Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Ol' Odin is the Meat Man and "To Serve God" is a cookbook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Supreme Allah posted:

Oh sorry - you figure the word would compel them to use the nearest flammable means to do what it told them. That makes sense, the show may do some stuff like that even though the comic didn't show it that way.

But Eugene did just spontaneously disappear so I expect they'll explore the actual limits of the Word to do 'magic' as much as Jesse did in the comic -- not very much at all.

There was also the serial killer in the comic who Jesse killed with one punch because he said DIE while hitting the guy.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

:tviv:
As a fan of Dillon these last twenty years or so, I'm shocked to learn that he CAN draw faces if he tries. There's at least four or five different faces between them seven people. Now if only Dominic Cooper can put as much effort into staying in his Texas accent consistently.

(edit)

scuba school sucks fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jul 22, 2016

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

odiv posted:

The pair seemed pretty put off by the joining of angel and demon, called them traitors. A show? Overcompensation?

I think that was genuine moral offense. They might overcompensate in front of other angels, but why would they need to put on a show in front of a human who (at that point) doesn't even believe them?

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

Yeah, that was a really good job of using the viewer's prejudice against them so that we were as surprised as Tulip when Jesse walked out of the shower.

Preacher: Like Lady and The Tramp, but in our butts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The biggest problem with NCFOM is it isn't Fargo or True Grit but other than that it's great. I can see why watching the first fifteen minutes you might get the impression it's going to explode into some Once Upon A Time In Mexico action and then you keep waiting and it never gets to that part and Comic Sheriff Root summarizes the movie for you and then the credits roll. Imagine MST3K but it's the cops from Hot Fuzz watching that flick for the first time.

• Locked thread