Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
B'lanna Torres sounds like Bologna Tortoise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
He didn't want a blowjob be wanted half her DNA to make a human/Q mulatto. All that was involved was touching fingers no actual loving but she didn't know that until it was too late and he had fingerfucked someone else.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Tectonis posted:

Voyager, not even once.

Her race of people carry their babies between their shoulder blades and the baby comes out their butts. They die at 7 and when they meditate they can see sub-atomic particles.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

RVWinkle posted:

Didn't she come back as some insane intra-dimensional space god or something?

The only episode I liked was "Year in Hell" where they actually had to deal with stuff like the ship breaking down and dwindling supplies. I feel like the series really lost an opportunity by not showing the ship slowly degrading and facing issues of survivalism. Yeah they threw in some borg tech but it would have been pretty cool if they would have lost a nacelle and then welded on half of a borg cube or something.

It had been explained that her people were modified to die at 7, but some had figured out how to live past 7 and also get telekinetic abilities. It was all somewhat vague.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I like how the ship has limited power and they have to ration out replicator credits and eat only alien vegetables Neelix can scavenge and Tom Paris has enough energy to run his bar in France holodeck program every night.

It was explained in the show that the holodeck had it's own nuclear reactor or something as a power source, that for some inexplicable reason was incompatible with the systems on the rest of the ship.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

genesplicer posted:

I know someone who worked on most of the Trek series, starting with the Motion Picture, all the way to DS9. He's proudest of his work on Voyager.

Honestly though, for the time and the budget, Voyager had some pretty great production values, so I can see why he'd be proud.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Ahundredbux posted:

This was on at night and I've seen a handful of episodes for example when the doctor went down on some planet and had a wife even tho his a hologram or robot

Having a wife is fine, the confusing part was that he got her pregnant and had children

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Ibogaine posted:

I tend to skip the time travel stories. However, the one in which they fought the Nazis in America had a certain trashy charm, I think.

Pretty sure that was Enterprise. You're in the wrong thread.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Which episode was that? I remember the one where Tuvok had made a holodeck program stimulating a mutiny on board, and the one where Species 8472 made a replica Starfleet Academy to practice taking over Earth, but not nazis.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Janeway>Picard

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Then it should have been better and gotten a larger budget.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

DeadmansReach posted:

IIRC Mulgrew has said that she acted the character this way because it's the only possible interpretation given the writing.

There was talk in the Trek thread that claimed she said in an interview that she played the character as one who's slowly losing her mind over regret and guilt for being the one who made the decision that stranded her crew in the Delta Quadrant. I've never seen that interview myself, so I can't speak to its existence.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Monkey Fracas posted:

-I like that the tribal-looking dudes wearing rags with dirt and poo poo caked in their hair also have bigass spaceships

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
The time he got an STD from some alien chick should have been a tentacle rape scene

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Yeah, him and Naomi Wildman. It wasn't from an alternate universe, though, it was just a quantum duplicate.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
What the gently caress is that a power rangers movie?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Yeah but the white people were OK, right?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

rocket_man38 posted:

I've seen every episode and movie of trek multiple times, except for one: "threshold". I just can't bring myself to watch it, even once.

But it won a daytime Emmy or something.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

If Voyager was just a poo poo show nobody would care about it so much, the thing that drove every Trek fan up the wall was that it started out with a brilliant loving premise and setup that then instantly got pissed away so they could just alternate between rehashing TNG scripts and doing stupid ratings stunts for Paramount's abortion of a TV network.

That's fair, but one you hit season 4 there are more good episodes per season than terrible ones. If I were making a list of 10 best Trek episodes, there would have to be an episode or two from Voyager. The only one I can think of without looking through a list is Blink of an Eye , which would have been a great episode in any of the series.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

shadow puppet of a posted:

Please try to carry on living, if only for the sake of the milf hoochies out there.

She looks fantastic for 53, but why on earth would you draw attention to your migrating navel with a stripper chain?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Plus the one where Broccoli was porking Troi and Beverly sex replicas in the holodeck and he had Riker mincing about like Elton John in a flower garden.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Professor Shark posted:

What happened at the end of this one again? Did they end up just living their lives in the DQ, or was that the goo people who ended up disintegrating and the real Voyager flew through the gooey remains?

