Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Disjointed is certainly the word I'd use. It seemed to lack any kind of steady flow, that the characters were the only things really keeping it together. The Cassidy thing was fantastic though, Tulip's was not as good, but worked for the character. Though really, I don't need another show with people with accents being lovely to each other. Why is this such a popular setting for cable dramas?

I am glad the Voice was there, because honestly, all the promotional materials I saw had zero mention of anything supernatural outside of Cassidy. Though I'm not sure of what to think about the opening shots. It literally looked like the opening of MST3k or something.

Anyways, it has potential, as long as they get out of town asap and go on the road. I can live with not seeing the Grail or the Saint of Killers until season 2, but i just don't want to have to see more sweaty rednecks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I liked how Genesis went to a Satanic church, because those totally exist right?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Zaphod42 posted:

"that doesn't make sense"

They're wondering why Genesis picked Jesse of everybody, and why he was able to survive where others weren't. That or they're just shocked at seeing Arseface!

I figured because the other people who it went to would use it for their own, selfish purposes. The African Preacher said "I can do anything!' then exploded, and then we could easily believe the Satanic Priest and Cruise would have the same reaction, while Jesse would not

Rhyno posted:

I could got for an NC-17 animated film.

Spider tits would be an R at best.

And I knew Y would die because there is no way anyone would greenlight a show without a majority male cast, even in this day and age.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Could the dialog not be "hey Preacher..." "Preacher, I..." "Hey Preacher" so much. God drat. I just want the show to be Tulip and Jesse at this point so I don't have to hear every 3rd word be Preacher.

Anyways, Cassidy vs the mystery dudes was awesome, and the meat monger guy was creepy. Though It kind of looked like they just took those peoples land for nothing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

LadyPictureShow posted:

I noticed that too. It's a little bothersome, like as soon as you notice someone with a vocal tic, then can't not notice it.

Agreed on the Cassidy/cowboy hats fight. I liked the shot of the severed arm and the chainsaw slowly chattering down the aisle toward Jessie.

It was very Evil Dead. I like how they just appeared in the Motel Room, rather than showing them get out of the trunk or something.

Hollismason posted:

That's how you address a Preacher. You don't say " Hey Jesse". Although really they should refer to him as Pastor ,but it's a southern thing to refer to a Pastor as Preacher as in " Howdy Preacher".

While true, it's always said by an actor with an emphasis. Like they're told "You gotta remind me people about the name of the show". I like Cassidy calling him Padre because it feels natural, and Tulip says it in a mocking way.

They were really vague on what that dude was doing with the girl. What he molesting her or just jerking it thinking about her? From the earlier part of the episode, I thought maybe there was a Hooker he kept visiting or something, so he was sinning but it was just cheating on his wife, but then nope, he's a kid diddler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I don't like the idea that they're going to judge fan and critical reaction before bringing in stuff like the Grail maybe the more heavier religious and supernatural aspects. If they don't leave Anneville, it will be pretty silly watching them out run the Saint every episode

• Locked thread