Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Enjoyed the pilot. Glad to see Rudy getting more work. Kickass VFX on the scene where he jumps out of the plane. The angle, perspective, really sold the freefall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I loved that line, so well delivered.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I've been on the fence with this show, but tonight's episode was fuckin legit. The motel fight had me smiling the entire time. So absurd.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Every time someone posts a panel from the Preacher comic all I can see is:

Didn't expect to find a picture of Lucky with such a perfect caption.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BIG HEADLINE posted:

My guess is that the "Power" part of "Meat & Power" is the use of cow farts (methane) to generate electricity. If the concentration isn't kept in check, boom.

Ah that makes sense. I've never read the comic I thought maybe they were going for a surreal hint at hell with this some office space kinda guy keeping the lid on everything. Like hell needs to be pressure regulated or it just starts shooting out of the sewers.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sentinel Red posted:

If the Cowboy is currently just another dude suffering in Hell at this point, it doesn't really jive with DeBlanc and Fiore's view of him as the nuclear option, does it? On the other hand, if he already has taken up his 'destiny', might it mean DeBlanc is now gone from the show? If he just does the usual angel trick of appearing again few minutes later, it kind of neuters the Saint's power/threat somewhat because if he can't put a mere single rear end in a top hat angel out of commission permanently...

Still wanna see Hell freeze over. :colbert:

Eh, maybe he gets spit back out in Heaven and it's super inconvenient for him to get back to Earth without explaining how he got back to Heaven to begin with. Like everybody up there knows the only way for an angel to get back in is to walk up to the front door(and explain your reasoning) or get killed in Hell, and he didn't knock.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Spuckuk posted:

Wild but interesting theory I heard elsewhere: Deblanc and Fiore aren't both Angels, one of them is a Demon, and they're the parents of Genesis.

When they introduce themselves "We're Angels..." "BOTH of us"

"My dear" in the last episode.

"They'd split us up" as well.

Only one of them is seen using the phone.

Only one is shown lying.

When asked whether it's possible to retrieve someone from hell, they have conflicting answers.

Either way it's the best bromance on TV right now. :angel:

Duuuuuuude thats awesome, good catch.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Justin Credible posted:

I laughed really hard and for quite a long time at the 'Leave the comics behind' part. The setup, delivery, meta, everything just twanged a particular string and I kept cracking up after I thought I was done. Good stuff.

HAH I didn't even catch the meta commentary there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Action Man posted:

Wouldn't there be an APB out for Custer since he escaped from police custody after being arrested days before the town was destroyed?

APBs are for people you have to look for. Sheriff knew exactly where to find Preacher.

Not enough love for the wife yelling "THAT SUMBITCH PRAYCHAH!!" That line was so over the top methed out redneck.

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Aug 3, 2016

• Locked thread