They were the goo people from the Demon Planet the dissolved in space and Voyager flew through.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Isaac posted:

they should have all been clinging to one bit of debris floating toward earth at the end

It could be like that show Moon 9000 or whatever where the Earth blew up and sent the moon rocketing into other solar systems.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
They shouldn't have even had uniforms. They should all be manning the bride wearing Neelix-hide loincloths and tufts of Kazon hair.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Syfe posted:

But they don't replicate uniforms every day, many people are seen traveling with bags and things, and I remember something about Naomi Wildeman's clothes needed to be put back through the replicator because she was growing so fast. Consider that it's supposed to be a society of conservation, to replicate something you need more than just it's parts, you need the parts + the energy to make it.

Though they should look more worn than they tend to.

By TNG, matter and energy were interchangeable. That's why when they finished eating they'd put the dirty plates back in the replicator, and they'd disappear. So she was putting Naomi's clothes in the have them go back into the energy bank for replicated goods.

Theoretically they would just have to collect space dust and gas to have all the goods they need, but they still have to use energy from the engine for the replicating/dereplicating process.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I save the middleman and just sneak my feces info children's food.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
That's the crazy part. Voyager takes place after TNG. There is zero reason for Neelix to be in Voyager.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
People like the DS9 mirror universe episodes because they get to see Kira dike out, but I don't much care for them. The Enterprise mirror universe episode, though, was top notch.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I wonder if mirror universe ship's engines run on matter.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I would argue that since matter is plentiful, the engines run on antimatter.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I like how every third planet they stopped at had a way to cut years off their journey, but was always like "nah, if we helped you we'd have to help everyone else too" and Voyager just went on its way. It's pretty easy to incinerate a planet's atmosphere from space, I'd just watch those planets burn at my hands. Once word starts to spread, planets would be bending over backwards to help us. gently caress them. It's not like we're coming back, who cares how many bridges we burn.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

JediTalentAgent posted:

It's sort of funny that Ten-Forward and Quark's were static and permanent socializing locales for the crew to unwind and relax, but did the Voyager ever manage to get anything like that other than whatever fantasy holodeck place they set up like that?

Not really. Everyone either hung out in the dining hall or the old timey Irish town.

On TNG, while Ten-Forward was always supposed to be there, the original designs had lots of smaller social areas around the saucer section. I believe the idea was small lounges and coffee house type places, things like that.

I believe it was cut for budgetary reasons, but I can't quite remember.

Also, on Enterprise, you get a quick glimpse of a LCARS display of an enterprise from the 27th century or something. People love to make fun of it, because it's so bizarrely proportioned, but according to the designer, it was out of perspective because it was supposed to be a generational ship with shopping centers, several universities, and suburb areas, so it's supposed to be massive. I like that idea the best.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Cthulu Carl posted:

Enterprise-J?

I don't know how I feel being able to recall which one because I've only seen that episode like once.

Yep, that's it.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I thought they were in Ben's room.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Cthulu Carl posted:

But Troi owned that cameltoe.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Big Mean Jerk posted:

"Ugh, we'll have to find another route. Troi and Crusher blocked the hallway with their cameltoe mirrors again :rolleyes:"

That's basically what they did. They didn't have a cameltoe mirror set built, so they put some big mirrors up over a chunk of engineering.

I think that was the same episode where they had a spa day together. I think it's the only episode where they even spoke to each other, except for that episode where everyone on board tried to force Troi to have an abortion, though that might have been a Pulaski episode.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
That's pretty cool of her, but everyone has to make at least one Corman movie. It's a rite of passage.

That said, I've seen Marina Sirtis in a few other movies and she's a godawful actress. I still like her though.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

whoflungpoop posted:

was that the one where that thing raped her

It's not rape if she sparkling the whole time.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

shadow puppet of a posted:

Better first make sure your decontamination chamber and tubs of gel are big enough. Because...

Yeah but her name is Jolene. Could you ever call out her name without thinking you were living in a trailer park?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

bollig posted:

Voyager, S05x14:

"the hull is de-molecularizing"

This loving show

If you were whipping down the freeway and your car stopped being made of molecules, wouldn't you be alarmed?