Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I saw a post with the Master Overwatch earlier and now my friends are having fun comparing stats

I'm the #733 Torb on PSN, apparently, but my buddy's #51 as Mei

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

three torbs with the proper support can be a bitch

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I already do well with D. Va so bring the buffs on

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'm mad my k:d with D. Va is above 3

I've other characters close to 3 but you'd think with how low her damage is it'd be less

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

She stays alive forever though if you're ok with her pilot form, it wouldn't surprise me if she had the highest KD overall (I'm at 4 I think but I've only played like 10 games as her so there's not much to go on I guess)

part of why I like her so much is because her pilot mode doesn't really seem like a detriment if I can dodge back to behind the front line. thanks for giving me a long-range weapon to snipe with!!

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

a goon on PS4 was salty about my offensive engie

I think he was sad he didn't have as many gold medals as I did

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

Offense Torbjörn is surprisingly effective in the hands of someone who can read the enemy team well enough to place the turret in effective positions. It also requires a team that's able to keep the enemy's attention well enough to let you build it up to level 2 but with the range on it all you really need to do is get around them without getting into a fight.

I love setting a turret up overlooking the point we're trying to take. it holds the front line, denies ground to the enemy, and in pushing the point you can pull enemies into range

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Huxley posted:

Imagine playing every attack for the past two weeks against double torb, with no text chat, aiming left-handed. That's console right now.

I played around 10 attacks tonight. All against at least two Torbs, all losses. You can't peek them. A typical encounter with a "hard counter character" is basically:

1. Die and have no idea where from. Watch kill cam to figure out where the thing is.

2. Position yourself to peek it. Jump out shoot at it, jump back in and see you took 140 damage. Grab a nearby health pack. Line up your next shot out of LOS.

3. Peek and shoot. Knock it down to half health before he ults 90 seconds into the match and one-shots you.

4. Swap to a new character and wait until they push past the initial choke so you can have some fun before your loss.

5. Have the game reinstance and drop you into another attack.

6. Go 3-12 for the night.

can't believe you just outed yourself as being so bad

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Torbjorn is ironically a great class for shooting turrets if you are good at shooting his rivet gun

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'm disappointed, I thought your personal performance in ranked matches did matter

even if I lose, it seems like it's a bad game for me if I don't have two or three golds. I don't want to be ranked poorly when it comes out on consoles because my teammates were shite

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

after rolling them on volskaya industries defense in competitive mode, the other team went all Torbjorns and stymied us completely. I love it, everything's fine

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Rocketlex posted:

Also if you're on console there will not be a soul using teamchat effectively. Proper PS4 mic procedure seems to be:

1. Put on mic
2. Immediately forget you have it on
3. At random intervals, just kinda chew it

the real trick is to go in with your three-stack and pick up the guys with mics who play well with a team. I've got some guys I roll with

in case you haven't got me already, my PSN is adamsolo3000

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

imagine playing that long and still being so lovely

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'm starting a party to play competitive on PS4, my goon buddy and I are mid-50s. add me @ adamsolo3000, namaste

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Reagan's Star Wars finally came to fruition

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

feeling good about my Overwatch stats :)

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

I'm adamsolo3000 on Xbox One

what a coincidence!

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

does anybody in the ps4 gaming ghetto want to play comp tonight? I'm at 59

add me @ adamsolo3000 if so

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

vulturesrow posted:

What time are you usually on?

during the week I'm kinda on whenever, usually in the afternoon/evening on EST. I teach and am on summer break

it's rare for me to be on in the evenings on a weekend but here I am, baby boy

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Playing with people you know and don't like at all (but your friends do) has to be the worst poo poo in the game. If I don't play 1 of reaper/76/pharah, we are guaranteed a loss. :argh:

the worst bit is that he unironically thinks hitler was justified because he "improved the german economy vastly"don't mention the genocide or the looting of jewish wealth. Also "logic rules over all", a literal autistic robot.

lmfao so make fun of him

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

tell me how I got in a party with some dudes and got crushed while one party member sold bongs or some poo poo at a store

literally hearing this dude ask "credit or debit?"

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I was the #594 comp Torb pre-nerf on PSN lmao

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Jastiger posted:

Wow the game kicked me for inactivity as i was setting up turrets at the attacking teams spawn. I guess you have to take damage or something or it'll kick you out. I was even shielding allies and stuff. What a stupid mechanic.

afaik you just have to be moving around

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

buff Torb on consoles by giving his 30% turret damage back

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I finished my placement matches and got 2541 is this good y/n

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'm doing comp on PS4 if anyone wants aboard @ adamsolo3000

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

when's Overwatch gonna steal the payload race gametype

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Zen is the best because he kills things more

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

im gay posted:

Nobody wants to see a bunch of Christmas themed skins 6 months after Christmas.

but at that point it's only six more months til Christmas

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I just started a smurf account on PSN called "born_torbjorn"

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'm having the worst time trying to make it back to the 2800s from the 2600s after tanking my score by playing with friends

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Redundant posted:

What was the nerf? Damage? The support with lovely range and garbage kit was out DPSing people?

her turrets got hit when Torb's did

they need to undo that, too.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

honestly part of me wants to visit QP now just so I can laugh at people getting mad about not being able to pick second Hanzo or Genji

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

timthetatman and moonmoon_ow stream Overwatch like every day and night and they're master/grandmaster level dudes

it helps they're entertaining as well

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

what are the chances Blizzard will roll back the nerf on Torb's turret on PS4

it's very unnecessary

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Papercut posted:

He just got a big buff in other ways, so I would guess the chances are very low.

I still don't think he's good enough with the damage nerf

I do appreciate the hammer swing buff though

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

the only Blizzard game I'd ever enjoyed before Overwatch was Hearthstone

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I've made it 2909, my career high so far, maining Soldier, flexing to Pharah for a life or two to harrass the enemy's backine, then switching back to push through

games are so much more fun at this level

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'm on PS4 and the other week I was playing comp and a dude on my team called that we were going to stomp the other team because they had a guy that had been on his team last game who chose Widowmaker and sat in spawn blasting a local radio station over the mic

the next game I had the griefer and sure enough, that's what he did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Bastion sounds so much fun to play and I can't wait for the changes to come to the main game : )

bastion main btw