Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

NowonSA posted:

^^ We'll probably get something similar to that later, I'll be surprised if we don't.

I've never really seen it as a particularly low-budget show. They've done a lot of different sets, thrown together crashed helicopters, frequent effects (gore effects if nothing else), I don't expect it to get a budget increase despite getting a second season, unless ratings really start going up. It's dropped from about a 2.4 million viewer premiere to a low point of 1.1 million. It seems to be bouncing back from that low a bit, but that's a hell of a plunge.

Into the Badlands got a second season well after the last episode of its season ended though, and had similar ratings issues, so maybe AMC is just more willing to give shows time and cares less about ratings than other networks. I was shocked that halt and catch fire was coming back for instance since I remember it's ratings were especially bad and it didn't really get critical acclaim like Preacher (and to a lesser degree Badlands) got. After you get a payoff on shows like Breaking Bad and Mad Men really putting your network on the map after slow starts, I suppose you become willing to take a lot more risks and keeps shows running with all your Walking Dead money.

Basically yeah. If the critics like it and people will binge it on Netflix they're going to keep it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread