Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Janeway refuses help from a god to get her people home.
Sisko enlists a murderer to assassinate a senator to trick his species into joining a galactic war and throws his self respect in he gutter for the greater good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Remember the episode where Beltran went on a vision quest and found out that all of the indigenous people of North America were ignorant savages before a white saviour alien taught them culture? And it was written by one of the better writers, Michael pillar.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Velcro belts are the future

Created by vulcans trapped on earth in the sixties

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

criscodisco posted:

People like the DS9 mirror universe episodes because they get to see Kira dike out, but I don't much care for them. The Enterprise mirror universe episode, though, was top notch.

DS9 Mirror universe had Smiley, who was O'Brien except even more depressed. It was great.

Remember that time when Quark defeated the Klingon Empire with economics, and the high council was just plugging away at data pads listening to his every word?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q65l7RHUx2A

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So today I went to the Star Trek: Starfleet Academy experience in Ottawa, and I saw at least three potential pedophiles and a bunch of receding jawlines.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

happyhippy posted:

So they had mirrors, thats not futuristic!

Believe it when I say nobody was more shocked than myself.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Sadly there were no sparking consoles. And the Kobayashi Maru test wouldn't even let me fire on the Federation ship and high tail it out of there.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Grins videos ae still around, but he has to keep moving them to different channels. It's stupid because trekclip just uploads wholesale scenes from the show and never gets caught

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Typical Pubbie posted:

lol is this really true? I figured it was just Ronald D. Moore being his usual lovely self ruining good characters with bullshit plots.

During the episode "Descent", Dukat starts to lose it following the death of his daughter. He starts seeing visions of the DS9 station crew and the Cardassian and Dominion commanders all mocking him for his failures. He keeps Sisko alive because he is so desperate for somebody to validate his insane ideas, and beats the poo poo out of him when Sisko refutes his claims.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5fIqJZsQlU

This episode should have been where Dukat's story ended, but he was so popular that they brought him back. But there was nothing to do with his character, so they turned him into an internet troll mocking Kira and then turning him into a satan demon.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

BattleMaster posted:

Yeah it came up in usenet posts of the day and so Dukat was made into a gibbering raving maniac, which I think was a mistake but whatever

His turn to a gibbering maniac was terrific, but everything afterwards with him is really bad. Like he calls up Kira on DS9 from god knows where to shout "hey, just so you know, I hosed your mother, k thanks bye!"

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I watched Star Trek Beyond and Kirk's opening monologue is overlaid with what looks like alternate reality Harry Kim getting poo poo on by another crew member for being bad in bed.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Oberleutnant posted:

this breaks my immersion because harry kim couldn't get laid more than once.

No, that was the guy who got thrown out by the blonde girl. The Harry Kim guy was the one getting a ribbing from his friends for awkwardly staring at female crew members.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Noctone posted:

lol i completely forgot about this episode of ds9 where rom forms a union and starts quoting marx

And then lets Quark get beaten half to death before coming to the hospital to rub it in his face.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
gently caress, I'm on the DS9 season 1 finale, and I forgot how insufferable Kai Wynn's first appearance was. Not that she got any better. Then again, Keiko is also insufferable, so it's two assholes fighting each other.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

criscodisco posted:

They could have called it A Fistful Face full of Data.

FTFY

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

ConstantDelays posted:

Going through DS9 season 1 at the moment, and I'm more or less where you were. Between the guy assassinating cool rear end Gul Daheel last episode and Wynn's bullshit in this one, I'm losing a lot of sympathy for the Bajorans.

O'Brian's speech about the sacred bond between engineers and his threats to fight everyone he came across reminded me to call my dad.

But hey, season 2 starts with a sweet two parter starring Frank Langella. Of course, it just makes the Bajorans even more hostile, but still, Frank Langella.

Sten Freak posted:

After watching 3 OK social issue episodes in a row DS9 delivers the awesome one that shows Odo's beginnings as a constable and Kira's resistance days. Fantastic episode. I think my wife wiped a tear at the end when Kira states their friendship as being the reason she didn't tell Odo the truth of the unsolved murder. drat that was good stuff.

Also had the bit where the doofus ferengi brother is screeching at QUark's would be murderer, happy that he is a hero, then return to screeching when he realizes he prevented inheriting the bar which was a Simpsons/Futurama type moment to me. Absurd but good for a chuckle.

Odo is a cool cat all around. Speaking of cats would there really be rats on a space station like Odo shifts into? Do rats stow away in space ships like real ships? Couldn't the computer just scan for them and teleport them into the void?

