Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Microwaves Mom posted:

Okay I looked at Junkrat he does have a robot arm.

So Torb Junkrat

but how is symmetra robotic in any way? She wears like a visor and has an autism gun.

nanovaccines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I want to play some games with stuff like 3 reinhardt strats

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Yesterday as Pharah I slowly floated slightly behind and slightly above a moving platform to use it as mobile cover while a widowmaker below tried to get a bead on me.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

She has the tools to gently caress up the other team trying to unload an ult on your team, which, surprisingly is pretty consistently useful. Mcree and Roadhog can do the same kind of thing against certain ults but not with as much versatility, and are more likely to have their stuff on cooldown.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

KoB posted:

Why should Roadhog be rewarded with a longer stun duration for hooking someone literally right in his face? It makes more sense to reward a long pinpoint hook.

Think of it not so much as a reward as a penalty for the other player having bad positioning in letting the lumbering close combat fighter get right next to them.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

It might be nice if widowmaker had a constant particle effect around her head while her ult was up.

I'll make the joke about it blocking her vision for you.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Wait for genji to go on someone and then jump him as winston. Winston is pretty good for making flankers' lives hell if you wait til they've committed.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Jastiger posted:

Pharah's rockets should be buffed in damage for direct hits.

I think what I'd like for pharah if she ever needs to be buffed is to cut the distance on her vertical boost in half and give it two charges like tracer's three blinks.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Zorodius posted:

Turning off kill cam seems like the way to go. You benefit more from getting some intel while you're waiting to respawn.

You can just click through it to get to the other spectator mode. Probably a good idea to know where that widowmaker shot you from, first.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

You can try informing meis in your games that you can cancel the wall.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

No he's talking about the dhinorocerus that the guy already had.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Stick with the core of your team and try to be a problem solver for whoever on your team is in trouble. Or play someone else and just switch to her for overtime on defense.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Away all Goats posted:

Even better when they damage boost a reinhardt shielding :downs:

Someone was saying this makes the shield tougher or something.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

BJPaskoff posted:

I've played mostly single player FPS games my whole life, so I can't get into the mindset of a support player. I point my Mercy's Magic Medic gun at the good guys instead of the bad guys and pull the trigger, and then when they die I scramble out of there or I get mowed down by whatever killed them. Please, what do I have to do to get good at supporting? If I'm not dealing (and/or soaking up) damage I don't know what to do with myself. But I see the difference a good support makes and I think I should be able to do that if no one else on my pubbie team is willing, as is the case in most games.

You only have to pay a small amount of attention to the guy you're healing as mercy. The most important skill for her is to get on your microphone and call out stuff coming in from odd angles.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

It'd be nice if it was another debuffer, there's only one of those and three separate healers.

Counterpoint is that zenyatta's "press e to make this person worse" is really boring and they should stick with stuff you have to aim whenever possible, like mei or mcree etc.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I dunno I'm coming around to liking lucio way better again now that I'm learning the maps. It probably wouldn't work in top tier mmr but he's actually not that bad sitting on the front line, dancing overtop of the payload, being a dodgy rear end in a top hat, and pinging people in the head with his glob shots.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Lucio doesn't have any reason to go try and be a flanker outside of some rare cliff setup, but that doesn't mean that anyone sitting behind the team and spamming blindly from safety is using him to his full potential. If nothing else, learn how do quick little wall ride routes so you can fire from odd angles. You're more likely to land shots if you're not defining obvious spam corridors and you'll split your enemy's attention.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

^^ the charge must have hit its max range right before you hit bottom because normally he'll carry you all the way down.

Here's a large partial Zenyatta rework idea:

Harmony orb and Discord orb merged onto one button, you only get to have one orb or the other out at a time. Zen gains a new skill that gives him 3 or so damage shells that each block a single instance of any amount of damage, with 8 second max duration (or until depleted), 12 second cooldown.

Becomes a strong 1v1er, but not much different in a team fight. Makes him very annoying to snipers, pharah and junkrat. Probably wins long range versus mcree. Makes him really good versus junkrat and d va ults. Tracer/Mei/Winston etc still melt him.

The design space for shield skills in this game is kinda busy but I think it could fit.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I was thinking it might be neat if the orb was a little bit more powerful if you'd had the other version out for at least a second or two in the very recent past.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

SC2 arcade is probably wildly different. I don't imagine there'll be a lot of player made maps unless there's a big shakeup of some sort.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

There's some way to get a bunch of symmetra turrets inside of a bridge volume that the payload has to pass under on dorado, to go with that reaper exploit on anubis.

