Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Mrs Shenck was probably attracted to him because he is a violent bellend. :ms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Mortanis posted:

Nah, in the comics Jesse is more or less 100% justified and right at all times. There's only a small period where he uses The Voice for personal gain but that fades into the background as they resume the quest for God again. Overall, everything Jesse puts out to do is shown as being a righteous thing by the end - he's an rear end in a top hat, but a justified and correct one.

Really Jesse is kind of static and doesn't change much. His best arc is pretty early in the series.

He kept leaving Tulip with those notes.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

JazzFlight posted:

Yeah, comics Jesse is kind of like Jack Bauer on 24. He does whatever he wants and it's probably the "right" choice in his universe.

His treatment and general condescension of Tulip, wasn't right in anyway. Not just in a SJW way. There were several times he got hosed over because he left her behind, making matters worse for all of them. He also left her thinking he was dead in the company of Cassidy for what? 6 Months. All down to him seeing them kissing at a cafe. The cowboy fetish is a big flaw in his character. He lets his cyclops friend get no justice, he just walks away from the situation. I'll spoiler it as it may make up some plots in the show.

I don't think he is right about everything, there are just few unintended consequences. The big one, the 6 month one, he chose himself. I doubt that will be in the show as the major antagonist was Odin, but you never know.

Jesse Custer is a chauvinist, just like the cowboys he idolises.

• Locked thread