Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I reckon just lose all your ult when you High Noon. I feel like characters with really good kits often have subpar ultimates, yet McCree's is an area denial and a being alive denial in the same ability. Also they should make his hat part of his headshot hitbox. Like if it gets shot off he commits suicide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Let's melt these loving servers!

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

One on hand I have to go to work in a couple hours and if I get to play Overwatch it will make work an unbearable trial. On the other hand I want to play Overwatch

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I played 3 games before I had to stop to go to work. Zenyatta is a monster with 250 health from Toblerone and Symmetra. Also if you complain about heroes being overpowered it is because you're bad

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Work

SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Mortimer posted:

im so loving mad at this game holy moly

i've been playing since 7 and I've got 8 wins

eight wins

I'm level 10

why does my team suck so hard every time, I should expect less of goons gg

What's your main?

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Block it after a couple people have come through for better results

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Yeah Reaper is a big one. Double Widowmaker/Hanzo is also another bad omen

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah if I see double widow I just give up.

I reckon if you're in double Widow bracket you can just go Zarya and carry your team by being at full energy the entire time.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I want to watch Overwatch streams at work but it is basically like Being John Malcovich but instead of being trapped in his body you are trapped in the body of some subhuman trash as he completely fucks everything up re: playing Overwatch

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I personally think D.Va is good. Fulfills a similar role to Winston but I think is better at picking off snipers and people in the backline but worse at jumping onto points and murdering supports.

I think this because:

D.Va's boosters are better at manouvering through hallways and just manouvering in general

You can boost into a dude and melee for like 50-75 or so upfront damage which normally tips the engagement in your favour.

Her Defense Matrix will buy you time to bail if you've bitten off more than you can chew

Her ult is more effective coming from behind the enemy as it will force them toward your team

If you gently caress up and have ult you can jam Q as your mech is destroyed and use the nuke to escape and call down another on

In pilot mode you are about 8 pixels wide and your gun is pretty gnarly/ you can fire at people's backs from far away to recharge your mech.

Winston is better at jumping onto points as:

His gun damages multiple people

His barrier surrounds him completely

You can shoot while the barrier is up

His leap does AoE damage

His ult gives him a ton of health and allows you to knock people off points.

He is a gorilla

These are my observations of these characters from playing the open beta and release.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Your lower legs probably got all hosed up and irradiated

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I think McCree, 76 and to an extent Pharah are meant to make up the frontline. Pharah can access a lot of flanking routes but she's not super manouverable in combat. Using her up front if you have a Reinhart or something can be pretty effective.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Gives you the horn

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Sometimes though you get a POTG where Toblerone ults and goes ham and cheese on the enemy team with his hammer. Makes it all worth it

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Dias posted:

This game is astoundingly less fun in solo queue.

I tend to just play Zarya in solo queue. It makes sense that she can carry the most.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Dias posted:

I play Soldier because I find that what the team usually misses is damage and someone that can take down supports/turrets. I mean, nevermind me never playing in a team without at least one sniper or a Genji/Reaper, but...

Soldier is a solid pick. If you use Biotic Field cleverly you can keep your pub teammates in the fight, distracting the enemy longer and enabling you to flank with Tactical Visor.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I think Junkrat is stronger at close range and area denial but Pharah is way more manouverable and better at picks. I prefer Pharah but they are both crazy strong.

Also Zarya is extremely strong and I can't understand how anyone could think the opposite. Use your E to save teammates/profit off their death. Now you have 50 charge and can start doing some damage. It's important to alternate your cooldowns and realise that half Zarya's health regenerates, and your barrier can buy you time for your shields to start regenerating.

Also you can wipe people out with her ult solo but you need 50 charge and your self barrier to be on cooldown, so you can stand and deliver big old M2 grenades. Also Reinhart will straight up counter your ult so try to hold off until he is dead.

Zarya is like Reinhart in that she works well with a strong frontline, where you are afforded a bit of space to disengage in order to refresh your cooldowns and regen your shield. She needs people near her to make use of her shield and you need to have a bit of awareness for people that are in trouble.

She doesn't have Reinhart's straight up tankiness (nobody does) but she does have range and pretty loving high dps when she gets up there.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

If you directly hit them with 2 rockets they are dead. 120 x 2 = pretty much half the cast.

If i've got the drop on a 200 health class I'll use the first rocket to bounce them into my second rather than trying for two direct hits.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Dias posted:

I have an incredibly reasonable buff for Lucio, hear me out: double jump.

Double jump but only off walls

edit: give his RMB self knockback in the air

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I think Roadhog is probably the easiest hero in the game

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Zenyatta actually heals 66% of his health. His self heal is not as good as Mercy's and Lucio's but his orbs are stronk

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

McCree is fine now though? You can still wipe people if you get the drop on them. You just can't kill every character in the game now

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Symettra

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Enough sports talk in videogame thread

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Yeah i think his ult is more about the 1000hp heal you get rather than what it can do. If you stayed Winston when you did it it would be so broken. When you have it play more aggressively because at a moments notice you can flip out, knock people around and jump heaps so when you turn back into Winston you have full health and can jump away or chuck your barrier down and shred your enemies.