I couldn't figure out a way to hit them and they shot out of the volume just fine.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

He's not really a flanker. He's just OP in blind corridors. Most of the time he should be with the core group because he can shut down flankers so easily.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

You need another person standing behind reinhardt's shield doing damage and the league you're playing in has banned more than 2 mcrees.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Good D.VA change would be to put her boosters on a fuel bar like pharah's spacebar float, so you don't have to blow the whole cooldown when you go for a short hop, and you don't have to wait for the whole thing to recharge before you can make a small boost again.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

If the matchmaking isn't stupid it'll give a small effective MMR adjustment to make up for the party size difference. The only losers in that scenario are people that party together but don't coordinate anyways.

But maybe blizzard hasn't gotten that far with the idea, I don't know.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I already see a fair number of 3 minute queues, thanks. Hope you enjoy 30 minute queues then.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

If there's a white mariachi reaper and a white cowboy mcree in the game I often can't tell them apart.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Zenyatta seems okay with a D Va for the game's low power gimpy combo. She's a lot better when she's getting a constant heal and you don't have to drag your mercy into the fray with you.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Mcree is probably standing around doing something useful so the onus is on genji to gently caress poo poo up near him. If the genji can't do that then the mcree is probably winning.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

He's got ok power, and his clip seems pretty deep to me. Aim for the head if you can. At long range aim for the head and keep your bursts to about 4 shots, which is where the bullet spread really kicks up on him.

Rockets do 120 damage, too.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Also, "ok power" puts him in like the top third for damage dealers. There's like 3 and a half low damage tanks, and about as many low damage supports.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Xaris posted:

Is there any reason not to be spamming jump like a jackrabbit on crack as almost every character?

I think it's just habit coming from way too much time in NS and I know it doesn't effect accuracy

Don't do it if reinhardt is meleeing you, anyways. His wallops have sideways knock and you won't be able to re-accelerate as quickly if you're in the air, which makes you noticeably slower in trying to get away from him.

The jump arc always looks a little predictable in the killcam when you get owned by a widowmaker, too.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Father Wendigo posted:

Am I missing something about Winston? His shield might as well be styrafoam, and the cooldown is ridiculous at over ten seconds. On top of that, his super only really shines on maps with lots of pits to work with.

His DPS is low but he can drop on top of people without having to take the long way around the map. I feel like the whole point with him is either to drop extra pressure on opponents that a teammate is already engaging, or drop in on an ally that's in trouble to relieve the pressure. If you can get on top of people that have their cooldowns already expended then there's basically no way for them to outlast you.

Other than jumping a widowmaker you don't want to be engaging people that are well positioned by yourself. The worst winston play is jumping right to the point while the other team watches you coming.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

You instantly get another jump cooldown when starting Winston's ult and another one when it ends. You really have every reason to pop his ult while you're already in the middle of the fray.

Unless you want to pop it midair so you can do a double super jump.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Bloody Pancreas posted:

I just don't get how you guys can wholeheartedly defend maps with narrow walkpoints that lead in unavoidable knockback deaths and with the same breath cry out about how Mcree eats through tanks or Hanzo's arrows have hitboxes like bricks. Shouldn't balanced play be balanced around preventing unavoidable kills?

The difference is whether it's fun or not. Especially whether it's fun in consideration with how often it happens. If the whole game was getting shot off of cliffs then it might get aggravating, but outside of your own personal experience I don't think that's the case.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

D Va is definitely less effected by knocks or else I'm crazy.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

If I start winning as symmetra on a koth map and get a teleporter up it's usually a blowout. She's a "win harder" character but that's actually good for koth. If you die more than once it's probably time to switch off.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Jumping is more okay the closer you are to your opponent, except against reinhardt. You can't jump over his hammer swings at all and you'll get yourself stuck in a vortex of sideways knockbacks.

Of course, if you're jumping to make it harder for a close opponent to hit you, you might also be making yourself more predictable to one of their teammates who might be sitting off a little distance away.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

JackDarko posted:

Is there a reason that I could set my m4 as my melee in the menu options but when actually in game I can't melee by hitting m4? This happened after today's patch.

Do you have different per hero settings? Punch on m4 is working for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I bought helmet hockey lucio because I wanted the ugliest one.