Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Hello friends. I finished DS9 a few months ago and have been slowly making my way through Voyager since then; I'm almost done with season 2 now. So far I think it's pretty much mediocre at best and pretty much none of the characters are particularly likable or interesting yet. I turned it off last night because Harry Kim and Torres were trapped in a weird mime computer program and Harry was going to have his head cut off in a guillotine. It seemed pretty retarded which is what got me into TNG in the first place. Is this episode a turning point for Voyager and will there just be endless stupid goofy adventures from here on in? Thanks true believers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
bummer! I'm just glad there haven't been any more Chakotay Spirit Animal Guide episodes for a while because as much as I love doofy stupid trek concepts, that's just too much to handle

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

atomicthumbs posted:

yeah, the dynamic changes pretty severely after Harry Kim gets his head cut off in a guillotine.

Wow, insane. I didn't think they'd go through with it

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Still trying to truck through voyager, I think I managed to hit a good patch between the two parter Sarah Silverman episode that started with a hippy saying FAR OUT MAN! as the first line of the episode, and then immediately following that I got the scene of neelix dancing with earth sluts on Holodeck Planet gently caress. Is this Voyager's golden age?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Also, while I'm thinking about it, I think the reason I don't like this show is because the aliens of the week are always terrible. OH and also because every single character on the show except for Harry Kim is a boring dipshit or a fuckin weirdo. Why is Janeaway so goddam weird? While they were rescuing the aliens in the Kes and Neelix Break Up Episode she seemed like she was about to laugh the entire time they were beaming them out from their ship, or whatever. I know the writing makes her seem bipolar but i really don't understand the decisions the actress made wrt her character's mannerisms.

Oh and before I forget Chakotay's hair is SO BAD!

Chakotay out here looking like Frankenstein's monster started selling coke in 1989. Cmon son!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Chakotay sucks and is definitely the worst character so far.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
If I hear the term "fluidic space" one more time I might die. Little over halfway through season 4 and seven of nine is easily the shittiest character in the show. Janeways acting has gotten a bit worse too. Only good episode this season so far was the Andy dick one and the nazi two parter

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I watched the two partner that ends the fifth season last night. When Janeway claimed to have never broken the prime directive I laughed pretty hard. I feel like I have to finish the show now but it's so loving mind numbing. Even ol creepin rear end Geordie is more relatable than these dicks.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Okay I take back every bad thing I ever said. This episode with the doctor daydreaming about touching on some booty and blowing up Borg and stuff is loving hilarious

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
FLUIDIC SPACE

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

My vision is augmented.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Flesh Croissant posted:

I'm gonna make this my avatar but am too stunted by autialcoism (autistic alcoholism) to think of a clever tag to put under it. Could you smartbrain goons help me out with a great tagline?

Thanks!

Qaplow'

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
We finished enterprise a little while ago. I was really glad Trippp died at the end, that guy loving sucked. Overall the show itself was okay but the characters are all so loving boring even by star trek standards.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
The doctor alien was okay i guess.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Pages late i know but Discovery was surprisingly okay. The CBS app, however, is the crashingest piece of poo poo I've ever used. Malware infested sports streams work better than that poo poo.

I liked the main klingon guy, shame he died like a loser.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Just watched the ds9 episode where Dr Bashir is triggered while playing darts with potato man because he knows he's not going to win some award. Anyway, this guy:

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Bennet_Guillory

Is credited as Medical Big Shot, which is a hell of a thing to have on your business card. Later

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
So when I'm bartending on thursdays I'll turn the channel to TNT so i can watch basketball while i work. Unfortunately for me this means watching two full hours of NCIS New Orleans, featuring scott bakula as, uh, i don't know what his name is on this show. The main guy. Todd. Whatever.

Anyway it's pretty inoffensive and has a lot of bakula, and frankly i like the guy in spite of how terrible he was in ENT. So I'll watch a bit while I'm setting things up.

This week in New Orleans was rough though. The plot is always pretty standard CSI stuff, but with more terrorists. The important thing is that the terrorists were trying to blow up a big boat but spunky girl cop? saved the day. And then the episode ends. This is important.

Bakula is in his bar. He is wearing unbuttoned shortsleeves with a wife beater underneath. He is bantering with this lady. He decides to play the piano and sing Old Time Rock And Roll to a bar filled with ancient old black men. They all love his song.

I poo poo you not while hes doing his ray charles routine, he looks back over his shoulder at the lady he was talking to and does the archer "can you believe this poo poo" smirk. No dude. I can't believe it either.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Discovery is really bad.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
The Visitor is the best episode of DS9 i think. Awesome performances

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Pick posted:

I friggin may, but I was already working on a picture of Dukat and had a Dukat episode running for reference (the one where they laugh for like ten minutes about him hurting his butt) and was looking over like yeesh man eat a space burger already

This episode rules, i really enjoyed the interaction between dukat and kira when he was in that nebulous antihero phase

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Its pretty good in a classic tng sort of way. The jokey stuff is generally pretty lame but not so much to really ruin the show or anything. Family guy isn't as bad an actor as i anticipated either

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I must object, captain! Klingons do NOT gently caress ! It is ...without honor

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I'm watching Enterprise lately because I never gave it a fair chance. First two seasons have been okay. I heard season 3 is pretty dumb though.

Trip is a lot less doofy then I expected him to be. Shran and Phlox are definitely the best characters. Archer is a total non-entity of a character though.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Its boring too

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I bought three star trek fanclub magazines at the flea market today. Will post excerpts and pixxx from the interviews with Marc alaimo and Ethan Phillips ASAP

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Almost finished with season 3 of Enterprise. Really irritated they wasted Casey Biggs in a total nothing cameo role.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Yeah that one rules, trek Twain rules

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Quark fucks.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I’m watching voyager right now. Ama

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Brawnfire posted:

Are you drinking or getting high

Yeah

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Are you okay?

Hell yeah

I’m watching season one episode four I think. Phage! Neelix, or as my phone autocorrects him, New Liz, is being a pest.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I plan on throwing the remote at the screen when he has a tearful reunion with his wife

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I honestly think new licks is nowhere near as annoying as some of the other idiot fuckers on this show. 7/9 and janeaway, worthless fuckin chakotay. Beelix is worst in these episodes where hes jealous of Tom Paris

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

This is me whenever I start talking Bout Star Trek irl

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Been watching voyager every night. Ceska was a terrible character. Really all the kazon episodes are flat as hell. I liked that Suter guy tho, shame he got hell of shot

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

corn in the bible posted:

Did you enjoy seeing Kaiden Alenko get killed by Neelix

God did I ever. gently caress that sweaty glistening headache havin rear end bitch

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Also Big Bang theory is stupid but every autistic person I know likes Sheldon. Seems vaguely offensive but whatever

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Fluidic space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Just thought about when Rom jacked his ears off so much he got an infection and passed out at work. Lol