Keep in mind when you ult it resets your jump pack cooldown, and when your ult runs out the same happens. This means if you time it well you can jump into the air, ult, jump down onto the point. Or, jump into the air as your ult finishes and jump pack to safety.

Also, Winstons bubble will prevent Lucio's sound barrier from hitting his team.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I think D.Va's ult is best used to cover your escape while you call down a new mech. Reinhart's ult is useful to disable a few enemies while you use your hammer to kill them.

I feel like Zarya's ult is pretty flexible. It's useful to set up Wombo Combo's with teammates for sure but if I have ~50 charge and my personal barrier is on cooldown use it to gather a few people together and then kill them with right click. They won't be able to damage race you when you can land those right clicks directly onto their bodies. Lastly, Gravitron Surge is useful for pulling people off the cart/point while you cap the last part.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

fadam posted:

I don't know what he actually said, but there's nothing wrong with telling someone they're doing a bad job if they're doing a bad job.

You're doing a bad job of posting.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

The stun is fixed so if you hook someone from range they'll be able to move and activate abilities by the time they get to you.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Roadhogs RMB is more dangerous than his hook and probably the thing to practice the most. It fired a ball of scrap that explodes forward in a shotgun blast at a certain distance. If you get your distance and timing right you can oneshot 200hp classes as if they were right next to you.

I think they will probably change Roadhog's hook to a projectile from the delayed hitscan it seems to be right now. I personally don't have too much trouble dodging hooks: you can kind of anticipate when they are going to throw one and I'll jump strafe away and then back towards where I started. Once Roadhog has missed his hook he's not that scary and will give you a lot of ult charge.

When I am Roadhog though hooking people is easy as. Just keep tracking as your hook flies out.

Oh and look at this Hog POTG i got. It is pretty fun.

https://youtu.be/4uexl6_xVDk

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Is that what is happening? We were getting matched up with Asian dudes and my ping was around 220

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Just need to make her do a rad slide forward when she starts firing after boosting

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I'd probably run a Torb or a Pharah. Torb will cover areas and his gun is pretty good up close and Pharah can just murder Reaper pretty much whenevs.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

NTRabbit posted:

I actually got my first ever hook and one shot kill with Roadhog last night, on a Lucio from about 20m away that was stunned. When my hook recharged I snagged a Reaper who was only 10-15m away, who promptly shot me to death because he wasn't stunned, and the only damage he took was from the hook impact, none of my shots as he stood right in front of me hit him, so yeah, seems like I have no idea how to repeat whatever I did that worked on Lucio.

Also D.Va works a lot better once you dismiss the silly notion that her mech has any active combat utility at all, and consider it an unarmed APC used to get a deadly little Korean girl into an excellent pistol firing position, with the occasional use as a remote control glider bomb. The shortest time one of my mechs has lasted, from mid-battlefield summon to exploding again, is slightly over 1 second, and this was regular fire, no ults involved, on the raised centre Himalayas map on the cap stairs.

What is your ping dude? Do you live in the Northern Territory?

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

It's nice to hit the first couple shots into the dome and watch them panic

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Torb is pretty loving strong. 75 armour is a heck of a lot, his ult is really good, and his gun is rude as. Furthermore, the armour is applied underneath shields so he hugely increases the viability of Zenyatta. He's really good I think. I'm never disappointed to see a Torb on my team.

The more I play this game the more I think Hanzo is purestrain garbage. Has no real strengths and attracts terrible players. If your most played hero is Hanzo you are dragging your team down.

Even D.Va is a better pick than Hanzo. At the very least a good Defense Matrix can nullify a lot of ults. Also D.Va is awesome and I can't wait for her to be buffed.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Hanzo is very fun to play and probably best on Payload attack. One change I would like to see is his cooldown and duration lowered on his Sonic Arrow so you could play him a bit more mobile and get the drop on people. As it stands he kind of doesn't have the tools to fight at close-mid range but that is probably where his weapon is best. I don't play a ton of Hanzo however as someone on my team has always picked him.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

All you gotta do with Pharah is hit directly with your rockets. Pretty much every other character has to do the same and they can't fly and don't do 120 damage shots.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Changes I would like to see to D.Va:

A cool slide forward when you start firing while boosting

Mech call down in Pilot form happening way faster so it is easier to crush people with it

Defense Matrix absorbing all projectiles and firing them back in a big clump like in Titanfall (includes ults)

Boost melee hitting with both arms for double damage

A skin that is the loader from Aliens

Separate taunts for pilot mode

Pilot mode pistol getting a charged blast on rightclick

A skin that looks like a giant bonbon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I cringe everytime a Genji gets POTG for this reason