Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

Teikanmi posted:

at least that's what I imagine every time I get randomly headshot by one as I'm coming around a corner and he's just firing arrows indiscriminately at nothing and happens to catch me

what I'm trying to say here is: gently caress Hanzo, and gently caress people who play him.

We probably saw you coming with our wallhack arrow.

Also learn to play. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

BigRed0427 posted:

King's Row: On Defense during setup. Two players arguing over who get's to be 76 and neither of them wanna be a tank. "I'm a higher level" "But I'm a higher rank." And then start arguing over play time. I quit right then and there because gently caress you if i'm gonna sit through that. I will gladly eat what ever penalty I get for it.

This would have been a perfect time to choose a soldier: "No, we are all the soldiers now!"

Bonus points, if you're crap with him.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Double Bill posted:

Win/loss determines whether you rank goes up or down, presumably individual performance determines by how much but I've yet to see conclusive evidence of that. Also a loss drops your rank way more than a win raises it. poo poo's hosed.

That's probably just observational bias. You remember huge losses and tiny gains more than small losses and huge gains (because you totally earned those).

Check your competitive statistics.

Mine is 29/63 won and I'm 2 levels lower than in beginning. Checks out.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Huxley posted:

Eventually we will have a support matched to every guntype.

Imagine if it was like Pharah, but her rockets healed.
Imagine if it was like Junkrat, but his balls bounced then healed.
Imagine if it was like Reinhardt, but his hammer ... healed.*

* This would actually rule.

Imagine if it was like Roadhog but his hooks healed. Both heal and a pullback.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Listerine posted:

The competitive playlist sucks, it's full of people who do not change their character regardless of how the fight is going. It's incredible to watch someone walk Bastion over and over and over again into turrets. In my last match I had a symmetra that refused to give me shields after shielding everyone else, the fucker waved at me but wouldn't give me shields.

Were you a massive dick to them? It sounds like it.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Jeff Kaplan posted:

Apologies for this bug. We've attempted to fix it numerous times and have had unrelated issues preventing the fix. We hope to have a fix this week.

In the meantime, we are in discussions with our Customer Support group to start taking action against those deliberately using the bug to play heroes other than Lucio.

Please do not exploit this bug. Fair warning.

About time. :colbert:

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Golem II posted:

The forced 50% win lose ratio is evident. Stop apologizing for the game. Every fps I've played never had did this.

If it matched you completely random, you'd more likely have 20-40% win percentage.

You're literally below average player, but that's ok. You can play with other scrubs like me.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Golem II posted:

gently caress this game I keep getting connected to poo poo players in comp

So you get matched with players within your skill level. Working as intended.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

I had bit different experience.
I Started at 45, eventually dropped down to 38, where I stayed a while.
Instead of blaming other players, I tried to improve my gameplay.

Eventually something clicked and I'm reaching now 48. First I though we had a new influx of newbies, but it could also be that I'm better teamplayer now.

This is all solo-queue BTW.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Shouldn't meltdowns like this go to the whine-thread?

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Everything literally balances in the end.

Leaver's screw you, they screw opposing side.
I got bad Hanjo, you get bad Hanjo.

Only thing that can tilt your career up or down is you. Only you.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

What do you expect of him?

Back in the day he got caught in Goonskate downvoting every single video made by others, so that his videos ranked a bit better.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Zephyrine posted:

Speaking as someone who is level 6. How can Bastion be bad? That turret seems to murder everything.

Genji can the bullets back to Bastion, Long range characters can bombard him, while closer ones distract him or other way around.
Or Ana can just sleep dart him. There's lot of ways to deal with him.

He can't escape while in turret form and if he's walking he is a bad Soldier 76.

Now Bastion with a dedicated Mercy and Reinhardt needs more work to open, but they've committed 3 guys for the strategy.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Verranicus posted:

Also I epected to see way more golden guns floating around at this point but they're still pretty rare it seems, are people really that bad?

60+ is top 6% of the players. They need to win 100 matches -> around 200 matches played.
Anyone lower needs around 360 games (for 55+) played or more and that's just one golden weapon on a single character.

They'll be very common after second season, when majority of player have grinded their way through 400-500 matches.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

teagone posted:

Roadhog, Reinhardt, S76, Reaper, and Pharah take priority for my ult when I'm playing Ana.

Those are always good choices, but my boost will go to Lucio. He usually end up skating between me and my target when I press Q.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Foxhound posted:

I met my first legit aimbotter last night. He was on our team, picked Soldier and said he was "elo boosting" the people he had grouped with. Enemy team started calling out his aimbot pretty quickly and since he got PotG we all got to see it in action. It was ridiculously obvious that he was botting with the crosshair being like a magnet on every enemy. Unsurprisingly, he was a complete rear end in voicechat too.

Or he was pro-player slumming down with you to Elo-boost mates, like he claimed?

