Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

WickedHate posted:

She was trying to kill Jesse, presumably. Incapacitating the other two wouldn't have done any good, since they could be freed or killed for a respawn by their allies, and one of them did yell "kill me!" off screen.
I thought she was trying to reach the heaven phone, to call for reinforcements. She did have Jesse at gunpoint at the start of the fight, but then he did his little "you'll have to look away to use the phone" speech, and disarmed her when she did just that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Johnny Truant posted:

I'm curious as to why Jesse didn't just use the Word during the Seraphim fight. I'm not complaining at all cause that scene was :krad: but I feel like it would've saved them a lot of trouble, right? I know the two angels(what're their names, again? Fiore and...?) said never ever to use it, but I thought that was just their ultimatum, and not something specific to the Seraphim?
I think he didn't want the Seraphim to find out that Genesis was with him.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Edmond Dantes posted:

Also, when they flip the coin to decide whether to go to heaven or hell, one of them says "you have no idea how it is down there, believe me"
And when they discuss how Fiore should answer the ringing phone, DeBlanc says "Remember, you're the sweet one. They love you up there."

Should we really be spoilering speculation based on episodes that have already aired?

Also, small detail I just noticed while rewatching the Cowboy scenes: In the original episode 5 Ratwater scenes, when the preacher is holding the gun to the horse's head, the Cowboy says "Don't". In the hell montage, he says "No". It's not exactly the same footage. I didn't notice any other changes, but I'll have to watch those scenes again.

SimonChris fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jul 26, 2016

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer
One more thing occurred to me: Deblanc and Fiore have regularly talked about asking heaven for forgiveness, and everybody asummed that this concerned their unauthorized visit to earth. What if they have been on the run since they had Genesis, and that's what they want forgiven? I always thought sending Seraphim to hunt them down seemed a bit out of proportion simply for an unauthorized trip.... Surely, as custodians of Genesis, they would be perfectly within their rights to go get it back, yet heaven has wanted posters out for them and warrior angels scouring the earth the catch them.

SimonChris fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jul 26, 2016

• Locked thread