Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Xarbala posted:

The main difference is TF2 was put on life support by Valve, while Overwatch is Blizzard's life support.

The only thing keeping TF2 remotely alive is the good will of a couple of key Valve people and the work of the community. It is super weird to hear Overwatch described as being neglected when it gets regular updates and events, has a proper, supported competitive scene, etc etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

AkumaHokoru posted:

her art has been floating around again but with a proper name i think she is the african american female they want to add

...pretty sure she's going to be Australian. Sojourn looks to be African-American tho.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

The best thing about L4D was Goons4Dead, so Overwatch 2 won't be good unless there's a guild system

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

*me, a support, sobbing into the mic,* a tank.. please..anyone
*my team* *Genji, Widow, Ashe, Hanzo, Bastion for some loving reason*

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I've been playing on the PTR and 2-2-2 has made my playing experience %100 better.

Yes I do play support and tank, why do you ask?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Wildtortilla posted:

I've noticed people being real jerks lately in all the OW threads I follow. :(

The Overwatch and Chill thread is still good

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

The most fun you can have as Moira is killing bad Doomfist players

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Ana can work on attack tho?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Give moira a shield

:hmmyes:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

teagone posted:

Even hardcore players can suck.

:hmmyes:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Lol, I guess "taken inspiration from L4D" also extends to the sequel and how it ended up being just one game.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I get enough coins from random free loot boxes to get the skins I want, why would I want to pay for a battle pass

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I barely notice anyone else's skins, the only time I've been confused was when I was just starting out and heard "Get ready for a shock!" and was all :confused:

EDIT: I just got a loot box that had the Sigma Rime skin AND the Hammond Imbibe victory pose in it

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Dec 28, 2019

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I have discovered the trick to not getting mad at bad teammates. it is to be too ill to muster the energy for it and just tell everyone they tried their best

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

*me running a fever and playing Reinhardt* thank u my beautiful support friends, my guardian angels also one of the DPS plz go Widow and shoot that Pharah

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Macaluso posted:

:lol: a WIDOW... shooting a :lmao: :lmao: ahahhah a Widow shooting a PHARA :laffo: :laffo: :laffo: hahahah lmfbo

That's how you tell I'm running a fever

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I've been playing Zarya a lot lately, 1-3-2 would take some of the fun away from being a buddy-tank, as well as getting more flak if I hosed up a multi-bubble.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Time Crisis Actor posted:

I really like Mystery Heroes because it forces you to be at least semi-competent at every role, if not every hero. It also forces you to understand how your particular hero fits in with different compositions, or at the very least synergizes with other heroes. It's uncomfortable, chaotic and stupid, but it's a good mode overall.

Same. It's just incredibly frustrating when there's suddenly a comp with three Torbs, two Orisas and a Mercy on the payload.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I'd like to see a limit on hero duplications, as funny as it is to suddenly have 3 Moiras and have all the healing in the universe. Not a full boring lockdown just some guides to stop poo poo becoming unfun.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Ashcans posted:

I actually don't mind when you hit an impossible enemy comp; I mean yea you lose, but it's nothing you did and very little you could have done, so it's just rolling the dice and coming up 1s. It's way worse when you're playing and land in a really good comp and then three of your teammates immediately go off and get killed because they don't have the slightest idea how to play tank/healer/etc., because in that situation victory was in your grasp and you hosed it all up on your own.

I'm the complete opposite because I absolutely HATE that perceived loss of agency. If defeat is inevitable and I'm just going to smash my head against a brick wall then why am I playing (I get defeatist way too easily, it's a problem). If my team just sucks well.. I guess we suck and it was an honest loss.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Ad by Khad posted:

ow2 is just the pve parts. blizzard employees have said that if all you care about is pvp, you dont need to buy ow2 at all and will still receive all the benefits, new modes, new heroes, new maps etc

personally i care a lot about the pve and my goon friends who wont play ow because it is pvp are pretty universally jazzed for it, but you have the option here

I forsee having to own OW2 to get access to any new cosmetics etc, which will no doubt be handled by a battlepass system rather than loot boxes.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Can't wait for the inevitable Genji nerf, every single game there's a Genji that puts their back out carrying

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Can't wait for the inevitable Genji nerf, every single game there's a Genji that puts their back out carrying

Let me walk this statement back slightly by saying that it is currently hilarious being an Ana and sending out your roided up hyperactive child into the world with a knife

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Yeah this is a super weird change and not really what the character needed.