Sufficiently advanced Pro-player is indistinguishable from magic aimbot and all that.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

I thought this game was supposed to match you with people your skill level, but I'm playing against people with gold borders and prestige stars at level 10? I'm still garbage at this game why's that happening? It's not like LoL where they immediately send you over to smurf island if you're even semi competent is it?

Levels, Borders and stars just mean that you have played this game a lot. They do not imply any skill level.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Kai Tave posted:

There were plenty of ways they could have nerfed Roadhog that weren't "hmmm let's start changing values by a third with minimal testing, that's the ticket."

Or they could have compensated it by increasing total DPS or giving some utility like shortening hooks timer or something.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

kaleedity posted:

why do you think roadhog needs more dps

Because he kinda sucks now?

He lost a lot of burst and that is much more valuable than same amount of DPS.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

turtlecrunch posted:

He says "Cut it out!"
He also says "Ow!"

Nuh uh!

Next you'll claim that Mercy doesn't say "Buggery online" after respawning.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Luckily Blizzard supports multiple people with same name.

We all can be Kill-masters we want to be!

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Snazzy Frocks posted:

you only get dupes if you've collected everything available from a given rarity (grey, blue, purp, gold). also the system rolls the various rarities without considering if you've tapped it out.

you're probably only getting dupes on the blues right now and it will be every time you get a blue.

It's Rarity and reward type.
I get plenty of purple skin dupes, but I'm still missing few purple highlight intros.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Heliotrope posted:

I love playing Moria and her being a support means that people aren't slam-picking her like they usually do with new heroes, so I can play her almost every game now.

You got lucky. I got SSD and it's still 50/50 if I can get her.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Happy holidays from blizzard:

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

thexerox123 posted:

What they really should do is make a character that consumes souls, preempting revives.

We had those characters: Old School Reaper and Torbjörn.

Collection of soul/scrap should prevent the guy from being ressed.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Joke is on them. My team scatters when I use the Moira ult.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

an actual frog posted:

Before everyone dogpiles you lemme just say "ELO hell" is basically every tier. We have top 500 players who post here and even they have to deal with leavers, trolls, torbs building turrets in spawn, etc. But no, don't worry about medals and ignore teammates who brag about them. Focus instead on making deliberate plays intended to tip the balance in your favour and win fights.

To use a recent support game as an example I had gold damage, gold healing and both gold elim medals but we kept losing fights. Perhaps my team's damage dealers weren't pulling their weight or maybe I was getting sidetracked by fragging out and instead shoulda focused more on healing key targets? The latter's more likely

ELO hell isn't real.

Leavers?
They're net-positive for you, unless you're one of them. (5 potential leavers on your team v 6 on other team)
Throwers?, Bad Picks? Little Kids? exactly same.

Only exception is, if you're bad enough dude to tilt your teams constantly. Then you might have more leavers than enemy.
But frankly you'd deserve that.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Sounds like you're the Roadhog w/ recall button.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

thexerox123 posted:

I don't see what Electric Light Orchestra has to do with Overwatch

It's bad. That's why it's called hell.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Willie Tomg posted:

The game does not play in a way that is conducive to those heroes facilitating gameplay. Even with two years to look at it post-release, Blizzard still can't quite reconcile its design with its design. That's very funny except for the part where now everyone I know IRL is fed up with this poo poo and uninstalled, lol.

What are you on about?

All of them are 100% perfectly working characters and what Blizzard is doing is fine tuning their balance a bit.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Wrist Watch posted:

Well I mean technically they're all functional

Whether what they do is actually useful or not made redundant by other characters is a whole other story

Which ones are redundant?
They are all useful and different enough from each other?.
It's true that some are little better than others.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I think we can all agree that there is at least one hero in the game that pretty much nobody wants on their team in any circumstance and that’s not good when your hero cast is 26(soon to be 27) heroes deep

Speak for yourself. I hate all DPS players equally.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

She doesn't have any self heal and only 250hp. Give her some leech to M1 or be able to use armor packs on herself.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Dias posted:

But she does have leech on her M1?

I tried it on practice range, but she didn't get any heals from it.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Dvawatch: When a problem comes along, you must whip it

:perfect:

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

nickhimself posted:

This looks ridiculous. We need more tanks and supports. At least eight of each would be nice

It's visually bad looking.
Doublestack those DPS characters. so it looks bit more balance.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Pregrouping: Just play solo Doomfist and punch random group of idiots.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Field Mousepad posted:

Apparently all you have do to get an endorsement is have a pulse. I'm ok with it

There's a total 33 endorsements others can give. Unless you're really toxic, one of them is likely to land on you.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Rand Brittain posted:

I mean, it seems like most people are likely to give their three endorsements to the people who annoyed them least. If nothing else, the toxic person will have less than anybody else.

Yeah. but he doesn't feel that bad, because he got one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

Coaching 101 is to tell your athletes what to do, instead of what not to do

I thought Coaching 101 was yelling at them red-faced? :argh: