Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice
ELO Hell is real and I know because I live there. Placed into low gold a couple seasons back. Now I feel like I've learned a lot and play better than ever and I can't get out of low silver and I'll be bronze soon. Very cool!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice
I'm definitely not opposed to the idea that the player base changed enough in 2 seasons to alter the rankings that much, which is fine, except when you rank into a bracket where people play poorly more than 50% there's not much you can do as a solo player.

Edit: missed a letter

withoutclass fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Apr 8, 2021

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice

dogstile posted:

Please explain how my winrate was solidly above 80/90% in every case where I queued from Bronze upwards, only slowing down when I started going up against better players.

The other team has 6 possible casual players who have no idea what they're doing. You only have 5 possibles, if you, yourself are not a casual player. This inherently puts the odds in your favour.

What role do you play? I queue support and at least to me it can feel like there's less room to make a big impact than say DPS. Maybe I'm just not healing the right people and need to work on that.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice
This skin is probably what made Jeff quit.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice
Getting cursed with mystery role queue.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice

adhuin posted:

Flats, a Main tank-streamer has been doing some reviewing roasting of submitted Bronze-level replays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKbeWzSP3N8
Gameplay starts around 2:20.

They're both hilarious and frustrating to watch. Bronze players are wacky.

I feel attacked.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice
My go to move is to uselessly dva ult before pressing boost.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice
It certainly can be if you don't play Sigma and out dps everyone!

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice
My guess is making your thing more broadly appealing makes more money that having a unique experience.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice
The key to increasing player engagement is forcing your existing players to play even more!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Where's my Super Monday Night Combat sequel

Hell yes sign me up.