Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
Are any of the trek novels good? Never read any of ‘em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

It’s sad when Delta Flyers go “oh this was a good Voyager episode!” when it demonstrably was not

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You can't say that and not say which episode it was.

Specifically I was thinking of Parturition, where everyone hits on Kes so Neelix and Paris have a spaghetti foodfight and then have to go on a really vague mission together where of course they become friends for stupid reasons. Sure, maybe it’s good compared to one of the bullshit episodes that are 99% about psionic fields or recombobulating the matter energy dispersal flange, but it’s still bad

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

womb with a view posted:

omg that one was terrible

And in a previous episode they did a weird thing where maybe the Doctor was attracted to her too. Why is everyone attracted to Kes, whose two year birthday they celebrated like 3 episodes ago?

Yeah the doctor is into her here too, even the actors say so. I honestly think the doctor is her best match. He’s the only one who treats her like a responsible, intelligent partner and has good character traits brought out her by (patience, kindness, willingness to work together) rather than jealousy, mansplaining and showing off. Plus they’re both inexperienced in life. Neelix loving sucks in this episode and lords it over Paris that Kes owes Neelix her life. What a great basis for a healthy relationship

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

DS9’s weird obsession was age gap relationships (Jake, Dax)

So far Voyager’s weird obsession is children. Kes, Neelix, Paris, Janeway and B’Elanna have all had really dumb episodes where the show tries to force children or metaphorical children (like B’Elanna’s lovely robot) on them. Did someone on the writing team just have a baby or something

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

MOOBS! posted:

ok nog is one of my fave characters but i gtotta say he is an rear end in a top hat in this episode. i dont have screenshots but he just on a date with jake (sisko) and was like "hey ladies we will hit the holodeck and rape and pillage a viallage " they hated it and he blamed jake for females not understanding how dope it was to rape and pillage after cutting his meal with clothes off

he wanted the female to chew his food for him on the date. real power move tbh

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

A court martial is for offences against starfleet law, they probably don’t want to enshrine “do not gently caress holo-coworkers” into official interplanetary law. It just looks bad

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

Troi doesn’t order you to get in the death tube. She guides and counsels you into the death tube. It’s totally different

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

started watching a voyager the other day but a) it was about native american magic symbols and b) the doctor talks to a pregnant woman, refuses to help her in any way and basically goes “oh your feet hurt?? too bad, pregnancy hurts, shouldn’t have gotten knocked up if you don’t like it IDIOT :c00lbert: get back to your post” Like ok I know the doctor is a jerk, but even in Star Trek times women are told their pain isn’t a problem and they should just deal with it? That sucks