Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I've got a Torb POTG from before the rework that's just me hammering away at a turret while kill notifications pop up and that's the most Torb POTG ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

SKULL.GIF posted:

You think? It seems like it'd make these even worse: an immortal Bastion with double damage?

Yeah the fact of a Bastion's vulnerability while in turret mode is the only thing that mitigates him?.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

It only causes problems when the people responsible for understanding the data are bad, which is something a whole lot of people don't seem to understand. Having data means nothing if you can't properly figure out how to use it for anything.

This happens in every kind of game - there's horror stories of people in the 90s asking white Wolf how the probabilities of their dice system worked so new mechanics could be designed to be in line with existing mechanics and being told "LOL we have no idea, just make something up".

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Kyrosiris posted:

It works for them in League. :v:

And it seems to work for Paladins.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Bellular was saying that current word is that skins won't carry over from OW1 and I'm not going to lie that would seriously put me off since collecting skins is one of the things I like best about it.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

I'm not sure the reveal isn't going to be equally strange.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Would something analagous to the windows on Hanamura fix it?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1258544588039483392

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

In the past 3-4 weeks I've probably opened ten loot boxes, and every single item I've pulled from them except a couple of yellow-rarity skins has been a duplicate to an item I already had. I do not have anything like the number of unlocks that would be necessary to make this make any sense. Is this happening to anybody else?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Pope Corky the IX posted:

There are a bunch of unlocks that are event-specific or tied to achievements. We're at the point where that's all we have left to acquire so everything is a duplicate unless there's an event going on.

I figured out that it's both this and also the fact that the vast majority of drops are common quality- most of what I don't have is purple or higher, and of course those drop less often.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

dogstile posted:

He relentlessly shittalks his team, which makes them throw and then he gets banned, every season, like clockwork.

This is apparently why overwatch's elo system sucks

I almost never get grouped with dudes like that so it sounds like the system works? :shrug:

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Anyway instead of 9 wins a week to finish the weekly challenges for this event, you need 30 of the stars awarded at the end of PVE events, with Uprising providing double stars. So if you just want to get the challenge unlocks, five normal Uprisings a week will do it.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Any tips for playing Rein on defense? I love pressing W with him but in defensive situations I feel like I can't figure out how to get to effective range with the enemy without winding up in a terrible position I can't easily escape from.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Found on Twitter

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Give me 4 DPS 1 tank 1 healer.

Also its TF2 6s.

Screw 6s, as long as we're following the example of TF2 it's time for a Highlander mode.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

I really hate getting caught by Tactical Visor and I still think that's a really good change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Ashcans posted:

The most forgiving guess I have is that the use of the skin is somehow legally tied up with the charity they worked with and there is something there preventing them easily releasing it. Although I can't for the life of me guess why either Blizzard or the charity wouldn't want to reopen that money faucet?

The charity might not want to be associated with ActiBlizz due to the, you know, lawsuit.

Pope Guilty fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Apr 2, 2022