Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i'm ready

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

can't wait to play games with my dad, soldier: 76, and my best robot buddy, bastion, and his best bird buddy, ganymede

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Mei technically has a little robot buddy

Torbjorn has a robot arm

Lucio has robot legs

Hanzo has lights on his shoes

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Elerion posted:

Tracer has a light on her chest.

yeah but i find it very funny that the first thing i noticed from the Dragons short is that master sneaky assassin hanzo has light up shoes like what i wore in 2nd grade

genji at least turns his glowy xbox lights off when he's trying to be sneaky

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

goodness posted:

I haven't heard/read anything about this game. From the brief video I watched it seems like a TF2-like but with a refreshed roster/maps/etc.

Is this supposed to be really good?

it's SUPPOSED to be good

and in fact

it is pretty good

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Adonis Gunther posted:

What can a man do for 25 minutes.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I WARNED YOU PEOPLE

I WARNED YE

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i bought a shitload of crates and got blackbeard torbjorn and nomad genji, which are the best skins for their respective characters

then later i hit level 5 and got the white mariachi skin for reaper

thanks game :allears:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Elerion posted:

He was 6-stacking, but I have no idea why you would assume only pros 6-stack.

i can confirm that most of my friends were 6-stacking last night and they're pretty bad :shobon:

gigawhite posted:

On that note, I could never tell yesterday if I was far enough away from d.va's mech explosion thing to not get taken out. Pretty massive range on that one.

I'm *fairly sure* that the red / ! \ symbol will turn yellow when you're out of range. It's not an infinite range, but it is very very big.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

don't worry you guys were the good team i was with last night :cheers:

but i also have like 35+ other friends who were also playing overwatch and i'm pretty sure at least some of them are bad

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

I played an AI match to test graphics stuff and its cute that the bots say gg at the end of the match.

i like that some of them even put passive aggressive emotes like "gg :\ "

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i bought the 50 pack of loot boxes as soon as I saw they were available, no shame

from what I can remember I got:

the only player icon i actually wanted, the one of bastion's bird (president bird)
the white anubis skin for Pharah (pretty sweet actually)
green mei (mei more like meh)
blackbeard torbjorn :yarr:
nomad genji (legit my favorite genji skin)
EL BLANCO reaper :ese: (actually i got this one out of a level up box later but still) :ese:
jet black 76 (so cool)
utopaea symmetra (very pretty)

and a bunch of other recolors and stuff and like 1300 coins, more than enough to get the Auditiva skin for lucio and all the correct voice lines and sprays i wanted so all in all a rounding success

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

GlitchThief posted:

I've been trying to get better as Genji so I can counter Bastion and get some assassination in, but I just can't seem to wrap my head around how he plays. I slink around and plink people with my ninja stars. When I'm ready to take on Bastion or when someone is shooting me at medium range, I hit e and charge. After my e wears off, they kill me while I desperately try to eke out a little more damage.

the key to genji is to just mash all your buttons, left click, right click, dash, deflect, melee, right click again, run around like a maniac and up walls and double jump over people and run away and come back later and

yeah actually i have no idea but this is my strategy and i'm sticking to it.

alternatively be like seagull, get a pocket mercy, be good

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

GlitchThief posted:

Thanks for the Genji tips, everyone. There's some obvious components of his skillset I was overlooking, so I'm hopeful I'll do much better tonight.

please don't forget the most important component of his skillset

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

wait i also forgot the other core component of his kit is to spam the "not good enough" voice line to your teammates at every possible opportunity

muda muda

muda muda

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Knifegrab posted:

Thanks for being so zenyatta guys. Maybe now I can be the zenyatta I have always dreamed of being!

funny story, I was uploading a video to youtube last night and my internet only has like 1.8 upload on a good day so I was rubberbanding all over the goddamn place and the lag was atrocious

but i played a couple games anyway and the only hero that i could actually still function with was zenyatta. still got several kills and heal cards at the end of game. and we won both. :shobon:

edit: also heres the video if anyone cares. i killed the same bastion twice. *triggered*

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Zzulu posted:

can you imagine what this man looks like without his armor on?

he's an enormous grandpa, you can see him in his comic that i can't link to cause i'm at work~

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Abu Dave posted:

What are you supposed to do in the downtime when you're a turret girl and all our turrets are up? Shoot guys? I thought I saw that you could heal your turrets somehow?

spam fully-charged right click orbs into the choke point, never stop

they will wreck anyone who is dumb enough to get hit, and they go through reinhardt's shield and will hit everyone behind him also.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

The Clap posted:

So, just pulled this out of a level up loot box:

:O

I also got this skin, at like level 6, but I am so atrociously bad with reaper I feel I can't do the skin justice :smith:

the detail on his skull mask is amazing though :allears:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Hughmoris posted:

Who is your weakest character? I've tried my hand with dVa multiple times and I'm completely ineffective with her.

