Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

We have Obama thanks to Jack Ryans need to share his wife's tittys with the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

FuturePastNow posted:

Why was Saavik Mister Saavik in one movie but not the other

Finally got that bottom surgery.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I'm reading that book by Roddenberry's secretary/ mistress, and have come to a part where he fondles her in the backseat of a car with his wife and mother in the front. :stonk:

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Tighclops posted:

every guy in the 80's and early 90's had terrible hair like this

to be fair, some of them/us had butt cuts

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

shadow puppet of a posted:

In the Darmok episode, scared-rear end Picard loving stabs the poo poo out of the electricity monster just for being noisy. It didn't do anything other than knock over some distant rocks. What a fantastic first contact protocol.

If it weren't for those pesky writer's guild rules it would have been great if a patient, vengeful Admiral Satie and her retinue of judicial freaks should have appeared out of nowhere and started a drumhead trial on behalf of the electricity monster.

There weren't any electricity monsters at loving Tanagra.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Big Mean Jerk posted:

There was an invisible thing that definitely killed the alien captain.

Yeah, but not at the original, so they can't describe it.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

shadow puppet of a posted:

I'm no Casanova but if I'm ever handed a plastic bound copy of a woman's hundred and two laws, I'm going to book myself a little extra holodeck time and forget I ever met her.

"You'll find that laws 22-65 are about how you,Wesley, should interact with other women."

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

The whole irreplaceable photon torpedo thing was always dumb. If you can make Delta Flyers, you can make torpedoes.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

poisonpill posted:

Thanks for the write up on a terrible, terrible show. Was Paris supposed to be cool? Everything I've seen makes him seem like a pretty mellow dad who likes to tinker with old cars and drink lite beer in the garage.

He was supposed to be Nick Lacarno.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Timby posted:

Pretty much all the future designs that we see in TNG, Voyager and Enterprise are unbelievably terrible, both ships and uniforms.

It's because they have to toss together some models/outfits for one episode so they aren't going to spend the several thousand dollars per uniform/model that the regular series gets.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

revolther posted:

Anytime I see one of these uniforms my brain instantly goes, "why did they make a star trek movie about christmas again" and just checks out.

Those were the best uniforms, though. Second best is the tng movies/late ds9 black with grey shoulders.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Pick posted:

oh yeah????

This guy definitely has access to the primo varieties of k-white.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

tactlessbastard posted:

They can carry a torpedo, right?

See also PT Boats, or the biplanes that crippled the Bismarck.

I think they only carried micro-photon torpedoes, and only on the runabouts with the war backpacks.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

tactlessbastard posted:

My shame is unending

A pt boat runabout would make too much sense, so the Federation probably signed some one sided treaty promising not to use them.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

The Jem'hadar were intentionally taking glancing shots so they could kamikaze that ship to show Starfleet who they were loving with.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Bobby Deluxe posted:

im rewatching tng on netflix, it seems troi missed a trick not going for a riker sandwich with wt and tw :riker:

She'd get pushed to the side of the bed a only get to watch.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Pick posted:

I’d have hosed Tuvok, I’m nice like that. Not under normal circumstances but if he’d die otherwise.

Faking Pon Farr is the first technique taught to Vulcan PUAs.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Bogus Adventure posted:

Also, the Kzinti are kinda...well...weird.

A species of furries that genetically engineered :females: into sub-sapience, weird?

You don't say.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Ghost Leviathan posted:

They were apparently originally a slave warrior race for a different alien race, who rose up against them and wiped out their masters and took their technology. Their culture and the genetic engineering is basically what happens when you give a Bronze Age culture space age technology, as they turn men into 'heroes' (mostly good at yelling and leaping) and try to make their wives less naggy. (Ringworld Kzinti never had this change and their females are fully sentient, iirc)

They already use that origin for Klingons in Star Trek.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Kazon too.

