killed off because the secondary characters they surrounded him with were terrible plus they weren't allowed to shoot where they filmed last season.

So we don't get anymore Bashir in the show because of the poo poo writers and poo poo production

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Automatic Slim posted:

They did an episode on that. Basically, Janeway found a list of 4 slackers who had never been on an away mission and insisted she lead them on one herself. She got them all killed IIRC.

No loving way lol

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

THE HOLOSUITE DOLL I MADE OF YOU HAD A LOT OF FUN ON OUR PICNIC DATES

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

criscodisco posted:

It's not for splashing in your eyes, it's for dipping your fingers into then fingering your butthole then licking your fingers.

Eww, gross, sick

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Haha that episode was so poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Crowsbeak posted:

I have never seen that episode is it worth my time to even skim it?

It's the show explanation for why all alien species are similar except for minor forehead crease differences and it's about as hokey as you would expect