Out of the ones I have actually put effort into playing a few times, I've yet to find any success as Reaper. Even if I flank around and find someone to kill I just screw it up so badly and die. Then I just switch to someone else I know I'm better at. I've yet to ever actually build up his ult, much less use it. :smith:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i vote for myself in every game because no one else is going to do it :saddowns:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Is Mechaqueen supposed to reference something in particular

I don't know poo poo about anime, but I just opened this skin

the name is Pharah's original name in development, when she was still literally just "rocket launcher guy girl"

god damnit still 2 hours til i get to go home :smithicide:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Ddraig posted:

TIL that the Payload in Hollywood actually has a guy inside it who comments on the match.

When you wipe the enemy team on point A he'll sometimes say "..Hello? Anyone out there?"

his name is Hal-Fred Glitchbot, he is a famous omnic movie director

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Ddraig posted:

Is this true? Please let this be true.

yeah you can see his name on the movie posters

Sancho posted:

I've left several quickplay matches on xbox one without penalty. Not sure what triggers it.

i don't think it takes effect until you start doing it a bunch in a short time frame, and then it's just an exp penalty.

you can leave safely i think once the :potg: starts, and you can leave at the start of the match during the initial hero select countdown.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

I never noticed the cart healed me.

Me neither. I push the cart all the time though I swear :(

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

teagone posted:

Me too. That skin is :krad:

I thought about buying it yesterday but it would cut in too much into my highlight intro budget so I compromised and got the White Rabbit skin (which i actually like more)

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Soothing Vapors posted:

we were getting shredded near our spawn by a bastion so I switched to Hanzo, jumped in front of him and hit E to deflect

there was just one minor flaw in my plan

I bet that Bastion was really confused though

a++++ for effort though :shobon:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

pakman posted:

Sorry but Green Cyborg Ninja Dude is Fun with a capital "F."

there's a japanese restaurant i drive by on my way home from work and the sign says GENJI and every time i'm like :yeah:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

nobody mentioned there was a TORBJORN COMIC OUT

http://comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/torbjorn-destroyer

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Dick Trauma posted:

What's "chip damage?"

when someone steps on your doritos :negative:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Thumbtacks posted:

I hate myself for it a bit but I'm starting to really actually like Tracer

i certainly hate you for it

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

mormonpartyboat posted:

junkrat's delivery of his 'happy birthday' line is probably my favorite thing in the game

have a nice have a nice have a niCE DAY!!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

I don't think "Chinese-Canadian Climate Scientist" is a stereotype.

why the hell do people keep saying mei is canadian

is this another of those dumb memes i keep hearing about

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Pumpy Dumper posted:

slight healing

i dunno if i would call 40hps on an entire team whenever he hits E as "slight"

so far every time i've played mercy the enemy lucio outheals me and i don't get a card at the end

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

is there a way to set yourself afk or dnd in game?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

fadam posted:

Is there a cap on how long Overtime can last?

yeah. i wanna say like 5 minutes?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Macaluso posted:

Sneak up on a character... as Bastion

KACHUNK KACHUNK KACHUNK KACHUNK VRRRRP VREEEEP CHGCHGCHCHCHCHGHGHGHG

Nothing says stealth like Bastion!

now i want to see what bastion looks like when he's crouch sneaking around

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Lady Naga posted:

When did I ever add additional factors literally since the beginning I was talking about 1v1ing someone in the face

here's a video of me zapping some people in the face and killing them as symmetra maybe this will help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbv_I8kQTUA

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

man this thread is a real bummer these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Dick Trauma posted:

In my first game back playing as Bastion on King's Row I rarely died, we won, and I got the PotG. Although we didn't win much after that match I didn't do my usual dying over and over. I tried to get sneaky and pick my engagements, I used the crouch to be a little quieter while moving when I knew there were lots of flankers and I managed to be in the right spot at the right time for my team a few times. Even managed to repeatedly take out one of those players that seemed addicted to hunting me down. I changed positions regularly and used a quick shift to reload when I knew action was imminent.

The only long range positions I took with Bastion were when the enemy was close to delivering the payload and I wanted to keep breaking their Reinhardt's shield. That worked well and he was forced to run around in the open and stop protecting his team.

nice job :)

it is good fun to have a good game and do well