The Kazon were just Klingons that fell into a wormhole, I refuse to believe otherwise.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Cythereal posted:

Not quite. The thing with the Klingons is that the Hur'q showed up over Qo'noS and went Independence Day on them. The Klingons fought the Hur'q off, and used salvaged and captured Hur'q technology to drastically accelerate their technological progress. This is also what forged the Klingons into a single empire rather than a bunch of bickering kingdoms and empires.

I think it's kind of implied that they still have a quasi-feudal political system because they got future tech at a medieval tech level.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Cythereal posted:

More than just implied, but the hur'q invasion is what got all the little kingdoms and empires and duchies on Qo'noS to unite as a single Klingon Empire under one banner.

I thought that Kahless did that long before the invasion, but I maybe thinking of the non-canon novels.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

In retrospect I think it would have been even funnier if he had made the whole thing up. Kira goes on this insane time travel quest using one of the holiest relics of her religion to immerse herself in a deeply uncomfortable setting, can't find any evidence that Dukat actually banged her mom, and when she gets back and calls him up to call him out he just goes "Of course I made that all up, you mean you actually bought it? This is too rich, HEY DAMAR! YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS!"

Next season, Kira's epic journey to discover if her mom was in fact, so fat.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

If I don't have enough power for my holo-harem, there will be riots in the streets.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

dudeness posted:

You have to choose, full power to one of your holo-ladies or low power for the full harem.

Like any good captain you should be able to divert power from life support systems long enough to do what needs to be done.

The asphyxiation just increases the pleasure.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Rutibex posted:

in one episode of TNG (the one where they find an old couple on a planet alone, after their colony was genocided) the away team offers the old people a fusion generator/replicator thing. they say it will give them power and food pretty much forever, and it's the size of a largish piece of luggage.

Uxbridge justed swiped the power supply to use in his sex doll factory.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Facebook Aunt posted:

As recurring characters go Bashir's genetically engineered buddies were pretty awful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Uneaf1XOmc

:suicide:

Why did they have to lock away the sex addict chick? The other girl was catatonic, fat guy was mentally challenged, and mustached dude was a mass shooter just waiting for his chance, but the horny chick just needed a holodeck and maybe a trip to Risa with Riker.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

The UT worked perfectly with the darmock people, only it was gibberish if you didn't know their myths and legends.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Bombadilillo posted:

Parasites that evolved?

Mind controlling parasites have evolved on Earth, so it makes sense.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

FuturePastNow posted:

their mistake was thinking anyone would feel emotionally invested in the destruction of Florida

I thought the aliens were just trying to reproduce that bugs bunny gif for real.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Continuity was a no no in every non daytime soap until the DVD/Blu-ray/Netflix era.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Jadzia gets to experience Kurzon stroking his old man dick to thoughts of her whenever she takes a stroll down memory lane.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Years after the Dominion War and installation of the reconstruction government the next series has the occasional acquittal. Die hard fans hate it and complain of SJWs ruining the franchise.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Lord of Pie posted:

he's gonna be stuck in that paperweight on the crashed enterprise forever despite them having 29th century mobile emitter tech now

:rip:

He's going to be the scourge of the 36th century when starfleet archaeologists find the crash and his xbox.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Pick posted:

that's a perfectly acceptable date outfit imho

A bit too much clothing for a date in the fire caves imo, but maybe it's a light material.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Were WW3 and the Eugenics Wars the same thing or were they separate but happened around the same time?

I think they are sort of trying to retcon combine them, after we got Nirvana instead of eugenics and planetary travel in the early 90s.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

The borg and dominion problems could have been solved easily with a small stockpile of genesis torpedoes.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Mudd was just a yenta with an illegal starship.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

If Dax goes to warp 10 does the worm become a salamander too or stay the same?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Bombadilillo posted:

Points at Bones discoing up to a lady to tell her he'll treat her like the Enterprise.

Kidnap her, blow her up, and slam her into a planet?