Except for narrowing the Suck Beam. That's definitely a good move.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

drrockso20 posted:

Heavy disagreement on that last part, her grasp is already pretty pathetic, it doesn't need more nerfs(if anything it could use a slight buff)

It's only a nerf in so much that it raises the skill floor extremely slightly so that you have to aim more. Anything that discourages DPS Moira is fine with me.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I used to play almost exclusively Moira but now I just find her boring. I'm having a lot more fun with Ana, even if I'm an old man who can't aim for poo poo. There's far more satisfaction in landing a huge 'nade on the enemy team, or handing out a clutch nano.

Or accidentally nanoing Baby DVA.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

drrockso20 posted:

Maybe it's just cause I'm on console and thus suck at aiming but I just can't figure out how to play Ana well

I'm a scrub tier nobody so take all of this with a grain of salt, but;

Use your 'nade more offensively than as a healing tool, toss it into a tight group of enemies just after a shield breaks.
Anyone with self-heal abilities loving hates to be naded, so use it on them at any opportunity. Good way to melt a Hog.
Save your sleep dart to save your own rear end, to save a team-mate being charged, or just when it's funny.
Sleep cancels Whole Hog, Bob, Gravitic Flux, and most importantly, Nanoblade. Call it when you use it so your idiot team mates don't wake the target up. They will anyway but at least you tried.
You can spam no-scope healing shots into a group of teammates, but watch your reload because it is the longest thing in the entire universe.
Scoped shots are for DPS who are very far away, or when you got picked and are coming out of spawn with a good LOS to a fight. Nano is a really good way to save a tank who's having their rear end handed to them. Otherwise, use it on an ulting Genji. Or whenever really.

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jul 28, 2020

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Yeah they're using the Experimental Card to throw things at the wall and see what sticks, which is a neat idea. Might as well let the community play with the concepts you've been playing with in house.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I tilt way harder on Quick Play than I do on Comp, and I think it's because I know that in comp at least people are trying. They may suck, they may be idiots who aren't listening to the entire team yelling "PLEASE USE YOUR GRAV" but on some level, they're trying their best :unsmith:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Playing Ana I find myself more and more aware when I'm out of position, or when I screw up a 'nade, or when I get picked off before I hit Q and save the dying tank. It's depressing, but educational.

I'm also aware when my DPS will never peel for me or even push and I should just switch to Brig and try to drag everyone along with me.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

rein is way more chill and fun to play when you're not just acting like Fat Genji and charging in unsupported.

could you please tell this to literally every Rein I've ever played with, thanks in advance

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I have a lot of trouble working out what the gently caress is the difference between getting completely rolled and actually winning a game so I just assume it's my dumbass self loving something up, even if it's not

EDIT: I'm also really noticing the Ana changes, the amount of times I've watched someone die while I was reloading...

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Sep 5, 2020

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

black.lion posted:

On the other hand sometimes you have to Fat Genji to get your team to push, it's a balance really

They could at least stay in my line of sight and not also be behind an enemy shield :mad:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

This year's Halloween skins look pretty great
https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1314936682098040832?s=20

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Interview with Jeff about OW2 stuff:
https://www.ign.com/articles/overwatch-2-at-blizzcon-2021-the-big-jeff-kaplan-interview

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

If there was a map select option I would play Kanezaka deathmatch all day

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

dogstile posted:

None of these changes are ever meant to go live and are for a specific fun mini tournament. They're not nerfing sombra in any other sense, lol.

Sombra isn't OP or anything but I think having hack as an ability is a mistake and extremely unfun (her ult is fine though). Just having all your kit just turn off suckkkkkkkkkkkks.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

xtal posted:

Sombra's hack is just a worse version of Rocket Punch. It's like if you have the charge time, but instead of the ultimate CC (instantly killing them) , that was when you got to start shooting them with a weak rear end weapon that takes 100% accuracy to clip with.

Rocket punch is horizontal only, is way louder, and imo dying feels way less frustrating than being alive but not being able to actually play your character. The only the worse is being chain stunned or frozen, and for the same reasons.

Also the range on Hack means it's far less risky, that Doomfist has to commit to kill you, then make sure they stick the escape.

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Mar 17, 2021

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Bioshock Zenyatta is the only good skin this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

black.lion posted:

Umm did u see Zaryas dragon cannon???

Yes sorry, "Zarya as an Eastern-Slavic knight carrying a dragon gun" is the other one.