There is another episode a few seasons later that is essentially the same plot, except in reverse. And Kira can't see the irony in the situation so she gets furious at Odo for what happens.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

criscodisco posted:

Is Frank Langella the guy from Avatar or the guy with hotdog lips?

You're thinking of Stephen Lang, maybe? Frank Langella is in old stuff like The Twelve Chairs, or that terrible Gina Davis pirate movie Cutthroat Island.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Burning_Monk posted:

Dammit, my brain had just forgotten about that POS... so thanks, dick.

He's the only good part of that movie because he keeps killing people, therefore lowering the overall annoyance each time.

I suppose the exploding ship at the end was good too, but that's about it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Trast posted:

Also this reminds me of the "O'brien must suffer" episode where he had to get rid of a vole infestation.

He does aim a sonic firearm right at Quark in that episode.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Why is the Sisko/Jake relationship on DS9 better than anything on Voyager?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Milky Moor posted:

"Computer, is there any way to generate a nude TayneEnabran Tain?"

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
There's the book about the starfleet captain who "won" the Kobayashi Maru by destroying the ship in distress before hightailing it out of the neutral zone.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Baronjutter posted:

The Dominion figured this out.

Was about to say that. No need for structural weaknesses if you can see through the hull

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
DS9 episode The Siege. Every single starfleet officer volunteers to stay behind and defend the station, including decorated war hero O'Brien. So naturally, Cake Hole yells at him.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

criscodisco posted:

With peptide frosting?

Mint frosting you pleb.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Man, Jadzia kind of sucks. Her only character development comes from when her more interesting past Dax lives come into play. Even when she marries Worf, she doesn't grow, and just becomes TNG Worf who is a weaboo for Klingon culture. Ezri had more character development during one season than Jadzia had over six.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Jadzia is hot though

So is Ezri. And she was also on Stargate. I'd also have liked it if Verrad Dax stuck around, just because he was the aloof Clamp CEO from Gremlins 2.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Aug 9, 2016

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

naem posted:

They blurred out her forehead crinkles

Those are ridges.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Ricky Julian and bubbles as stereo fleet ensigns

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Ds9 is superior to voyager because they not only had a juggler onscreen but also a fire breather

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Commissar Ken posted:

Apparently Admiral Ross died. Like in real life. Leukemia.

poo poo, that leaves Janeway in charge of the whole fleet.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Ugh, I'm on the DS9 episode where the Cardassian raised as a Bajoran gets stuck with the O'Brien family, so Cakehole decides to treat him like a Cardassian rather than his adopted culture. gently caress me, she is dumb sometimesall the time. First she chews out O'Brien because of his prejudices against Cardassians, and then replicates some terrible Cardassian food so Rugal feels like one of his OWN people.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Aug 12, 2016

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

caleramaen posted:

I'm assuming she thinks giving him Cardassian food will make him like Cardassians. Either that or she just didn't give a poo poo. "This is my chance to eat Cardassian food. Why aren't they eating it." I do like how Rugal and O'Brian bond over their mutual hatred of Cardies.

Mutual hatred of Keiko, more like.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The bsg blood and chrome miniseries was alright. It was written by Michael Taylor who wrote for ds9 and there are a bunch of star trek references in it. For example, a kid is born and named anslem, which was the title of future Jake sisko's bestselling novel.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The old bsg had kurn the klingom as baltar.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'd like a new stargate series. Apart from Universe falling apart, SG1 and Atlantis are both tons of fun and have a slew of science fiction alumni. Too bad that Roland Emmerich is going to make another lovely movie about it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I just recently watched for the first time like oh 10 seasons of Stargate this year

I got to where Richard Dean Anderson left in SG1 and about the end of 2 when they started killing people off for no reason. Then I read something and saw that they put tapping in season 3 or whatever and was just like NOPE it was fun while it lasted

Ben Browder is an excellent replacement leader though.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Apollodorus posted:

He was Kor you jagoff.

Kurn, Kor, all Klingons look alike. Kor got brain damage and decided to fight with Alzheimer's in one DS9 episode.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I just loved it for finally addressing the Farscape elephant in the room in the best way possible, and while everyone easily guessed what the other shows being ripped off were, they just stared at that one like :wtc:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCNDdlCo4rA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Grin has an update on his Star Trek recuts. CBS are being total cocks and constantly attacking him over his parody videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYJFoJ6zH-E

If you want to watch most of the TNG recuts, they're currently on his Emperor Grin channel.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXA7IhbBKWAGACPbGfMBQfw