Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
a

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Red Robin Hood needs spending money. I vote A - Meet with buyer.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
A I like this thief.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

E death to kapitalism

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
E

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

E

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

C - don't take the first price that walks into our lives. Especially since we usually seek buyers out, not the other way round. Stay safe poverty ghost undercover communist

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
E

Lazaruise
Jan 25, 2009
B

A thief's work is never done and looking at art in museums help us keep our cover as an art critic and seller anyways.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
E

ProfFrink
Nov 7, 2007

"Stun" may be a bit of a misnomer.
B

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
B

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
E-rise, all victims of oppression.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Current totals

E - 7

B - 4
A - 3
C - 1
D - 1

You sunk my battleship! er, I mean, so far it looks like onwards for the revolution.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Grey Hunter posted:

Current totals

E - 7

B - 4
A - 3
C - 1
D - 1

You sunk my battleship! er, I mean, so far it looks like onwards for the revolution.

Battleship POTEMKIN :getin:

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I can't wait until we get to visit Eniewetok

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
If it's not too late, a vote for B is a vote for doing our day job. Plausible deniability and all.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
We must seize the means of soul production and overthrow our multi-dimensional overlords!

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
E

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

B

Arraxis
Jul 10, 2012
I vote for B. Bit too early to sell our merchandise, and we should get an idea of anything nice in the future. After all, the Communists need as much money as they can get, and we want to maintain our own lifestyle at the same time.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

9-7 for option E. But B is still in with a chance!

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

B

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

9-8

I'll leave this open for another 12 hours or so, then start writing this up.

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Those sure are words on pages which are given in a sequential order!
E

MajorJohnSteed
Dec 20, 2014
E

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
B!

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Back off, man, I'm an art critic!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
B

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

E - 11
B - 11

A - 3
C - 1
D - 1

And now its a dead heat!

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

B

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

From D to E
:devil:

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Switching from A to E.

Chemifox
May 2, 2016
E!

Ms. Happiness
Aug 26, 2009

E

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

E has it

I'll have the next but up asap, but today has been busier than expected, so tomorrow morning may be the next time. (I have my star wars game soon.)

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Not Michelle from the Resistance…

Louis considers his options over the fresh glass of wine. He had not paid a visit to the Les Gens Rouges, and it was time for another mysterious donation.

He finished his wine, had a good meal, and then returned home. Monsieur Tartin, his pet cat, was of course pleased to see him - mainly because his food bowl was empty. He spent the rest of the evening reading some publications on new art trends with Tartin on his lap.

The next day he got up, had breakfast and headed out. It was still early on the streets, but where he was going, he was fairly certain no one slept. Les Gens Rouges operated out of an abandoned warehouse. It was not the groups real name, that was something like the “People’s Committee for the future of France”. But everyone called them Les Gens Rouges.

Entering the building, the first section was stacked high with communist pamphlets, just past that the printing press worked near continuously, staffed by two grumpy men who chain smoked and were constantly covered in printers ink.

Deeper into the warehouse, he passed a room giving a lecture on Dialectical materialism. The room was only sparsely populated at this early hour, but the speaker was marching around the makeshift podium with gusto and giving the lecture at a volume bordering on shouting. Everyone in the room was watching and listening intently. You had to be committed to be here listening to a lecture at this time in the morning.

After that, the groups offices, and that was when the first person spoke to him.

“Monsieur Dumont! It is great to see you. Have you a new donation for us from our mysterious benefactor?” said a voice studied in the art of seduction.
Michelle Dubois, head of this communist group, was something special. She drew the eye almost unconsciously, a beautiful, tall redhead, she was almost always dressed in a red skirt, white blouse (unbuttoned to show slightly more cleavage than really appropriate.) and a red neck scarf. When outside she wore a black beret and long tan trench coat favoured by the group. She also prefered to be called Rouge - for her hair and for her political beliefs.

While her looks marked her out, they were linked to a powerful mind - she was a true believer in the communist ideals, but she was also a realist who knew that certain things had to be done to achieve results. Rouge led the group with an iron fist in a velvet group, and was normally to be seen at any major political rally of any side.

Smart and attractive, she had a circle of young men who orbited her in worship - These were her people, and the reason the group was more commonly known as Les Gens Rouges. Whether they got anywhere with her Louis did not know, but she flirted with every man who came through the door, more so if she thought she could get something from them.

Their relationship was an odd one. On the surface, Louis arrived once a month or so with a donation from his criminal escapades - dressed of course as a donation from some patron who would prefer to remain anonymous. Rouge did not question these donations to much, as they made up a sizable part of her operational budget. She had, however, made a comment about the timing of said donations.

“Of course, mon cheri! Our mutual friend has not forgotten you!” he passed a bundle of notes with the bulk of the proceeds from the heist before last, some painting by some abstract artist.

“Thank you! You know these are always appreciated, and if your donor would like to come forward, I’m sure we could arrange an appropriate show of gratitude.” She smiled at him. He was fairly certain she suspected him of being the donor. “If you would join me in my office, I have something to discuss with you.”

Louis followed her into the room, which was bare and utilitarian, with photos of Marx and Lenin on the walls. There was a large and tidy desk in the centre, with a few chairs around it - it was a round desk, as Rouge prefered to make things more even. She sat and put her legs up on a spare chair. Once Louis had take a chair opposite her, she continued.

“Listen very carefully, I will say this only once.” She began. She loved that phrase, it made people think what she was about to say was secret and important. “We have heard that a certain bourgeois pig has in his possession a work of immense importance to us - an unpublished work by Karl Marx called Der große Gattungswesen Konzentration. This is, of course, of great interest to Communists across the world! If only someone could liberate it from the Capitalists and bring it to people who would really care for it!”

And there it was, the unspoken hint that she knew what Louis did at nights, that he was in fact the Pink Panther. There was a pregnant pause in the air as Loius considered his options.

A) An unpublished work by Marx? What secrets would we learn from the master? (Steal the book for the communists)
B) An unpublished work by Marx? That would fetch a pretty penny on the market. (Steal the book and sell it.)
C) We’re an art thief, not a book theif. (This is useful information, but we are looking for something different.)
D) Gratitude? Let us talk more about that. (Reveal our secret identity to Rouge.)
E) Something else.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
A. Let the Pink Panther steal from the capitalist swine and redistribute truth to the people!

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
C

We're a Communist but we're not like one of this lady's lapdogs. There's a reason we've kept our distance and not revealed our secret identity to her and we accept this job we put ourselves at the mercy of someone who won't hesitate to hold such knowledge over our head at a later date.

Maybe we'll steal the book but if we did, it would be for our own library of communist literature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

C Not quite up our alley, but still interesting information to hold onto.

• Locked thread